Age Difference In Relationships In Thailand

WilliamCave

reality is lost on so many people

And kids have to learn it.

>

It's not the business of anyone else and, in any case, who has the qualifications or right to decide what is an acceptable maximum age difference?

This subject is rather overdone on forums and, I suspect, by young and impecunious young men who may take a different view when they are older with some change to jingle in their pockets.

Stand down, gramps.

Of course it's no one's business but if you're a pensioner and your wife/GF is 20 or 30 years your junior, you can't blame people for thinking she's being financially compensated.

I feel sorry for the young Thai women having to endure the embarrassment and shame of running around with fossils because of financial imperatives

I'm not yet a grandfather, young chap.

My wife is a good bit younger than me and has her own business. She relies financially on me for nothing but I do like to treat her to nice things like a second home and a second car. You'll understand when you are more mature that life isn't simply the black and white picture that you see at the moment.

You will also learn in time that people who are happy in their relationships don't give a damn what other people think.

a second home and car, bahahaha.

need i say more.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reality is lost on so many people

And kids have to learn it.

>

It's not the business of anyone else and, in any case, who has the qualifications or right to decide what is an acceptable maximum age difference?

This subject is rather overdone on forums and, I suspect, by young and impecunious young men who may take a different view when they are older with some change to jingle in their po

ckets.

Stand down, gramps.

Of course it's no one's business but if you're a pensioner and your wife/GF is 20 or 30 years your junior, you can't blame people for thinking she's being financially compensated.

I feel sorry for the young Thai women having to endure the embarrassment and shame of running around with fossils because of financial imperatives

My wife is a good bit younger than me and has her own business. She relies financially on me for nothing but I do like to treat her to nice things like a second home and a second car. You'll understand when you are more mature that life isn't simply the black and white picture that you see at the moment.

You will also learn in time that people who are happy in their relationships don't give a damn what other people think.

a second home and car, bahahaha.

need i say more.

One home and one car she paid for herself.

Dry your eyes. Stop crying and see whether you can say more. Better still, start saving so that you will be able to afford retirement yourself.

• Like 2

I'm perfectly mature thanks.

Mature enough to know that no bloke with any common sense or self-respect goes out and buys his wife a second home and a motor unless he's providing her with reasons to stay with him.

Of course, there's a chance that your relationship is genuinely different and, as I don't know you, I can't say for certain that you're delusional but given the track record of older men who've dished out the readies to younger Thai women like you have, there's every reason to suspect that you've got an unpleasant surprise or two coming your way at some point.

Just be prepared.

Yea, but don'tf orget, he is a member of an anonymous internet forum and his wife is different, she is fianancially independent, she just happens to fancy old men. Edited by Banzai99
  • Like 2

-

Mature enough to know that no bloke with any common sense or self-respect goes out and buys his wife a second home and a motor unless he's providing her with reasons to stay with him.

-

My dad bought mum a car as a present, it's actually not at all unusual among those that can afford it and doesn't imply anything about how "valid" (according to whatever cultural-specific convention you're using to make such high-and-mighty judgments) their marriage was.

What defines common sense and allows us self-respect are decisions we all need to make for ourselves, not for people to impose on others.

Was your dad 30+ years older than your mum?

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of woman who seek older men, I'm not saying i'm right but i'm entitled to my thoughts.

I don't think highly of girls that accept gifts like Houses or cars, more so if they have one already,It does not say much about the womans character as she could say no being that it's not needed.

I also could not understand from any point of view why anyone in the right mind would purchase a house in Thailand, It's not and never will be yours.

Edited by muythai2013

I'm perfectly mature thanks.

Of course, there's a chance that your relationship is genuinely different and, as I don't know you, I can't say for certain that you're delusional but given the track record of older men who've dished out the readies to younger Thai women like you have, there's every reason to suspect that you've got an unpleasant surprise or two coming your way at some point.

Just be prepared.

Yea, but don'tforget,he isamember of an anonymous internet forum and his wife is different, she is fianancially independent, she just happens to fancy old men.

Aren't I lucky?

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of woman who seek older men, I'm not saying i'm right but i'm entitled to my thoughts.

