Advice On Last Minute Extension Of A Non-Imm O Marriage Visa

My Multiple Entry Non-Imm O Marriage Visa expired on 18th May 2013. My current 90 day stamp expires on 4th June 2013. Owing to some confusion, I believed my visa was valid for one year from the first date of entry to Thailand rather than the date of issue. Consequently I was intending to make one more border run and apply for an extension during the last 30 days of that final 90 day stay.

Is it possible to apply for an annual extension so close to the end of my 90 day stay? I've got all the necessary documentation and financials in place.

Yes. Go to immigration with all your documents and wife and fill out a TM 7 for extension based on Thai Wife. You be given a 30 extension while your application is under consideration and then return to immigration for the remaining part of the 1 year extension. As long as all your documents are in order all will go well.

• Like 1

If for some reason you don't have all of the documentation that they want, you can apply for a 60 day extension, married to a Thai, in order to get everything together. Still requires TM 7 form and 1900 baht.

You got a new visa in Australia not an extension of stay and have had to make border runs every 90 days.

A one year (no border runs needed) extension of stay based upon marriage costs 1900 baht at immigration.

You have to make application at the assigned immigration office for where you live (normally located in province where you live).

You need to have 40K baht of income proven by letter from embassy or 400K baht in a Thai bank for 60 days to get the extension.

Edited by ubonjoe

The one year extension is what you are calling a retirement visa - if you obtain one year inside Thailand it is an extension of stay (not a visa) regardless of the reason it is issued and will require 90 day reporting if you do not leave for more than 90 days and a re-entry permit to return to continue using the current permitted to stay time obtained prior to exit will be required.

You got a new visa in Australia not an extension of stay and have had to make border runs every 90 days.

A one year (no border runs needed) extension of stay based upon marriage costs 1900 baht at immigration.

You have to make application at the assigned immigration office for where you live (normally located in province where you live).

You need to have 40K baht of income proven by letter from embassy or 400K baht in a Thai bank for 60 days to get the extension.

Can the 40K income be Thai based?

If you earn an income in Thailand you need to show your Work permit and Thai tax documents confirming your income.

I think that is what Markaew just said.

Actually, he left out the tax documents bit. If you just show up with pay slips from your employer you will be denied. They want to see the tax documents.