One Page Left In My Passport

I have dual citizenship and I have just one page left in one of my 2 passports which contains my visa for Thailand ( and this passport also expires in six months.)

I just need to exit, Thailand and re-enter for about 8 days (on a 15 day walk in stamp ). I will then fly out and do a switch over to my second passport for which I'm also going to use to apply for an O visa.

My question. is when you do a walk-in and get 15 days, do you just get a small stamp to enter and another when you leave? If that is the case my one remaining page will be enough.

If you walk in/out of Cambodia its not the Thai out/in stamps you need to worry about, its the 1 page Cambo visa they'll want to stick in your passport.

No I'm going to Laos first and I already have that visa sticker in my passport, which I just got from the embassy in Bangkok.

Ah, but if you get the Cambodian eVisa, then only the Thai & Cambo arrival and departure stamps, right?

No eVisa for Laos, unfortunately, just the full page visa sticker, then the four in & out stamps.

Mac

yes I have already got my e visa for Cambodia in the other passport ready for my flight out Edited by Asiantravel

As said, it is:

Thailand out

other country in

other country out

Thailand in

Thailand out

That is 5 stamps and 1 page might not be enough, also depending on which other country you will use.

Mario that's exactly what I wanted to hear - thanks :- )

Actually I do have a couple of miscellaneous spaces here and there , which will be enough for just a few small stamps

I went to Cambodia a month ago on my first visa run in 5 years. My passport was nearly full, with only a couple pages left. The Thai official said, "You need new passport next time. No room." She stamped me out of Thailand.

I walked to the Cambodian immigration, and the official said, "Oh! Your passport is full!" He then put the new visa sticker over an existing 5 year-old Cambodian sticker in the middle of my passport.

-Asiantravel-

I had also once, a very limited space in Passport problem. I wanted to get a temporary Passport, but the Official in my Consular section in BKK, gave me a

sheet of paper instead, which stated, that the Embassy allows the usage of the unused 4 pages in my Passport, after the Official part.

thumbsup.gif

It could result in a very long jail term (10 years or more) - for US passport holders it is clearly stated as important information and suspect most other countries have such notice. The result could be subject to Title 18 USC section 1543

Whoever falsely makes, forges, counterfeits, mutilates, or alters any passport or instrument purporting to be a passport, with intent that the same may be used; or
Whoever willfully and knowingly uses, or attempts to use, or furnishes to another for use any such false, forged, counterfeited, mutilated, or altered passport or instrument purporting to be a passport, or any passport validly issued which has become void by the occurrence of any condition therein prescribed invalidating the same—
Shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 25 years (if the offense was committed to facilitate an act of international terrorism (as defined in section 2331 of this title)), 20 years (if the offense was committed to facilitate a drug trafficking crime (as defined in section 929 (a) of this title)), 10 years (in the case of the first or second such offense, if the offense was not committed to facilitate such an act of international terrorism or a drug trafficking crime), or 15 years (in the case of any other offense), or both.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1543

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

Mario put my mind at rest, way back in post number four. I have more than enough room now to achieve what I want when I take into account two or three miscellaneous spots in other parts of the passport as well my last clear full page.

Edited by Asiantravel

For countries that uses a full page stickers, you can usually remove them.  Indonesia, Vietnam, India.  I found the ones from Indonesia comes off the easiest ;-)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Most sticker visas are stamped over the stickers edge deliberately, be careful tampering with a passport is serious business.. Although I have removed chinese visas as they are not stamped that way and do peel off easy.

It could result in a very long jail term (10 years or more) - for US passport holders it is clearly stated as important information and suspect most other countries have such notice. The result could be subject to Title 18 USC section 1543

Whoever falsely makes, forges, counterfeits, mutilates, or alters any passport or instrument purporting to be a passport, with intent that the same may be used; or
Whoever willfully and knowingly uses, or attempts to use, or furnishes to another for use any such false, forged, counterfeited, mutilated, or altered passport or instrument purporting to be a passport, or any passport validly issued which has become void by the occurrence of any condition therein prescribed invalidating the same—
Shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 25 years (if the offense was committed to facilitate an act of international terrorism (as defined in section 2331 of this title)), 20 years (if the offense was committed to facilitate a drug trafficking crime (as defined in section 929 (a) of this title)), 10 years (in the case of the first or second such offense, if the offense was not committed to facilitate such an act of international terrorism or a drug trafficking crime), or 15 years (in the case of any other offense), or both.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1543

The way I read this this, it pertains to the passport itself not a 3rd countries visa affixed to the passport.

