Age Difference In Relationships In Thailand

WilliamCave

I think perhaps you're deluded in thinking a satisfying physical relationship needs things "in common", to me compatibility is a completely different issue, it's the things we don't have in common that make them attractive to me, maybe "complementary" is the right world

And I don't know why you keep insisting that lots of us are deluded, I think most of us know exactly what we're doing and love it thanks.

• Like 2

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think perhaps you're deluded in thinking a satisfying physical relationship needs things "in common", to me compatibility is a completely different issue, it's the things we don't have in common that make them attractive to me, maybe "complementary" is the right world

And I don't know why you keep insisting that lots of us are deluded, I think most of us know exactly what we're doing and love it thanks.

Yes the lamentations of a legion of non-deluded men bitching about lost money, houses, cars and dreams all over the TV forum are a testament to that.

EDIT: Furthermore, I don't remember saying that those engaged in purely physical relationships are losers nor that those types of relationships require things in common. My assertions apply to those who seem to confuse the physical aspects with genuine affection and distribute their wealth accordingly.

Edited by HardenedSoul

Let's ignore the tendency for many of these women to be somewhat economical with the truth for a moment, eh?

millions of older men who haven't rocked up here looking for young, cheap tail who would essentially call you losers.

It's not just younger guys.

-

I've been called much worse, and by people that actually know me, so in this case not a problem

And regarding honesty, you should hear the Thais' opinion of younger guys who think the sun shines out of their butt lying through their teeth trying to get it for free.

To me a much lower form of pond-scum than girls doing the same, at least they're on the presumed-victim side of the poverty equation, not lying just to get their wick wet.

To me that's the bottom line, selling your body, paying for sex, age differences, whatever no problem, but when the lies start that's a real moral issue not any of the rest of it.

The old guys in my experience are the most honest group out of the lot, and once a TG has made the cut with me and knows where she stands I've found they very very rarely lie.

So you really are a handsum man then. thumbsup.gif

So you really are a handsum man then. thumbsup.gif

-

People whose word I trust used to tell me so, but these days. . .

Not so much sad.png

These days I take my compliments where I get them - "chalat guen bai" "loo mak guen bai" will do for this stage of my life.

Angeledge777, on 21 May 2013 - 17:30, said:

There are different types of girls, the same in our countries. However, the change is quite drastic here depending on if they are from a rich or poor family, educated or not.

Buriram, where most of the mia farang lives, is also one of the poorest region of Thailand. Over there, every single girls have been told, since they are kids, to go with the farang because he have a lot of money. The result, the villages are full of big houses paid by the foreigners.

The good girl don't really care about your nationality. She love her family, she is educated, have a good job with a good salary. Most of all, she knows she can get the best man, educated and rich whatever his origin is. She DO care about what she looks like and to be with an old foreigner is NOT looking good at the eyes of this class of people.

If the girl come to you at godspeed, ask yourself some questions. Why isn't she with another Thai already? How can she fall in love with you so quickly? How can she speak English so well after receiving such a low level education (Thailand is the last country in the ASEAN for English Teaching) why has she moved to Bangkok, Pattaya or Phuket to be... A seller!

-

Sure lots of mia farang come from Buriram, but I don't think it's the top province, where did you get that idea?

Sounds like he is the one living in the mansion on the hill with the wife 20 years younger than him, wondering what the h_ell happened...........coffee1.gif

Just Sayin'..........................wink.png

I started reading this last night coundn't wait to finish it.SOME background( ihave been visiting LOS a few times.I am retiring there Jan,Feb. ) NOW i am 62 be 63 in Jan 14. The girl i met is spectacular she is funny down to earth and just as genuine as the day is long Her family is poor rice farmers,she loves farming,chickens,cooking and helping others. When we are together we are laughing and have the best time.SHE may not be HI SO in some eyes but for me she is a million bucks. I will ride this "relationship" for as long as it lasts .IF all i end up with is a couple months that will be more happiness than i had in my other two marriages ( yes i am divorced twice so i am damaged goods) But for some strange reason when i am with her all my short commings don't seem to matter. Now as far as the age difference yes it is a factor but no more than the large difference between cultures .I am glad and proud to be with what some call "a girl no thai would want" she was married and had a child and is poor she don't have a degree (but she is smart) she has dark skin and probably more Lao than thai(don't know) NOW BEFORE I TELL ALL YOU sharks how young she is I really don't give a **** what you think of me.I quit living my life for what others think a while ago:) But i just couldn't resist adding my two cents(you know us yanks) smile.png SHE will be 23 when i am 63 smile.png I LOVE IT. now sorta what i said above i am not concerned about what tommorow brings today is the only day i have. I have survived cancer two exwives the loss of one son,my parents two sisters and i imagine before it is over i will out live my other siblings and my youngest son and my other exwife . But my GF and possible wife will still be putting a smile on my face even if she has already left me well there is more on my mind but that is the gist JRV

