Age Difference In Relationships In Thailand

WilliamCave

Seen it often some of my wifes friends dit it too. said it was not about mature but about money. Mature is just covering it, one of her friends wat the mia noi of an older guy as long as he paid. Meanwhile she had younger bf's for the "good times".

How do I think about it, lets reverse it would you guys want to be in a relation with a female 10 or 20 years older then you if you are not financially compensated.. most goes for Thai girls too.

But as always there are always exceptions to this rule and that is between the guy and his girl.

Not many though, I know someone who is 73 years old, his wife is 29, and they have a five year old daughter. His wife was shagged by his friend who is much younger. He found out about it, they are still together, but the house is in his wifes name, need I go on?

There are too many of those stories. One doesn't have to do that you know, to have a girlfriend. He could instead find a very pretty 35 year old school teacher whose home loan is already in her name the same as her car, and just give her enough money every month to get her out of a bind. He can walk any time things go sideways. In the meantime, he's not out much, can walk, and they both get what they want.

Another thing maybe you don't believe is that they may actually like each other. She speaks good English and they may hang out talking about all kinds of things just like other people do. It's not love, it's friendship. And if it doesn't last, he didn't bury himself financially or emotionally.

I think the question is: Is he fooling himself and putting all of his eggs into it?

• Like 2

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen it often some of my wifes friends dit it too. said it was not about mature but about money. Mature is just covering it, one of her friends wat the mia noi of an older guy as long as he paid. Meanwhile she had younger bf's for the "good times".

How do I think about it, lets reverse it would you guys want to be in a relation with a female 10 or 20 years older then you if you are not financially compensated.. most goes for Thai girls too.

But as always there are always exceptions to this rule and that is between the guy and his girl.

Not many though, I know someone who is 73 years old, his wife is 29, and they have a five year old daughter. His wife was shagged by his friend who is much younger. He found out about it, they are still together, but the house is in his wifes name, need I go on?

There are too many of those stories. One doesn't have to do that you know, to have a girlfriend. He could instead find a very pretty 35 year old school teacher whose home loan is already in her name the same as her car, and just give her enough money every month to get her out of a bind. He can walk any time things go sideways. In the meantime, he's not out much, can walk, and they both get what they want.

Another thing maybe you don't believe is that they may actually like each other. She speaks good English and they may hang out talking about all kinds of things just like other people do. It's not love, it's friendship. And if it doesn't last, he didn't bury himself financially or emotionally.

I think the question is: Is he fooling himself and putting all of his eggs into it?

You make a lot of sense Neversure.

AnotherOneAmerican, on 18 May 2013 - 20:48, said:

yourauntbob, on 18 May 2013 - 20:45, said:

It all depends on the people, but I dont see how anyone has a connection with someone half their age. the older you get the larger the gap can be, but i dont see ever being with someone less than 75% of my age.

When you are 40, you don't see having a relationship with a 10 year old, yep I get that.

When you are 60, you don't see having a relationship with a 15 year old, yep I can understand that too.

Did you really mean what you posted?

Do they teach maths in the USA?
  • Like 1

It all depends on the people, but I dont see how anyone has a connection with someone half their age. the older you get the larger the gap can be, but i dont see ever being with someone less than 75% of my age.

When you are 40, you don't see having a relationship with a 10 year old, yep I get that.

When you are 60, you don't see having a relationship with a 15 year old, yep I can understand that too.

Maybe math was different in the early 1960's...

• Like 1

Old men with young women aresad and strange, but all the women I know in this situation have a boyfriend nearer their own age and both benefit from the old mans money.

Sad really, but it is to be expected.

I find it especially sad when the old chaps dye their hair and wear a younger mans clothes thinking it will roll back the years, it looks stupid.

I agree that to the younger person it looks very sad, however when I am older it will probably seem like a great idea and hopefully by then I'll have learned not to give a damn what others think.
  • Like 2

Maybe math was different in the early 1960's...

I reserve the right to mis-read another person's post then post something silly in response to imagined post.

(Same as every other TV poster). My bad, no need to keep bringing it up, old age happens to everyone.

While I agree with the essence of this, even aside from the exceptions you point out, I think there is a difference between what women generally find physically attractive and unattractive and what men do as well as an arguably aesthetic difference about how society typically views the affects of age. There's a reason why male movie stars, for example, can be widely perceived as sexy at an age when women of the same age might not be (I obviously recognize that most people don't look like George Clooney or Sean Connery, but that's not the point).