I don't think highly of girls that accept gifts like Houses or cars, more so if they have one already,It does not say much about the womans character as she could say no being that it's not needed.

I also could not understand from any point of view why anyone in the right mind would purchase a house in Thailand, It's not and never will be yours.

I'm just buying a house in Thailand, 85% of it belongs to the bank, but if I live another 10 years it will be mine.

I think the problem with ThaiVisa members is, they are just too old, so us younger guys find it hard to relate to them.

When I'm old, I hope I am more tolerant. smile.png

Yes, I'm sure you'll become more tolerant with age.

dont you mean impotent?

I'm just buying a house in Thailand, 85% of it belongs to the bank, but if I live another 10 years it will be mine.

so your Thai then, How exactly will it be yours even once its paid off, who's name is on the deed.

I think the problem with ThaiVisa members is, they are just too old, so us younger guys find it hard to relate to them.

When I'm old, I hope I am more tolerant. smile.png

Yes, I'm sure you'll become more tolerant with age.

dont you mean impotent?

He'll have to answer that one himself.

so your Thai then, How exactly will it be yours even once its paid off, who's name is on the deed.

Yes, mine all mine.

You have answered your own question.

We wise and mature people want nice homes in which to see out their days in the full knowledge that they will pass to their respective wives. That's what people do where you come from, I should think - that is, ensure that the home passes to the surviving spouse.

Don't worry, you'll come to understand these things in time.

What i have come to understand is that people that love each other wish to grow old together, spend longer together.

people who have love understand that, my children will get what we leave behind.

would hate to pass 30 or 40 years before the wife, being 3 years apart its the time we will cherish, not any material things.

You are entitled to define your maturity as you see fit.

My wife has had her own house for years. I wanted a bigger a newer one and that's the one we live in. Why not be comfortable with plenty of space around you if you can afford it? She has her own vehicle but I wanted to be able to use a rather nice brand new suv I fancied. She prefers the pick up for business. Read my previous post.

My wife is younger but hardly young.

Funny how kids think that they know more than do grown ups. Chappy, I've been around the circuit more times than you have. I'm in the best relationship that I've ever had and am enjoying myself. I hope that, one day, you too reach that happy state.

Soften your soul.

Well all power to you if you're in the best relationship of your life. I'm sure you said the same thing in all your previous marriages or liaisons.

All I'm saying is that plenty of men, myself included, have had successful relationships with women where they haven't needed to grease the wheels of bliss with liberal quantities of cash. If that's what you have to do to keep your wife, fine . . . as long as the dosh is there.

You and I both know that advanced years don't provide any guarantee whatsoever of success in relationships or superior knowledge of the ways of women so I'm at a loss as to why you keep berating younger men.

You were younger once; didn't you have successful relationships back then or do you genuinely feel that one has to have a foot in the grave to be able to make one work?

• Like 1

You have answered your own question.

We wise and mature people want nice homes in which to see out their days in the full knowledge that they will pass to their respective wives. That's what people do where you come from, I should think - that is, ensure that the home passes to the surviving spouse.

Don't worry, you'll come to understand these things in time.

What i have come to understand is that people that love each other wish to grow old together, spend longer together.

people who have love understand that, my children will get what we leave behind.

would hate to pass 30 or 40 years before the wife, being 3 years apart its the time we will cherish, not any material things.

So everyone should lives their lives according to your personal preferences?

When you say 'people' do you mean all people? You can't possibly know that.

And who's to say when either of you will die?

Old men with young women aresad and strange, but all the women I know in this situation have a boyfriend nearer their own age and both benefit from the old mans money.

Sad really, but it is to be expected.

I find it especially sad when the old chaps dye their hair and wear a younger mans clothes thinking it will roll back the years, it looks stupid.

Edited by Banzai99
  • Like 1

Old men with young women aresad and strange, but all the women I know in this situation have a boyfriend nearer their own age and both benefit from the old mans money.

That is what I have seen too in my wifes circles.. they keep the old guy around for the money. I seen a guy like that (thai) go crazy and take the girls phone and giver her a lot of cash to forget all her old numbers as he did not like the younger b/f s around.

