Poste Restante In Bangkok

notnaff

Hi

I am currently in Camobodia but will be in Bangkok for 3-4 days in about 4 weeks. I want to have a small package (less than 1kg) sent out from the UK to Bangkok. Is this the correct address for the Main Post Office

Charoen Krung Road, Bang Rak, Central Bangkok (CBD), Bangkok, 10500

Has anyone any experience with the Poste Restante Services in Bangkok. Any recommendations?

Thanks

From Fodors's site:

If you need to receive mail in Bangkok, have it sent to you "poste restante" at the following address: Poste Restante, General Post Office, Bangkok, Thailand. There's a small charge for each piece collected. Thais write their last name first, so be sure to have your last name written in capital letters and underlined.

From Fodors's site:

If you need to receive mail in Bangkok, have it sent to you "poste restante" at the following address: Poste Restante, General Post Office, Bangkok, Thailand. There's a small charge for each piece collected. Thais write their last name first, so be sure to have your last name written in capital letters and underlined.

yes, Im sure you will get your package if posted to the above address.........NOT

When I have been past the General PO building recently on Charoenkrung road it has been under total renovation i;e; big screens blocking the view from the road. Doesn't look like its open to the public.

Better double check to see if where the GP really is.

Why do people here have to assume the worst? Life isn't always THAT complicated here, postal services have been around long enough for even the Thais to get it right most of the time whistling.gif

Yes that address will work, as of course will the one in the OP, same thing. You can always Poste Restante to a specific smaller post office if you like, but this is the main one recommended for travelers that don't know their way around.

Even if a given entrance/section/building is closed, there will be an indication of where they are continuing to do business, many postal service buildings in that area.