Your grammar is probably on the same level so there's something you have in common!laugh.png

>I started reading this last night coundn't wait to finish it.SOME background( ihave been visiting LOS a few times.I am retiring there Jan,Feb. ) NOW i am 62 be 63 in Jan 14. The girl i met is spectacular she is funny down to earth and just as genuine as the day is long Her family is poor rice farmers,she loves farming,chickens,cooking and helping others. When we are together we are laughing and have the best time.SHE may not be HI SO in some eyes but for me she is a million bucks. I will ride this "relationship" for as long as it lasts .IF all i end up with is a couple months that will be more happiness than i had in my other two marriages ( yes i am divorced twice so i am damaged goods) But for some strange reason when i am with her all my short commings don't seem to matter. Now as far as the age difference yes it is a factor but no more than the large difference between cultures .I am glad and proud to be with what some call "a girl no thai would want" she was married and had a child and is poor she don't have a degree (but she is smart) she has dark skin and probably more Lao than thai(don't know) NOW BEFORE I TELL ALL YOU sharks how young she is I really don't give a **** what you think of me.I quit living my life for what others think a while ago:) But i just couldn't resist adding my two cents(you know us yanks) smile.png SHE will be 23 when i am 63 smile.png I LOVE IT. now sorta what i said above i am not concerned about what tommorow brings today is the only day i have. I have survived cancer two exwives the loss of one son,my parents two sisters and i imagine before it is over i will out live my other siblings and my youngest son and my other exwife . But my GF and possible wife will still be putting a smile on my face even if she has already left me well there is more on my mind but that is the gi

st JRV

Hang him high!laugh.png

Here we go. The cynics have woken up.

It's rather rude to criticise someones writing skills.

Oops,I didn't mean to post the first one and deleted it,the system has auto-saved it and reposted it.I wondered why there was two blocks of quotes!whistling.gif

>I started reading this last night coundn't wait to finish it.SOME background( ihave been visiting LOS a few times.I am retiring there Jan,Feb. ) NOW i am 62 be 63 in Jan 14. The girl i met is spectacular she is funny down to earth and just as genuine as the day is long Her family is poor rice farmers,she loves farming,chickens,cooking and helping others. When we are together we are laughing and have the best time.SHE may not be HI SO in some eyes but for me she is a million bucks. I will ride this "relationship" for as long as it lasts .IF all i end up with is a couple months that will be more happiness than i had in my other two marriages ( yes i am divorced twice so i am damaged goods) But for some strange reason when i am with her all my short commings don't seem to matter. Now as far as the age difference yes it is a factor but no more than the large difference between cultures .I am glad and proud to be with what some call "a girl no thai would want" she was married and had a child and is poor she don't have a degree (but she is smart) she has dark skin and probably more Lao than thai(don't know) NOW BEFORE I TELL ALL YOU sharks how young she is I really don't give a **** what you think of me.I quit living my life for what others think a while ago:) But i just couldn't resist adding my two cents(you know us yanks) smile.png SHE will be 23 when i am 63 smile.png I LOVE IT. now sorta what i said above i am not concerned about what tommorow brings today is the only day i have. I have survived cancer two exwives the loss of one son,my parents two sisters and i imagine before it is over i will out live my other siblings and my youngest son and my other exwife . But my GF and possible wife will still be putting a smile on my face even if she has already left me well there is more on my mind but that is the gist JRV

Hang him high!laugh.png

Here we go. The cynics have woken up.

It's rather rude to criticise someones writing skills.Consider the source.

Looks like angry little Napoleon Joe's been on the Lao Khao again!whistling.gif

These days I take my compliments where I get them - "chalat guen bai" "loo mak guen bai" will do for this stage of my life.

Those aren't complements.
-

I know, they are compliments.

Especially when coming from girls trying to charm excessive money out of you, which was the whole point of the discussion at the moment n'est-ce pas?

Edited by PalMan

Those aren't complements.
-

I know, they are compliments.

Especially when coming from girls trying to charm excessive money out of you, which was the whole point of the discussion at the moment n'est-ce pas?

ask in english if he agrees instead of trying to make out your superiority in language. Sorry but that annoys me

• Like 1

Let's ignore the tendency for many of these women to be somewhat economical with the truth for a moment, eh?

millions of older men who haven't rocked up here looking for young, cheap tail who would essentially call you losers.

