Woolwich Attack: ' Soldier Beheaded' By Ranting Fanatics On Busy London Street

webfact

If this attack had been the other way round, What do you think would be going on in places like Dewsbury and Batley and Bradford?

Your comment reminds me of this video. Muslims enforcing Sharia law on non muslims in East London!

• Like 2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a video, here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EROXP8JDG9M

He does not look Islamic to me and does seem to have a strong British accent.

Err, what do 'Islamic' people look like? Does having a British accent preclude someone from being Islamic? Certain sections of the media are really doing a fine job creating convenient sterotypes for us. Better to do a bit of research and inform yourself rather than rely on the scream of the media.

jbrain, if you say that you have heard the Muslim call to prayer from mosques in Bangkok I will believe you; I'll even believe yiou when you say that it drowned out music playing in your car even though your windows were closed!

Ever passed an English church when the bells have been ringing? Do you consider that provocative as well?

chickenslegs; an old Asian man on his way home from the mosque attacked from behind by a young white male; no provocation and the victim wasn't robbed. What do you consider the motive to be if not racist?

whistleblower, the vast majority of Muslims living in the Uk are happy to live by and abide by UK law. If they do use Sharia law it is, as already said, voluntarily as a form of mediation in civil matters only.

BTW, have you ever read the extraordinarily large number of posts on this forum from expats living in Thailand complaining about some aspect of Thai law or custom they don't like? Do you think they should all get out of Thailand?

In regards to your comment about expats............. I have constantly complained about laws/inaction of laws/corruption in Thailand and indeed been suspended numerous times here on Thai TV. But I've never hacked a thai to death in the middle of Bangkok!

• Like 2

BTW, have you ever read the extraordinarily large number of posts on this forum from expats living in Thailand complaining about some aspect of Thai law or custom they don't like? Do you think they should all get out of Thailand?

But have you ever read that expats were allowed to ignore those Thai laws and that the Thais or their government said, ok that's fine for us, you're from a different country so you can apply your own laws here ?

Edited by jbrain

Check a youtube for a video by Stacey Dooley Luton.

It shows ordinary Muslims.

7by7. I respect your opinions. But having read some on here. You and liberal wooly thinkers like you are partly responsible for what happened in Woolwich.

It's alright to have a diverse ethnic makeup BUT those same ethnic minorities / majorities need to adhere to British laws etc.

And if they do not or cannot then the UK should be able to rectify the situation either with imprisonment or ejection from the UK. Especially when it seems many do not want to be in the UK in the 1st place.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't think you will find anyone disagreeing with you on your points relating to ANYONE breaking the law in their new found country.

No one has said anything different.

thaicbr, so, according to you, holding and expressing the view that the vast majority of Muslims are as peaceful and law abiding as you or I makes me partly responsible for what happened in Woolwich yesterday! Tell me, why, in your view, does respecting freedom of religion and the right of people to live their lives the way they wish, within the law of course, encourage atrocious acts like that?

jbrain, ask any non Anglican who lives near a church with bells what they think; not just when they ring for services or weddings, but also the weekly practice; usually at night!

Yes, I have heard of Christian churches in many Muslim countries.

Any Muslim living in the UK who ignored or broke UK law would be, and is, treated the same way as anyone else.

Paangjang, those idiots were, rightly, condemned by Muslim leaders.

I repeat; no one is suggesting that Sharia law be imposed in the UK except a few extremists that not even Muslims listen to!

thaicbr, so, according to you, holding and expressing the view that the vast majority of Muslims are as peaceful and law abiding as you or I makes me partly responsible for what happened in Woolwich yesterday! Tell me, why, in your view, does respecting freedom of religion and the right of people to live their lives the way they wish, within the law of course, encourage atrocious acts like that?

jbrain, ask any non Anglican who lives near a church with bells what they think; not just when they ring for services or weddings, but also the weekly practice; usually at night!

Any Muslim living in the UK who ignored or broke UK law would be, and is, treated the same way as anyone else.

I repeat; no one is suggesting that Sharia law be imposed in the UK except a few extremists that not even Muslims listen to!

You can repeat it as many times as you want but the evidence says otherwise.

The fact that the UK allows sharia law in the 1st place is a fop to political correctness.

I have NO problem with different religious and ethnic peoples living in the UK.

But when people state open hatred of the UK and its laws. Then the UK should have a quick and efficient means of containing it.

Do you agree that the more extreme clerics that allowed to spout their hatred to all things non Muslim then the more possibilities for this to happen again?

This wooly PC approach to Muslims has been going on to long. You say most Muslims disagree. I do not see the proof of that.

When the HOOK was still active in the UK I was unlucky enough to see one of his street meetings. It was all hatred against the UK and non believers. And had a wide age range of support. This is still going on today all over the UK at your every day mosques.