Of course she would get the numbers back but had a bit extra cash. Other situation young girl went for older guy too so he could support her family she was a bit ashamed walking with him (all thai on thai here) but the needs of the family took priority. I do pitty but that is how often is. Those girls are not happy but money is king.

In most normal relations you see here age is roughly the same.. and sure there are exceptions but not as much as people like us to believe. They are a bit more tolerant here of age differences but not as much they all know what is about then.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1

The whole disney fairy-tale fantasy of " 'til death to us part" based on nothing but hormone-based temporary insanity is a luxury only rich societies could get away with trying to brainwash people into and is completely irrational, as is born out by our divorce statistics.

Oh and the fantasy so many hapless love-losers have where all that's needed for a blissful, long-lasting relationship with a significantly younger Thai woman several aesthetic notches above that which they were able to attract and retain back home is a modest pension and a few shekels in the bank is so much more rational isn't it?

Yeah, of course, those work out every bloody time, don't they?

None of your business, and again as above not relevant to what I'm saying. Twenty years later she bought him a farm on 35 acres, does that make him a gigolo?

Of course it's bloody relevant.

It's relevant because I'm sure your dad didn't go out and buy your mum a car in order to soften the impact of marrying a man 30 years her senior unlike Mr. Morden who bought his much younger wife a house as well.

I find it especially sad when the old chaps dye their hair and wear a younger mans clothes thinking it will roll back the years, it looks stupid.

I know the type your'e talking about - and I don't fit your description by the way. However, if you were, say, in your 70's, as many of them are, and found yourself without a partner, would you:

a) Look for a saggy arsed specimen of around your own age or

B) Look for a young woman with a decent figure?

Try to see it their way because, one day, you may have to.

• Like 1

My wife has had her own house for years. I wanted a bigger a newer one and that's the one we live in. Why not be comfortable with plenty of space around you if you can afford it? She has her own vehicle but I wanted to be able to use a rather nice brand new suv I fancied. She prefers the pick up for business. Read my previous post.

Funny how kids think that they know more than do grown ups. Chappy, I've been around the circuit more times than you have. I'm in the best relationship that I've ever had and am enjoying myself. I hope that, one day, you too reach that happy state.

Soften your soul.

Well all power to you if you're in the best relationship of your life. I'm sure you said the same thing in all your previous marriages or liaisons.

All I'm saying is that plenty of men, myself included, have had successful relationships with women where they haven't needed to grease the wheels of bliss with liberal quantities of cash. If that's what you have to do to keep your wife, fine . . . as long as the dosh is there.

You and I both know that advanced years don't provide any guarantee whatsoever of success in relationships or superior knowledge of the ways of women so I'm at a loss as to why you keep berating younger men.

You were younger once; didn't you have successful relationships back then or do you genuinely feel that one has to have a foot in the grave to be able to make one work?

I'm 'berating' younger men because I'm hacked off with them coming here and telling others how to live their lives when they haven't got a clue what life beyond the nappy stage is about. They also think that they have the right to insult those other people and their wives. If they don't like it back, they should keep quiet.

And no, my relationship doesn't depend on the 'dosh'. I enjoy, with her, what I have over here. She spends her own money on me too. Up to me and not the business of any bitter, clueless, pot-less young prick who's just realised he hasn't done anything about his pension fund.

So, what turned your business owning financially independant woman onto an old man ?

The gut, the grey hair, the sexual prowess, lol........you're kidding yourself, even Mick Jagger knows the young chicks are with him for the money, the fame etc, what's your story ?

Soften your soul.

I'm 'berating' younger men because I'm hacked off with them coming here and telling others how to live their lives when they haven't got a clue what life beyond the nappy stage is about. They also think that they have the right to insult those other people and their wives. If they don't like it back, they should keep quiet.

And no, my relationship doesn't depend on the 'dosh'. I enjoy, with her, what I have over here. She spends her own money on me too. Up to me and not the business of any bitter, clueless, pot-less young prick who's just realised he hasn't done anything about his pension fund.

So, what turned your business owning financially independant woman onto an old man ?

The gut, the grey hair, the sexual prowess, lol........you're kidding yourself, even Mick Jagger knows the young chicks are with him for the money, the fame etc, what's your story ?

Mind your own business. You will have to live a little longer to learn those secrets. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2