-

I've been called much worse, and by people that actually know me, so in this case not a problem

And regarding honesty, you should hear the Thais' opinion of younger guys who think the sun shines out of their butt lying through their teeth trying to get it for free.

To me a much lower form of pond-scum than girls doing the same, at least they're on the presumed-victim side of the poverty equation, not lying just to get their wick wet.

To me that's the bottom line, selling your body, paying for sex, age differences, whatever no problem, but when the lies start that's a real moral issue not any of the rest of it.

The old guys in my experience are the most honest group out of the lot, and once a TG has made the cut with me and knows where she stands I've found they very very rarely lie.

You make some very good and valid points there.

The older men in relationships that I spend time with are honest with their partners about their view of the nature their relationships. There are others, though, who want a convenient home life and sneak out whoring in the evenings like post-pubescent teenagers with three dicks.

The younger element, say 20s and 30', does, as you say, often raise the matter of morality. Quite often their girlfriends, sometimes 18 year old students from the school at which they teach, seem to genuinely like their farang boyfriends. Sadly, many of the kids are here for no more than a laugh and sex fest for a short while and then they disappear back to their own countries. After all the moralising that has been thrown at older men and their younger partners (and who is qualified to say where the acceptable boundary might be if there is one) the behaviour of some of the young and single element here is immoral and dishonest.

• Like 1

Yes the lamentations of a legion of non-deluded men bitching about lost money, houses, cars and dreams all over the TV forum are a testament to that.

EDIT: Furthermore, I don't remember saying that those engaged in purely physical relationships are losers nor that those types of relationships require things in common. My assertions apply to those who seem to confuse the physical aspects with genuine affection and distribute their wealth accordingly.

There seems to be confusion in the ranks of the you-ain't-like-me brigade as to whether older men are in relationships with younger women mainly for sex or whether they can hardly manage it. That's probably another indication that the brigade members are spouting assumptions and generalisations.

It's no surprise that older men living in this country will extol the virtues of dishing out readies in order to secure the attention and affection of a younger woman but be aware of the fact that there are millions of older men who haven't rocked up here looking for young, cheap tail who would essentially call you losers.

And you aren't an old loser because?

(45, no relationship, no family, no children according to your previous posts)

Oh, I openly admit to being an old loser as I'm the same but 10 years older.

(I really hope you aren't going to argue that 45 isn't old?)

I'm not getting at you HS, I just really want to understand how you can judge yourself a winner and the rest of us losers?

As far as I can you really aren't different to those you rant against.

laugh.png

Absolutely not.

I've made lifestyle choices that I am very happy with as far as wives and kids are concerned, thanks.

I am completely different to those I refer to here. Sure, I'm 45 but I take good care of myself and look considerably younger than I am.

I'm not in the position where I'd even think about financially compensating a younger woman to consort with me. The very thought of that makes me cringe. Not, you understand because I give a monkey's what others think but because I'd care what I think.

You may have seen the couple of images of my "main squeeze" I've posted in the past. She's a highly attractive 37 year old, I don't pay her a stipend, I haven't bought her a house or a car but we still enjoy each other's company immensely. When - not if - the relationship crashes, I've got more than enough game to replace her but it'll be a cold day in hell when I hook up with any woman under 30.

Why?

Because I don't see what I'd have in common with a woman that young unlike the fools in this thread deluding themselves. Sure, there's nothing wrong with delusions but for crying out loud, don't dress it up as something it ain't.

I'm not surprised,at that age she'll probably qualify for a free bus pass over here soon!Maybe you need a mother-like figure in your life,you do seem a bit insecure!

As for me,give me the young 'uns any day!I much prefer the twentysomethings that are like a breath of fresh air,not jaded or bitter by previous relationships and energetic where it matters!

• Like 1

It's no surprise that older men living in this country will extol the virtues of dishing out readies in order to secure the attention and affection of a younger woman but be aware of the fact that there are millions of older men who haven't rocked up here looking for young, cheap tail who would essentially call you losers.

I'm not getting at you HS, I just really want to understand how you can judge yourself a winner and the rest of us losers?

laugh.png

Absolutely not.

I've made lifestyle choices that I am very happy with as far as wives and kids are concerned, thanks.

I am completely different to those I refer to here. Sure, I'm 45 but I take good care of myself and look considerably younger than I am.

I'm not in the position where I'd even think about financially compensating a younger woman to consort with me. The very thought of that makes me cringe. Not, you understand because I give a monkey's what others think but because I'd care what I think.

