Rental Agreement

I intend to rent a furnished house.

Commonsense says that I should have a contract.

This should include an inventory of the contents?

The offer is that I pay 3 months rent in advance and no deposit for a one year agreement.

Any suggestions on the type of contract needed for my protection and for use in a retirement visa application.

In a year or so I intend to rent an unfurnished house on a longer term contract. I want to bring my furniture from the UK and other possessions from the Uk,so the contract and agreement need to be watertight. Anyone got experience of bringing a small container by sea from the UK?

I know that buying a house or land in my wife/GF name is possible but with all the problems of ownersip it seems renting and keeping it simple IS preferred. Any comments?

I intend to rent a furnished house.

Commonsense says that I should have a contract.

This should include an inventory of the contents?

The offer is that I pay 3 months rent in advance and no deposit for a one year agreement.

Any suggestions on the type of contract needed for my protection and for use in a retirement visa application.

In a year or so I intend to rent an unfurnished house on a longer term contract. I want to bring my furniture from the UK and other possessions from the Uk,so the contract and agreement need to be watertight. Anyone got experience of bringing a small container by sea from the UK?

I know that buying a house or land in my wife/GF name is possible but with all the problems of ownersip it seems renting and keeping it simple IS preferred. Any comments?

Basic, simple rental agreement stating terms and conditions you both agree to. The lessor will provide. You mention a longer term contract. You are unlikely to get a contract of more than 3 years as they are then registered at Land Office and become public record.

Re. getting your stuff over here, forget it. The Thai customs are probably the most corrupt officials in the world, they will get you for a lot of money before letting you get your stuff in. Until you pay up they will leave your stuff to rot up in the container. Search this forum, it has been discussed often before.

Re. getting your stuff over here, forget it. The Thai customs are probably the most corrupt officials in the world, they will get you for a lot of money before letting you get your stuff in. Until you pay up they will leave your stuff to rot up in the container. Search this forum, it has been discussed often before.

I've been doing some research and I reply but it might have been better to start a new thread.

"East West" Shipping

To bring a 20ft container from UK

Ocean freight $500

Baf $270

Caf 5.2% of the Ocean Freight

THC £69

Docks £39.99

Haulage (from my home) £285

This includes all transportation from my home in UK up to Bangkok (or Laem Chabang) port

For the duty estimate and packing charges they would need to see a detailed list of contents

I wanted to bring my furniture,electrics, files,books,pictures and small garden equipment. I could fill a small container and it would be all second hand but quality stuff.Whats more its what I want around me.

I understand what you say though. Its the customs and port handling agents. However I have this high ranking army official friend who will help. You have to meet corruption head on by pulling rank.