I also think that while everyone finds physical beauty attractive, women are often less superficial and don't put it as high a priority as men typically would. Some of things they might see as being more important don't decline with age and often increase (including but not confined to financial wherewithal).

These are all obviously generalizations and thus are of inherently limited accuracy.

A question for Thaivisa members. Think back 20 or thirty years ago. Would you have taken up with a rich fat ugly woman around 20 years older than yourself who promised you everything, new house, car, great standard of living etc, if the chance was there? I certainly would not have.

This topic has been done to death over many years, but still good for a giggle.

Another good topic is : " Where did you meet your wife " some of the replies are really cringeworthy, and obvious fabrications, if you met her in a bar, like most farangs do, just say so, don't make up some ridiculous tale, who are you trying to kid anyway, yourself ?

I did not meet my wife in a bar, but all my Farang friends did, and I see nothing wrong with that.

I know a 70 year old man with a woman in her early 30's, he is a good friend of mine and is incredibly fit for his age. He is a good laugh and he was teasing his wife so I replied "why do you put up with that" she replied "because he gives me money".

They both get on together they laugh and joke but they both realise it's a business deal he even says so, she runs a business he paid for and they are all happy.

As long as people are not fooling themselves into thinking love is the driving force behind the relationship then no one gets hurt.

Could I give a rats backside if these aged men pay for young girls? No, go for it, I am still under 40 but I am sure I will still like 25 year old girls when I am 60.

Will you be able to afford them then? But, if you are one of those with a pension plan then good for you.

While I agree with the essence of this, even aside from the exceptions you point out, I think there is a difference between what women generally find physically attractive and unattractive and what men do as well as an arguably aesthetic difference about how society typically views the affects of age. There's a reason why male movie stars, for example, can be widely perceived as sexy at an age when women of the same age might not be (I obviously recognize that most people don't look like George Clooney or Sean Connery, but that's not the point).

I also think that while everyone finds physical beauty attractive, women are often less superficial and don't put it as high a priority as men typically would. Some of things they might see as being more important don't decline with age and often increase (including but not confined to financial wherewithal).

These are all obviously generalizations and thus are of inherently limited accuracy.

A question for Thaivisa members. Think back 20 or thirty years ago. Would you have taken up with a rich fat ugly woman around 20 years older than yourself who promised you everything, new house, car, great standard of living etc, if the chance was there? I certainly would not have.

No.

But 25 years ago I did take up with rich rather good looking and quite fit Thai woman almost 20 years older who promised me everything (I wasn't the first young Farang to do so)...I was pretty miserable, despite the material benefits at a time when I was in much need of them. And it is inherently more difficult to fake arousal for a man and the genuine desire was limited despite the fact she was a nice looking woman. (Things were not helped by the fact that the were so many nubile young hotties available - some of whom worked for her).

So I bailed (not that I ever planned for it to be permanent)...but I had more options* than many young women do AND, as I mentioned previously in the thread, men are often more superficial than women (and I was always ridiculously demanding - I wanted physical attraction AND mental. Somehow I managed to find it a fair few times -- but not with anyone older, as its happens).

*In those days I chose being pretty broke but having loads of sexual adventure with multiple and attractive partners over financial comfort but I could have gone home and gotten a job.

• Like 1

I have a retired Thai friend. He is in his seventies and his Thai wife is in her thirties. coffee1.gif

My ex UK wife was seventeen years my junior and we were together for over twenty years. smile.png

Edited by transam

sometimes times I go to comedy festivals for a laugh, other times I head to the circus and watch the clowns.

when I'm bored of that I watch the old guys walk around BKK with their woman's hand in the back pocket.

They certainly are living the dream, maybe one day they will wake up.

No.

But 25 years ago I did take up with rich rather good looking and quite fit Thai woman almost 20 years older who promised me everything (I wasn't the first young Farang to do so)...I was pretty miserable, despite the material benefits at a time when I was in much need of them. And it is inherently more difficult to fake arousal for a man and the genuine desire was limited despite the fact she was a nice looking woman. (Things were not helped by the fact that the were so many nubile young hotties available - some of whom worked for her).

So I bailed (not that I ever planned for it to be permanent)...but I had more options* than many young women do AND, as I mentioned previously in the thread, men are often more superficial than women (and I was always ridiculously demanding - I wanted physical attraction AND mental. Somehow I managed to find it a fair few times -- but not with anyone older, as its happens).

