Thai Police Arrest Suspected Italian Fraudster On Interpol Request

webfact

Good connections between Italy and Thailand.

Good model to ameliorate the connections between Dubai and Thailand.

No double standards please!

I may stand corrected but I think I am correct in saying that Thailand has never, going back to the days after the coup, ever requested an Interpol Red Notice for Thaksin which means he can travel to any country willing to let him in without fear of arrest and extradition.

And Dubai has no extradition agreement with Thailand.

Didn't stop them extraditing a Briton back to Dubai several months ago.

Funnily enough, they are slightly less keen to extradite Thais anywhere.

Anyone know what happened to the alleged killers of Melbourne man Luke Mitchell? Were the two Thai suspects extradited to Australia to face justice?

May be I was not clear enough. Thailand has extradition treaties with 14 countries including Australia, but not with Dubai. Dubai is not a member of the Interpol either. If a Briton is extradited to Dubai, he might have been in possession of a ticket to Dubai and a valid visa. Thailand can extradite anyone anytime. But it will be to the discretion of the one being extradited, where to go, if there is no treaty with the destination country. Finally this person must assure, that the destination country will grant him entry, otherwise he/she can only fly home.

Thailand as a member country of the Interpol could have had issued a red notice for Thaksin at Interpol. Then Thaksin would be still safe in Dubai, but not in any country, which is a member of the Interpol.

OMG!

I reckon I know this bloke.. for a few years i have know of an Italian in Chiang Mai who fits this bill PERFECTLY - except to say that he isnt as austentacious as perhaps someone with 10 mil in their bank may be.

He often said that he could only get money intermittently.. im guessing.. per month distributed to him from an Italian Account in figures insufficient as to cause alarm from transactions exceeding $10,000 (etc).

As an ex Government Fraud Investigator I let my gut feeling rule my judgements, and ive never been wrong. I first knew this bloke incidentally from renting at the same guesthouse, and did my best to avoid him as he found that my legitimacy gave him credibility.. much to my horror..!

You meet all kinds in Thailand.. some you just want to keep at arms length and say hi to sometimes in a fleeting capacity. He is in that category. Calls himself Giovanni..

The first time i talked with him, I remember he told me that the Italian Mafia had chased him out of Italy and taken over his bar, promising to spare his life if he stayed away, but they would send him enough money each month to survive.. sound sus straight up? haha i thinkkkkk soooooooooo

Late last year i bumped into him again, Chiang Mai is a small place, he had shacked up with a Thai woman and had a baby together (for visa/business purposes no doubt); And funnily enough a random conversation ensued where he admitted to me this time that he couldnt go back to Italy because he is wanted by the Italian Government for Tax evasion.. sound familiar..?

He was running a bar now in the old city Soi 2 I think opposite the water/road from Loi Kroh.. and to the left slightly.. about 150 metres down on the left.. a small bar, well furnished.. and runs a barbeque every afternoon and hassles everyone going by. He had commenced living upstairs with his girlfriend. He told me the last time i saw him before this, maybe early 2012, that he was opening a bar and he would never pay tax in Thailand (F*** the Thai Government.. F*** the Thai Police he would say.. hmmm keep this in mind...)

He's a grubby little sleazebag.. seriously.. just the kind i would expect to have sex with underage kids or traffic people.. and have more than a few dubious connections, it was clear that he was involving himself with people of the same mind.. dark shadows.. He would go to Mae Sai for a border crossing visa stamp run every fortnight.. to service his many women on the side along the way, and i wouldnt doubt.. try on paedophilia and whatever else over the border..

Call me crazy.. but the guesthouse that he previously stayed at for 3 years - where i met him first, was owned by a Thai Police Officer (LOL!!!) and his wife. I know the owners and they are very nice. But Mumbo Italiano told me that he had problems when he left, had trashed the room and refused to pay.. for clean up or for the huge electricity bill he had. Now.. remember.. Thai police officer is owner.. and now seriously off side.. stupid farang!!!

SO 1 + 3 = 27.. I reckon hes drawn the crabs.. they've had a good look into his past, and HEY PRESTO.. your on the INTERPOL WANTED List.. BYE BYE!!

Boy im gonna be keen to go by that bar when im back in a couple of months and see if its all closed up ;)

Might grab me some bargain black label bottles ;))