Cebu Pacific To Launch Manila-Phuket Direct Service

webfact

Cebu Pacific to launch Manila-Phuket direct service
Alasdair Forbes

1369030431_1.jpg
Taking off in August: Cebu Pacific is the first airline to connect Manila with Phuket direct.

PHUKET: -- Cebu Pacific, a budget airline in the Philippines, will begin direct flights between Manila and Phuket on August 16, the first airline to link the Philippines with the island.

The service will take off three times a week from Manila, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, leaving at 8 pm and arriving at 11 pm. The return flights will be an hour later, at midnight, landing back in Manila at 5:05 am.

Cebu Pacific is offering a discounted base fare of 999 pesos (B724), before fees and taxes, for a one-way ticket from Manila to Phuket through its website until Thursday (May 23) for the travel period between August 16 and October 31.

The website is currently quoting a promotional Phuket-Manila-Phuket return fare of B1,598, but this comes lumbered with fees and taxes that almost quadruple the price to B6,045.

“Cebu Pacific is proud to make the island of Phuket accessible to even more travelers,” said CEB VP for Marketing and Distribution Candice Iyog. We encourage everyone to take advantage of CEB’s trademark lowest fares to this world-renowned tourist attraction.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/cebu-pacific-to-launch-manila-phuket-direct-service-39494.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-05-20

Awesome to see another direct flight destination come to the island as it gives more options for visa runs during promotion periods. I am definitely tired of these huge hidden fees that airlines love to do. Just tell us the cost! i.e. I hate seeing promotions where its 500thb to fly somewhere only to find out its nearing 2000thb with fees. Just tell us that its 2000thb... ugh... so annoying

But hooray for the manila destination! Would be nice to go and get a connecting flight to Boracay.

Awesome to see another direct flight destination come to the island as it gives more options for visa runs during promotion periods. I am definitely tired of these huge hidden fees that airlines love to do. Just tell us the cost! i.e. I hate seeing promotions where its 500thb to fly somewhere only to find out its nearing 2000thb with fees. Just tell us that its 2000thb... ugh... so annoying

But hooray for the manila destination! Would be nice to go and get a connecting flight to Boracay.

They do that because they don't want you to think their airline is charging 2000 baht when in actual fact, the airline is charging you 500 baht and the other 1500 baht is tax, fuel surcharge, exit tax etc etc. The tax can change at anytime, through Government legisltion, but the airline has not changed the cost of their flight.

Basically, it's to show you just how much air travelers, everywhere in the world, are getting ripped by their various Governments. That said, some Governments are giving subsidies to airlines for tourism purposes.

I understand what you are saying. I's a pain to have to go through all the steps of a potential booking, just to reveal the real price, but I believe this is why they do it.