• Like 1

Someone mentioned Chamberlain; anyone who lived in Germany in the 1930's would recognise many of the posts here.

Same rhetoric; just a different target.

I am obviously banging my head against a wall of prejudice here. I'll leave this topic to the ignorant.

Do you honestly believe that the majority of the 'faith' will stand up for UK values of law.order and religious freedom against their 'brothers' when push comes to shove?

They will join the side that they think benefits them the most, and in my mind that puts them 100% on the side of the,you pick the word, extremists, terrorists etc etc.

UK is a christian country it is not an Islamic state.

As many people post about ' if you don't like Thailand then go home. The same applies to anyone of the 'faith'.

So sorry your Government is living in the middle ages and has no social conscience, in all honesty I don't give a big rats arse. Go back and demonstrate there and while you are there feel free to cut the head off anyone who disagrees with you.

Don't do it in UK

If you invite these people to live in your country, you have to expect this kind of thing.

It has been suggested that the perps are Somalis (or alternatively Nigerians); that wouldn't be surprising, because almost 2% of the Somali nation now lives in the UK, with 70,000 of them in London alone. Parts of South London have been turned into a little Mogadishu, with Somali gangs and Nigerian gangs fighting with knives and guns over drug territories.

So the UK Government cannot wring its hands and say "How terrible" because it is the Government that has created the conditions which made this sickening incident inevitable. Nor would the Government be guiltless if some British version of Anders Breivik were to surface and start to take measures into his own hands.

Excellent post.

And what you have stated are some of the many reasons why I decided to get my family and I out of the UK without ever considering the United States as an option.

Since making the decision to live permanently in Thailand, not one member of my family or friends has ever told me, I made the wrong move, all have said, I done the right thing in getting out.

The rivers of blood speech by Enoch Powell springs to mind. Perhaps the guy was not as crazy as the do gooders tried to make out?

• Like 1

Lest we forget what started this topic;

Woolwich attack: Lee Rigby named as victim

The soldier killed in an attack on a London street has been named as Drummer Lee Rigby of the 2nd Battalion the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers.

Drummer Rigby, 25, from Manchester, leaves behind a two-year-old son.

Yes, lest we forget.

The vile evil scum that committed this crime need to be removed from society, the vile evil scum that promoted this crime need to be removed from the UK.

Obviously in a as nice a way possible, so that the other vile evil scum think twice about moving there.

And all the relatives or known accomplices who said nothing when they knew about this episode should also be removed, in a as nice a way as possible.

I live in Malaysia, a very nice place and the people are absolutely lovely. I do prefer the company of the Malay muslims to the Indian and Chinese here.

Just a question. Has it become the norm for every assault to now be labelled a terrorist attack? Just seems to me that any assault or murder to do with race or religion these days is a terrorist attack instead of just saying some mentally retarded morons murdered and innocent person.

The language of using the word 'terrorist' in this instance seems to be begging for reprisals and inflammation. That's just my 2 satang worth anyway.

PS: No I don't think they should be shot, hanged, executed etc. I would prefer they were tied to a pole in Hyde Park and let the locals throw rocks at them for a few days then set them on fire.

Just a thought. You live in Malaysia, a predominantly Muslim country. There they have there own laws, rules and regulations. Hence a Muslim country with Muslim laws. Nothing wrong with that. I think what pisses people off is that Muslims are infiltrating other peoples countries, challenging their beliefs and way of life. In other words, if you are happy with the Muslim way, stay in a muslim country. Don't come to other peoples country and try to enact muslim laws. That way of course you will incite racism.

I also like your idea of punishment for those guys........ Stoning!!!! well done!!!!!!!!!

I agree, Muslim country Muslim laws, English country, English laws. I also don't think mslim women should be able to where a face niqab, or Hindu men not where in helmets when riding a motorcycle because they have to where there head cover and I think western women should cover there hair when they go to islamic countries.

O. The knote of Muslims disturbing other cultured, I don't think it's right, just like I don't think it's right that Christians disturb other cultures. The reason why most of the problem (and I am not exusing any of it) is because they don't want western governments interfering with there countries politics and they are only there because Islamic countries have oil, one day it will run out and all the problem will stop. Every one should respect the cultures as they are and let the people and governments be.

• Like 1

I live in Malaysia, a very nice place and the people are absolutely lovely. I do prefer the company of the Malay muslims to the Indian and Chinese here.

Just a question. Has it become the norm for every assault to now be labelled a terrorist attack? Just seems to me that any assault or murder to do with race or religion these days is a terrorist attack instead of just saying some mentally retarded morons murdered and innocent person.

The language of using the word 'terrorist' in this instance seems to be begging for reprisals and inflammation. That's just my 2 satang worth anyway.

PS: No I don't think they should be shot, hanged, executed etc. I would prefer they were tied to a pole in Hyde Park and let the locals throw rocks at them for a few days then set them on fire.

