True Visions & Epl

Rob5060

I am temped to cancel True as I only really watch it mainly for the English premier League ,BBC, and CNN.The movie channels are complete rubbish,re runs of re runs.We just received a mailing from them to telling us what an exciting range of new programs they have coming,sorry not for us. Hopefully some other alternative may pop up before next season to watch the EPL in the meantime a wait and see. By the way if you do cancel it will take 2 months to get your deposit back and it will be in the form of a cheque which takes 3 days to clear at the bank.

Join the queue a lot of people already canceling ,even the lure of 100 Bht discount

and a extra few programs will not persuade them, the EPL was costing them a boat

load of money in the fees they paid, and they offer a 100bht discount,they must

think people are really stupid.

I hope all these people canceling get their deposits back,I never got mine.

regards Worgeordie

Check out the thread on the football forum. In a nutshell CTH have the rights from next season. I believe they have done a deal with TOT to use their fiber optic network to distribute their service. People have found their channels on Vinasat 2. This makes sense, as they also have rights for Cambodia and Laos. I imagine they will use satellite distribution also in Thailand for those that can't access via TOT. Probably a temporary measure, because they want to utilise their cable network for interactive services and home shopping.

I read today all 380 game + entertainment package will be 899 bht per mth including VAT. They have also done a deal with Fox to include 24 of their channels. Various movie channels, entertainment, as well as Fox sport news, the amazing Fox news and Sky news.

• Like 1

I phoned CTH yesterday and they said they would make an announcement mid June. I asked how we can receive if only have sattellite and the guy said should be no problem but couldn't tell me how so the TOT deal in earlier post sounds interesting

• 2 weeks later...

The other day my receiver was blocked. My wife called Bangkok and told then that she had paid the bill 3 days ago. She was told that now she has to pay at the beginning of the month and not the end, i.e. in advance. If she ran up the road to 711 and gave them another 2400 Baht they unblock the receiver ASAP: NFW. Has this happened to anyone else? What are the rules? Can't sem to find anything on internet.

Did we pay any deposit? It's years ago and can't remember. If so, we'll have to go to the office and cancel the membership, otherwise I'll just leave it.

Edited by jeffinchiangmai1

The other day my receiver was blocked. My wife called Bangkok and told then that she had paid the bill 3 days ago. She was told that now she has to pay at the beginning of the month and not the end, i.e. in advance. If she ran up the road to 711 and gave them another 2400 Baht they unblock the receiver ASAP: NFW. Has this happened to anyone else? What are the rules? Can't sem to find anything on internet.

Did we pay any deposit? It's years ago and can't remember. If so, we'll have to go to the office and cancel the membership, otherwise I'll just leave it.

Deposit is usually 2,000 baht which is refundable providing you return box and they pick up dish.You didn't keep original contract,not a good idea ???

Bill shows period covered (eg 01 may 2013-31 May2013) and the due date (eg 24 May 2013), should be able to work out what was actually paid.