I have had a similar situation to Kimagure with Cambodian visas. For a period I had business in Poipet and needed to make frequent short trips there. Not wanting my passport to fill up or look like it belonged to a child molester, I had my staff ask Cambodian immigration to place the new visas on top of old ones which they happily did. I guess they could equally have removed the old ones. Could I be blamed for that? By who?

My reading is the only change you are allowed to make in a US passport is the personal data information. Only authorized governments/officials are allowed to affix/alter pages.contents other than the personal date information area.

• 3 weeks later...

Do You think TamRuad(police) Lao would do this for me? I have 1 full page left and many places to stamp. Thanks to great and wonderful border officials at the borders. Because of this is why I am asking. I hear about Indonesia & Cambodia placing visa stickers on top of older stickers. Though I can also speak the language which makes me think if that makes me a Target for Haters. I need a new PP but I have to wait too long. Also, does anyone know if I go to the Embassy of USA how fast I can get a new passport?

Why on earth would you even put yourself in this situation?

(1) Renew passports before you risk running out of pages.

(2) Renew passports before you run the risk of travelling with less than six months on them.

Many British embassies will give you a second passport if you can justify you need it for work or you travel a lot.

It's not rocket science.

Do You think TamRuad(police) Lao would do this for me? I have 1 full page left and many places to stamp. Thanks to great and wonderful border officials at the borders. Because of this is why I am asking. I hear about Indonesia & Cambodia placing visa stickers on top of older stickers. Though I can also speak the language which makes me think if that makes me a Target for Haters. I need a new PP but I have to wait too long. Also, does anyone know if I go to the Embassy of USA how fast I can get a new passport?

Repeating post just before this one. If your passport is is still valid for a while you can get pages added to your passport and it is normally done in a an hour or less. Info here: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/extra_visa_pages.htmlhttp://bangkok.usembassy.gov/extra_visa_pages.html

Why on earth would you even put yourself in this situation?

(1) Renew passports before you risk running out of pages.

(2) Renew passports before you run the risk of travelling with less than six months on them.

Many British embassies will give you a second passport if you can justify you need it for work or you travel a lot.

It's not rocket science.

It is pretty simple. I would rather not fake my credentials to be legal. Also, I am a young man and an old one with petition to live off. Again, I don't have money to blow on PP I mean PPs are great but I think a roof over my thumbsup.gif head is better. It was not suppose to get to this point. Getting a job was suppose to solve the problem. And Now it is only putting me further backwards. Payday is not until next weeks then I can get a new passport. If I did not forget to say there is a Strangehit-the-fan.gifEvent called "LIFE" Which tends to not always go your way

Repeating post just before this one. If your passport is is still valid for a while you can get pages added to your passport and it is normally done in a an hour or less. Info here: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/extra_visa_pages.htmlhttp://bangkok.usembassy.gov/extra_visa_pages.html

Thank You UbonJoe it looks like I am going to have to do this it seems. I hear about placing new stickers on old stickers which would be great but my last time to Laos the police stamped on a empty page when I had plenty of space on two other pages. Also, in thai laguage I asked if they would stamp on a certain page. So these are all reasons for me asking since I can speak the language of Thailand and Laos. To see if the same can be done here as in other countries. I would like to not have to spend unneeded money on crap like this, Having a Paycheck is suppose to cure this.

If you want to "maximize", go to Cuba, they wont touch your US passport - in or out smile.png

I bent over and paid the mentioned 82 dolla for more pages. That was the worst 82 dolla I eva spent. To this day, I have a bad taste in my mouth about that. Shouldn't there be a different rate for people that can prove they are on a Thai salary??! I hope OP can get out without any extra pages, and chalk one up for the good guys, vs the greedy governmental agencies that soak you for doing next to nothing.

Edited by utalkin2me