Walen School - Teacher Training + One Year Thai Work Permit, 49,960 Baht

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's sounds like it makes sense but who knows at this stage. Maybe I should go out and get a franchise license for one of the language schools like Walen, I could even open up using the Thai American Amnity Treaty (spelling) so I didn't have to cut in any Thai business partner. Seems like a good business model and yes I expect to be flamed here for this remark BUT in the end if it makes money and provides a service that people are willing to pay for great, no harm done, no fowl play just money in the bank like KFC and Burger King. smile.png

I will just make sure I don't advertise on TV hahahahaha....

Edited by commande

That's sounds like it makes sense but who knows at this stage.  Maybe I should go out and get a franchise license for one of the language schools like Walen, I could even open up using the Thai American Amnity Treaty (spelling) so I didn't have to cut in any Thai business partner.  Seems like a good business model and yes I expect to be flamed here for this remark BUT in the end if it makes money and provides a service that people are willing to pay for great, no harm done, no fowl play just money in the bank like KFC and Burger King. Posted Image

Cool. Then I could come and work for you and you could give me an upfront bonus of a barely used Cbr500 ( I would repaint it myself) :D:D:D

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 1

That's sounds like it makes sense but who knows at this stage. Maybe I should go out and get a franchise license for one of the language schools like Walen, I could even open up using the Thai American Amnity Treaty (spelling) so I didn't have to cut in any Thai business partner. Seems like a good business model and yes I expect to be flamed here for this remark BUT in the end if it makes money and provides a service that people are willing to pay for great, no harm done, no fowl play just money in the bank like KFC and Burger King. smile.png

Cool. Then I could come and work for you and you could give me an upfront bonus of a barely used Cbr500 ( I would repaint it myself) biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

HAHAHAHA - yea if I owned a business in Thailand making millions of baht as was proclaimed by the OP I wouldn't leave back the USA for work smile.png.... I am not so lucky or of the age of retirement to receive a check from the government yet - that's another 22 years away for me smile.png... I'll keep your bonus suggestion in mind but you probably wont want the bike 22 years from now LOL...

Edited by commande

I hear that more and more posters now become start to believe that it is actually possible and that there is nothing dodgy about it. Very interesting. It was the same with ED visas, first it was scam and I was the biggest scammer and now tens of thousands of foreigners are in Thailand using the visa category that Walen School discovered and that prior to us promoting it was very rarely used.

Edited by MacWalen

I stopped reading this thread after post #78.

McWalen has found a way to solve one of his problems: A lack of teachers due to rapidly expanding business AND he found a way to "help" longstayers to stay legally.

Works both ways.

I do have some questions and I really hope for "to-the-point" answers:

1. For approx. THB 50,000 you'll get a ALS teacher training of 120 hours and a one-year work permit. Who will be the employer on the work-permit?

2. Does the holder of the work-permit actually have to teach at Walen? If not, where will he be teaching/working?

3. Who is going to pay the income tax?

4. Will the holder of the WP also be entitled to join the Thai social security system?

Just some questions..........

lets hope he answers for once

Don't hold your breath, he is selling English teaching certifications like everyone else... There is no job or anything, you pay him money and like every other school attend until your training is complete then go your merry way. IF the school you took training at likes you and they want you to teach the program to others that may attend then they might, I say might hire you at a very low wage for a very limited time till they find a Thai to replace you that is even cheaper...

Edited by commande

MacWalen, on 23 May 2013 - 19:08, said:snapback.png

Atyclb, yes, students will learn faster. Guaranteed.

To make a valid statement like the above you'd need testing and analysis to establish a baseline, often expressed as a bell curve, to delineate learning speed for your pool of testees (not to be confused with testes)

Next you'd need to place them in the "learn faster guaranteed" program followed by more standardized testing designed to access whether learning was faster. Again you'd expect a bell curve that would show a range of students that learned faster, some slower, some above average.

If the school borrows a teaching style that has already been statistically shown to be valid in actually making students learn faster then simply use the preexisting data.

In the absence of the above a marketing statement like "students will learn faster. Guaranteed" opens up a can of worms.

"students will learn faster. Guaranteed"

I suspect if there was "evidence" it would have been produced.

Its the sort of statement which in the West would attract the attention of regulatory bodies resulting in fines and a requirement to remove the statement from advertisements -----

Unless valid scientific proof could be provided as to the truthfullness of the statement !

• Like 1

I hear that more and more posters now become start to believe that it is actually possible and that there is nothing dodgy about it. Very interesting. It was the same with ED visas, first it was scam and I was the biggest scammer and now tens of thousands of foreigners are in Thailand using the visa category that Walen School discovered and that prior to us promoting it was very rarely used.

It's not a scam (by which I mean ED visas) and as far as I know you are not a scammer (though you need to work on your snake oil sales patter)

However the system is quite clearly a breach of the spirit if not letter of the regulations.Not illegal therefore but trouble stored up for the future.

There are of course genuine language students but they are a small minority.Most are abusing Thailand's liberal visa regime.

A parallel abuse took place in evasion of foreign ownership laws.Many investors regret taking their lawyers advice now.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Update for our teacher training + work permit.

We have already customers in Bangkok who have benefited from our offer and all is as advertised. We will also have our first applicant this week in Chiang Mai.

Whoopeedoo.....but will you ever actually answer all the questions put to you in many previous posts or continue the typical unadulterated promotion of how such a wonderful company you are?. i guess not as you have avoided them up until now!!

If it is all so simple then why the avoidance of answers explaining things?

He stated it "I was the biggest scammer"..............boot this guy of this site as he only makes other farang look bad in Thailand. Total scumbag.

Eddy, if you ever needed Walen School's help let me know. We will give you first class service. I am not upset with you as you don't know what you are talking about. Thanks for joining the thread.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app