*In those days I chose being pretty broke but having loads of sexual adventure with multiple and attractive partners over financial comfort but I could have gone home and gotten a job.

Excellent post SteeleJoe

Neither would I, But that's the thing, men are different from women,not just physically also mentally,quite easily to work out, actually!.

Edited by nontabury

I have a retired Thai friend. He is in his seventies and his Thai wife is in her thirties. coffee1.gif

My ex UK wife was seventeen years my junior and we were together for over twenty years. smile.png

And what happened to your woman if I may ask.

I became ill. Yeh, I became ill. Pretty sad eh, I still don't understand but thats life. sad.png

No.

Excellent post SteeleJoe

Thanks. I expected to get some derision and/or disbelief rather than praise...but that will probably come, in time.

I became ill. Yeh, I became ill. Pretty sad eh, I still don't understand but thats life. sad.png

she left you because you were ill, I think in that case you were best without her.

Hope you met a good one this time.

she left you because you were ill, I think in that case you were best without her.

Hope you met a good one this time.

We will never know until perhaps it is too late. Now I trust know one. Sad really but that really is life, nobody knows whats around the corner. sad.png

Yes you're right about the pension not relevant, I've always drawn much younger women, even before Thailand, I guess some of us just have that ability, so when I met my Thai wife, nothing really changed....for some maybe maybe a young wife is a new experience.....for me it wasn't.......sorry to inform you young guys....smile.png ......it isn't all about money.....you've got to have 'it'

This is soo true, even in farangland some men find it very easy to get off with the best looking girls, while others can only get off with the drags(not saying looks are everything) in many cases it does't even relate to the man having good looks. Some men simple find it very easy to attract members of the opposite sex. Maybe this is what Hardensoul resent

Back in the UK, in the vast majority of cases, you will never see a handsome man with an ugly woman, but you will see plenty of ugly men with pretty women.

sometimes times I go to comedy festivals for a laugh, other times I head to the circus and watch the clowns.

when I'm bored of that I watch the old guys walk around BKK with their woman's hand in the back pocket.

Only when their bank balance runs out.

Thats perhaps is when all is revealed. smile.png I have some stories but............................

I posted this a just few weeks ago but there's not too many lines like this one from Citizen Kane:

You're right, I did lose a million dollars last year. I expect to lose a

million dollars this year. I expect to lose a million dollars next year.

You know, Mr. Thatcher, at the rate of a million dollars a year, I'll have to close this place in ...

60 years.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

I have made many very judgemental comments, based on observations based on the majority.

Basically I have been doing the very thing I despise, judging all by the actions of some.

I will put it like this, most I believe are kidding themselves with the belief the younger girl loves them.

others are fully aware however and are enjoying the ride, a mutual beneficial relationship based on needs rather then love.

A lucky few have love, that is fantastic, I find it odd but If the girl loves the man she would be a fool not to jump in.

Sitting here with my wife and children, laughing and having so much fun, who am I to deny that to others who have it, and I know without a doubt there would be others here who do.

when I see any couple young or old, only they know whats really in their hearts and minds, I still think its a minority who are serious but i'm sure they exist so I really should stop judging now and shut my mouth.

Wow.

THAT'S a rare thing: to see someone actually grow a bit from things read and considered on an Internet thread.

Nice.

Old men with young women aresad and strange, but all the women I know in this situation have a boyfriend nearer their own age and both benefit from the old mans money.

I find it especially sad when the old chaps dye their hair and wear a younger mans clothes thinking it will roll back the years, it looks stupid.

I don't agree with everything that has been said on either side of the conversation. I am neither old nor young but this one statement I agree with so much "I find it especially sad when the old chaps dye their hair and wear a younger mans clothes thinking it will roll back the years, it looks stupid."

• Like 1

I don't agree with everything that has been said on either side of the conversation. I am neither old nor young but this one statement I agree with so much "I find it especially sad when the old chaps dye their hair and wear a younger mans clothes thinking it will roll back the years, it looks stupid."

I don't see why this would bother anybody as long as the guy is happy

Just so I don't fall into the trap....could you explain what is regarded as young mans clothes?

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 2

I don't see why this would bother anybody as long as the guy is happy

Just so I don't fall into the trap....could you explain what is regarded as young mans clothes?

Yeh, what are young mans clothes. ? coffee1.gif