S & P Using Disabled Parking

Saan

Not a good look for S & P when one of their staff parks her car outside Rimping Nawarat in the disabled zone. The young lady, a trainee wearing her S & P apron, didn't blink an eyelid when it was pointed out to her the parking space was reserved for a disabled person.

Just had lunch at S&P at Rimping Rumchok, 500 bht for 3 measly meals, automatic 10% tip added (no employee in dining room at lunch time) and the wifi sign on door turns out to be a 40 bht charge to use. The food cost could not be more than 10% so they are making a killing for microwaving food so I'm sure they can afford company cars for all trainees. (ok I now better than to go to a place like that but kids were hungry etc., but maybe I just needed a reminder of how bad these places are and wonder again why the local eating public supports such rip offs)

• Like 1

Its usually HiSos in their big cars that park in the handicapped space at

the rear of Rim Ping Supermarket, no shame,don't even try to limp away

from their car, sometimes you wonder what is wrong with people,they

don t care about anything but themselves, if only karma worked.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

Just had lunch at S&P at Rimping Rumchok, 500 bht for 3 measly meals, automatic 10% tip added (no employee in dining room at lunch time) and the wifi sign on door turns out to be a 40 bht charge to use. The food cost could not be more than 10% so they are making a killing for microwaving food so I'm sure they can afford company cars for all trainees. (ok I now better than to go to a place like that but kids were hungry etc., but maybe I just needed a reminder of how bad these places are and wonder again why the local eating public supports such rip offs)

I never eat in S&P just for the fact they automatic add percentages for tip and tax. The only place I know. How do they get away with it? It would seem not competitive with other shops.

• Like 1

Its a woman thing: car parking; she wouldnt have got the car in a standard space. Women are actually like parking spaces, normally all the good ones are taken.So, occasionally, when no one"s looking, you have to stick it in a disabled one w00t.gif

• Like 2

I thought RimPing was at MeeChok Plaza

http://www.meechokplaza.com/location.php

RuamChok is the next entrance up the road

If you go the extra 100m to RuamChok, MeeMees does some tasty Burmese food at a very good price.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Thailand wide attitude.

UK wide attitude too. My son is disabled and we have to park in the reserved spaces where possible. I've had many "discussions" in the UK but leave to my wife here.

Strangely it seems often the usual cuprits in both countries - women out shopping in between the school runs, brains on neutral; or pompus pricks who think they're poo yais or so important that they can park anywhere.

In both countries I've had people rush into the disabled space to beat us in, and then sheep off when they see our wheel chair. Some of the supermarkets and malls in the UK started to clamp unauthorised cars in reserved spaces.

The lack of consideration and selfish attitude is apalling. These morons have no idea of the challenges disabled people face, and what's more they couldn't care less.

Sorry, rant over!

• Like 1

Are you disabled and does it affect you directly ? If not why not leave it to Thais to actually deal with those kind of matters or move to Pattaya and apply as a foreign tourist police volunteer :P

Got to admit I have seen a lot of it in the part of Canada I was in.

I think part of it is a generational thing. Kids now I day's to me seem to have less respect.

True enough Dolly, but this is not to do with respect, its to do with attitude and lazyness. The UK isn,t backward when it comes to disabled provision in every public building, lifts, ramps, handrails, wcs, parking bays..................but even those at the top such as members of the Government cabinet have recently been lambasted for exactly the same lazyness when visiting McDees.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/george-osborne-caught-parking-disabled-1812613

Would be interested in Gonzos opinion on this thread and how he would react to it.

• Like 1

I think part of it is a generational thing. Kids now I day's to me seem to have less respect.

Possibly, but only for so long. A large blue handicap card must be displayed attached to the rearview mirror. No label... expect a hefty fine including an expensive haul-away.

So today you're from Canada, y'all.

What's with this casual alternate universe - Being American on one posting, Canadian the next. Another Canadian of convenience?

Is it to sneak into the American Embassy 4th July BBQ , 'howt dahgar'? Just wonderin', dude...wink.png

Maybe Rimping is reading TV? This morning when I walked in to the rear entrance of Rimping there was a brand new, quite large white sign that had been put up in front of the handicapped parking spot closest to the rear entrance that said something to the effect of "handicapped registered car parking only" in large red ink in both Thai and English.

Edited by elektrified
  • Like 2

Possibly, but only for so long. A large blue handicap card must be displayed attached to the rearview mirror. No label... expect a hefty fine including an expensive haul-away.

So today you're from Canada, y'all.

What's with this casual alternate universe - Being American on one posting, Canadian the next. Another Canadian of convenience?

Is it to sneak into the American Embassy 4th July BBQ , 'howt dahgar'? Just wonderin', dude...wink.png

Y'all is southern USA Georgia , Carolinas. Canada would be " EH"

Edited by market trader

True enough Dolly, but this is not to do with respect, its to do with attitude and lazyness. The UK isn,t backward when it comes to disabled provision in every public building, lifts, ramps, handrails, wcs, parking bays..................but even those at the top such as members of the Government cabinet have recently been lambasted for exactly the same lazyness when visiting McDees.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/george-osborne-caught-parking-disabled-1812613

Would be interested in Gonzos opinion on this thread and how he would react to it.

Violently , I am afraid........ especially as I just typed up a half page answer ...... went to review it and it disappeared into cyberspace.....my opinion later after more vitimans

G

After a hip operation in Australia a number of years ago I would stagger onto a tram with crutches and private school kids would remain seated and on seats designated for people with disabilities. But without fail if there was an Asian school kid on the tram he/she would bound up offering me their seat.

It is now days rare in Melbourne to see a disabled spot used by someone without a permit. The general public don't like it and the vehicle will pretty quickly end up with a parking fine.

I thought RimPing was at MeeChok Plaza

http://www.meechokplaza.com/location.php

RuamChok is the next entrance up the road

If you go the extra 100m to RuamChok, MeeMees does some tasty Burmese food at a very good price.

While I'm being addressed I thought I'd also share that I threw up after eating the meal (actually) and after reading this post (figuratively).

Oh and the American/Canadian issue, there is such thing as dual citizenship speaking from experience as I have both USA and Canadian.

Guess there's one too many know-it-alls here so I'm signing off for the night w00t.gif

Edited by junglechef

Are you disabled and does it affect you directly ? If not why not leave it to Thais to actually deal with those kind of matters or move to Pattaya and apply as a foreign tourist police volunteer tongue.png

Maybe one day it will affect you too. You will be glad of the few people who do the right thing then. Please continue to ride without a helmet.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 2

Violently , I am afraid........ especially as I just typed up a half page answer ...... went to review it and it disappeared into cyberspace.....my opinion later after more vitimans

G

Do not worry Gonzo. Karma works....and maybe by then the person will be wanting more disabled bays.