Who's Who At The Oz Embassy

The fast track method isnt always as fast as it seems...

You ring for the appointment and will get an interview date for something like 2-3 weeks later......you will need to provide the medical and police docs at the interview so this must be done first. The medical docs are sent to the Embassy so allow 2 weeks at least for that.

The clock starts when the Embassy receives the first docs....in the case mentioned the medical was done in October so thats when the clock starts for the entry date into Oz, Obviously the three months was more than enough time for the medical to be checked in Oz. The process time for this application is around 3 months

Obviously if the application is complete and comprehensive then it will process quicker, but if further docs are needed or there are some issues that need to be addressed then it will take longer to process.

People will say 24 hours, but that is not quite correct....the application starts from receipt of the first docs for the embassy......it starts for the applicant when they get the medical, police checks or ring for the interview. Usually well before the interview stage.

An example of this in practice.

Documents delivered (received) by DIAC at Aust Embassy 12/04/07

File number allocated by DIAC 17/04/2007. The 2 year temporary visa 309 period starts from this date. It is from this date that processing of the visa application begins.

DIAC may ask for you to get the medical certificate at a later date, this is valid for 12 months from date of issue and is sent directly to the Embassy the next day by the hospital. If DIAC requires more documentation they will ask for it.

Likewise police clearance certificates are only valid for 12 months from date of issue and they require the originals not photocopies or scanned copies.

The date the applicant obtains an interview with DIAC does not affect the date from when the visa is valid from. The 2 year period in this case does not start from the date the visa is actually issued.

• 7 months later...
I think a "Whos who at the Embassy" is a great idea....keeping up to date contacts at Immigration and the Embassy who can assist with application enquiries when the need arises for it, without having to trawl through piles of posts to find them.

If you want to do that Burnsy, I can close and pin it, people can PM me with new additions.

I realise some of these posts are years old - so..

After a few calls to the Australian Embassy I asked our case officer who she knew of at the Embassy from the names below:

1. Rob Chambers is no longer at the Embassy.

2. She does not know of Australian officials with the names

Ross Greenwood and Damien Kilner - but that doesn't mean they are no longer stationed there.

My approach to all staff during our application process for a " prospective Spouse" visa is to tread softly,

even if you are not treated with the respect you deserve.

It is better to be 'polite but firm', and deal with each situation as it arises, and keep watching this forum for some good - and timely- advice.

I know this was an old post, but WRT names remember you could always check the net to see if people may have moved on - Kilner appears to now be in Amman and Greenwood seems to have left Immigration and be working for an entirely different employer.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

As an ex AU goverment employee (but far from the services sector) I would like to offer my insight as a student of human behavior.

(non traditional) I agree strongly with one person here on this topic, sad to be an Australian seeing this rubbish. I used to believe Aussies would make great UN decisive decisions if empowered to do so... due to their unracist and mostly unbiased deposition, however these days that has changed, perhaps it is the younger generation being more selfish? Like, what is in it for me? As opposed to the war time spirit of a young nation with values... As I travel the world and meet many peoples, the view of others regarding Aussies has been great. So regardless of whether we talk of gov staff of Aussies in general I feel our young are changing and the outside worlds view of us is also changing.. and NOT for the better...

So all you up and coming officials and whatever.. don't make your grandfather turn over in his grave.. take onboard the morals and truthfulness he had and do him proud... and all of us who serve.. military or otherwise.. actually, you who serve in the service of your fellow kin, should feel the weight of service no less than those that died to give you today the freedom you have... Do not follow the modern greed and beururatism thinking it makes you better in a job you don't like... ask yourself, as a person in a goverment position, do you really feel good making problems for your kinsmen? This just brings up you are not happy in what you do...

I have much more to add to this, but grow tired... thanks to all in this great forum who take the time to share...

This is a great forum.. and can produce an effective result if we combine our needs... please share..

as for our AU officials, come on!! we are also people.. and most likely from your state..

Lastly, but true... Power to the people.... YOU Bless u guys contributing to this great forum...

• 6 years later...

I personally will never visit Thailand or ever go back to Australian embassy when I sponsored my thai partner to come to  Australia they were happy to take mysponsorship money without any further information about her personal background such as her debts from her country remember you are the one to carry that burden and all the thai people want from you is permenant residency through you at any cost, In Thailand you have no rights as a foreigner to own land etc only through thai people but in your country they can if they wish to scam you for yours always beware when sponsoring someone to your country at all costs otherwise you will be having a few headaches when she is here. when they pass there two year probation they start to forget you and move on to others as long as they get what they want a permenant visa

a