Just a thought. You live in Malaysia, a predominantly Muslim country. There they have there own laws, rules and regulations. Hence a Muslim country with Muslim laws. Nothing wrong with that. I think what pisses people off is that Muslims are infiltrating other peoples countries, challenging their beliefs and way of life. In other words, if you are happy with the Muslim way, stay in a muslim country. Don't come to other peoples country and try to enact muslim laws. That way of course you will incite racism.

I also like your idea of punishment for those guys........ Stoning!!!! well done!!!!!!!!!

I agree, Muslim country Muslim laws, English country, English laws. I also don't think mslim women should be able to where a face niqab, or Hindu men not where in helmets when riding a motorcycle because they have to where there head cover and I think western women should cover there hair when they go to islamic countries.

O. The knote of Muslims disturbing other cultured, I don't think it's right, just like I don't think it's right that Christians disturb other cultures. The reason why most of the problem (and I am not exusing any of it) is because they don't want western governments interfering with there countries politics and they are only there because Islamic countries have oil, one day it will run out and all the problem will stop. Every one should respect the cultures as they are and let the people and governments be.

Great idea, so it follows that muslim men should shave and wear 3 piece suits in UK and all muslim women should wear mini-skirts and silk blouses with no bra underneath.

Get your head out of 1650 AD

thaicbr, so, according to you, holding and expressing the view that the vast majority of Muslims are as peaceful and law abiding as you or I makes me partly responsible for what happened in Woolwich yesterday! Tell me, why, in your view, does respecting freedom of religion and the right of people to live their lives the way they wish, within the law of course, encourage atrocious acts like that?

I repeat; no one is suggesting that Sharia law be imposed in the UK except a few extremists that not even Muslims listen to!

You can repeat it as many times as you want but the evidence says otherwise.

The fact that the UK allows sharia law in the 1st place is a fop to political correctness.

What about the Beth Din courts? They've been running in the UK for over 300 years.

• Like 1

It's actually Sikhs that don't have to wear motorcycle helmets not Hindus. Still, let's not let the facts get in the way...

I live in Malaysia, a very nice place and the people are absolutely lovely.  I do prefer the company of the Malay muslims to the Indian and Chinese here.

Just a question.  Has it become the norm for every assault to now be labelled a terrorist attack?  Just seems to me that any assault or murder to do with race or religion these days is a terrorist attack instead of just saying some mentally retarded morons murdered and innocent person.

The language of using the word 'terrorist' in this instance seems to be begging for reprisals and inflammation.  That's just my 2 satang worth anyway.

PS:  No I don't think they should be shot, hanged, executed etc.  I would prefer they were tied to a pole in Hyde Park and let the locals throw rocks at them for a few days then set them on fire.

Just a thought.  You live in Malaysia, a predominantly Muslim country.  There they have there own laws, rules and regulations.  Hence a Muslim country with Muslim laws.  Nothing wrong with that.  I think what pisses people off is that Muslims are infiltrating other peoples countries, challenging their beliefs and way of life.  In other words, if you are happy with the Muslim way, stay in a muslim country.  Don't come to other peoples country and try to enact muslim laws.  That way of course you will incite racism.

I also like your idea of punishment for those guys........   Stoning!!!!  well done!!!!!!!!!

Great idea, so it follows that muslim men should shave and wear 3 piece suits in UK and all muslim women should wear mini-skirts and silk blouses with no bra underneath. 

Get your head out of 1650 AD

Why would it follow .... do all men in the UK now wear 3 piece suits? Do all women wear mini skirts and silk blouses with no bra?

Offcourse they don't.

thaicbr said;

Bethdin courts ... no idea what you are talking about

The same as you have no idea about Sharia law in the UK!

Sharia law does not hold sway anywhere in the UK! It is used as a mediation court by those who wish to; it has absolutely no legal power!

To enlighten you: London Beth Din

Edited by 7by7
  • Like 1

The same as you have no idea about Sharia law in the UK!

Sharia law does not hold sway anywhere in the UK!

Umm you stated your self that they use Shari'a law in the UK. Which is it??

Bethdin courts ... no idea what you are talking about.

It's a Jewish court that settles the same sort of problems that a sharia court would settle in the UK. It has no jurisdiction over the criminal law and is purely voluntary. As I said they've been running in the UK for 300 years...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beth_din

Why would it follow .... do all men in the UK now wear 3 piece suits? Do all women wear mini skirts and silk blouses with no bra?

Offcourse they don't.

But they should make it law in my opinion biggrin.png

It's just not good enough for Muslim leaders to calmly disclaim the two Islamic Murdering Terrorists,where did they get their religeous teaching from in the first place?

and why has the teachings turned extremely dangerous and so very wrong? was there no room for teaching not to kill?