You may have seen the couple of images of my "main squeeze" I've posted in the past. She's a highly attractive 37 year old, I don't pay her a stipend, I haven't bought her a house or a car but we still enjoy each other's company immensely. When - not if - the relationship crashes, I've got more than enough game to replace her but it'll be a cold day in hell when I hook up with any woman under 30.

Why?

Because I don't see what I'd have in common with a woman that young unlike the fools in this thread deluding themselves. Sure, there's nothing wrong with delusions but for crying out loud, don't dress it up as something it ain't.

I'm not surprised,at that age she'll probably qualify for a free bus pass over here soon!Maybe you need a mother-like figure in your life,you do seem a bit insecure!

As for me,give me the young 'uns any day!I much prefer the twentysomethings that are like a breath of fresh air,not jaded or bitter by previous relationships and energetic where it matters!

The twenty somethings usually have little between their ears, are subservient to the point of being cringe-worthy and have little life experience to add value to your life.

I can see why they would appeal to you though.

I occasionally rent one just to make sure my judgement isn't flawed.

• Like 1

laugh.png

Absolutely not.

Why?

The twenty somethings usually have little between their ears, are subservient to the point of being cringe-worthy and have little life experience to add value to your life.

Yep,it's called a sense of fun,something I'd bet my bottom dollar you know nothing of whatsoever!rolleyes.gif

thats me just got to scotland for my work,

i thought i asked you boys to place nice,

im going to say this one more time,

what does it matter to anyone who is doing who,how many times and how old they are????????

why cant people just get along,

if your happy living life your way great, im happy for you,

everyone isnt going to live there life the same way,

people dont like the same food,

people dont like the same beer,

people dont like the same cigerets,

so please tell me why they would all like the same women or men,???why

why do some come on here and have, yes have to pull people down for who they have chosen to live with,?

or worse still how they spend THERE money??

please please just live your own life, win or lose live your life,

life is a gamble, choises we make,

at the end of the day everyone wants to be happy,

jake

• Like 1

laugh.png

Absolutely not.

Why?

Of course you know reality is different...

"I'm not in the position where I'd even think about financially compensating a younger woman to consort with me. The very thought of that makes me cringe. Not, you understand because I give a monkey's what others think but because I'd care what I think."

Everyone pays in one form or another.

Yep,it's called a sense of fun,something I'd bet my bottom dollar you know nothing of whatsoever!rolleyes.gif

Strange, i wasn't aware we had met, or that you knew me.

Maybe you simply run your life by imagination and perception - it is sometimes easier that way.

Maybe you simply run your life by imagination and perception - it is sometimes easier that way.

We haven't and you don't and I pray that stays the same!

So why assume the reverse,or don't you realise what you're posting?If you can't take it back don't give it out in the first place,then take your ball home and sulk!rolleyes.gif

My life isn't so boring to be concerned or care about what others do with their lives.

Nor is mine and it does get tedious arguing with everyone on here sometimes!Then again I suppose sometimes it's rather therapeutic!

• Like 1

We haven't and you don't and I pray that stays the same!

So why assume the reverse,or don't you realise what you're posting?If you can't take it back don't give it out in the first place,then take your ball home and sulk!rolleyes.gif

coffee1.gif

What do they mean in Thai?

He knows too much, he's too clever. As in he knows the going rates, knows all the scams already.

As opposed to newbies fresh off the plane without a clue, easier to get bigger bucks from for less work.

-

-

I don't remember saying that those engaged in purely physical relationships are losers nor that those types of relationships require things in common. My assertions apply to those who seem to confuse the physical aspects with genuine affection and distribute their wealth accordingly.

-

Sure sounded like you were saying stuff like "anyone who pays for it must be a loser".

If I "pay for it" and don't get fooled, make sure I get good value for my money, if the fact that I'm old and bald and fat and don't have enough money to attract a youngster back home, and no way in heck would consider having sex with a women within thirty years of my age, does that automatically make me a loser in your eyes?

If yes, then you're being way judgmental and let people be as they are until they start actually harming others. IMO

Everyone pays in one form or another.

There goes the neighbourhood.

Still, it did take16 pages for someone to trot out the time-honored refrain of the lovelorn clod without a clue as to what makes women - Thai or otherwise - tick.

Y'know, I wouldn't mind being described as insecure were it by anyone other than the forum clown who spends his days marauding through the various threads trying to convince everyone he's got it soooo bloody right.

Try getting a life, mate.

Failing that, a personality.