1St Renewal Of Marriage Extension Of Stay

My 1 year extension of stay on the basis of marriagewill expire in July. I needed a lot of paperwork for the original application and ended up making 3 visits to the immigration office. Can anyone advise me if I will need to provide the same paperwork for the renewal of my extension or is it less onerous 2nd time around?

It should be the same paper work as the first time.

Basic normally are 2 copies of all the following:

Passport photo page, visa, entry stamp, extension of stay and TM6 departure card.

Marriage certificate and recent Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

Wife's ID and house book.

Photos of you and the wife in and around the house with one of them near or under house number.

Financial proof

If not living where your wife is registered in house book would require some proof of residency.

Edited by ubonjoe

^ Better come prepared and get a new and crispy KR 2, they only costs 20 THB or so.

If they (change their mind there and then and) ask for it and you don't have it, it will take you another couple of hours.

I always take more documents with me then they ask for anyway.

Edit :// Added link

Here a link to the post which describes which documents I needed last year

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/562523-list-of-docs-required-for-extension-of-stay-marriage-pattaya-jomtien/#entry5388897

Edited by MJCM

It should be the same paper work as the first time.

Basic normally are 2 copies of all the following:

Passport photo page, visa, entry stamp, extension of stay and TM6 departure card.

Marriage certificate and recent Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

Wife's ID and house book.

Photos of you and the wife in and around the house with one of them near or under house number.

Financial proof

If not living where your wife is registered in house book would require some proof of residency.

Why would one need a "recent Kor Ror 2" ? Does the registry expire after 1 year? Or might this be a way to check if you are divorced? That doesn't make sense if you go in for renewal with your wife. Edited by lopburi3
fix quote

I've just got back from Chaeng Wattana, and can confirm that you do not need to update the KR2. Mine is two years old, and it was fine. I asked the officer if it would need to be updated and she said, 'No, just use the original".

Photos do need to be updated every year.