Korat Chef Dill Pickles

The last time my wife brought me home pickles, they were Hengstenberg knax.

They are passable, but nothing to write home about.

I see Korat Chef has 850ml jars of dills for 120 bht.

I'd have them ship me a dozen jars, but don't know if they are any good.

So my question is, has anyone out there tasted them, or do you know of another local company that has the same service and a good product. I'm not that concerned about the price. I'm more concerned about quality and shipping.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good pickles are so easy to make at home, google up a recipe and try it at home.

You can custom make them to how you like them, stick to the recipe until the pickles are more to your liking.

than you can add whatever you like.

So easy!

Cheers:smile.png

• Like 2

Yes pickles, chutney,jams, all easy to make, The wife brought home

about 15 kg of Mangoes she had got for free, and I made 42 jars

of spicy mango chutney,same recipe I use to make spicy peach

chutney, I also pickle beetroot,onions,piccalilli and last year did

a lot of some very small gherkins,never seen them yet this year.

Keep me busy and at least I know whats going into it.

regards Worgeordie

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so I visited korat chef and martin the owner kindly let me taste one of his pickled guerkins.

I was hoping that they would make me screw my face up with that sour vinegary taste you get when you bite into it mmmmm but alas it was quite sweet, so if its a sweet tasting pickled guerkin your after go for it but if its sour you want then its a no no. On a plus side he did have some nice looking pasties and other items but Martin if your viewing this get some tea so customers can have a cuppa with their pasties or pies.

regards Worgeordie

Wanna share your recipes??

• 1 month later...

regards Worgeordie

beetroot,piccalilli,why aye man what about the pickled eggs,

come on wor lad what about trying to make something that resemble,s branston pickle i detest paying almost £7 a jar.

my beet and picalilli and pickled eggs are just about perfect but trying to make branston flipping useless.

Ok so I visited korat chef and martin the owner kindly let me taste one of his pickled guerkins.

I was hoping that they would make me screw my face up with that sour vinegary taste you get when you bite into it mmmmm but alas it was quite sweet, so if its a sweet tasting pickled guerkin your after go for it but if its sour you want then its a no no. On a plus side he did have some nice looking pasties and other items but Martin if your viewing this get some tea so customers can have a cuppa with their pasties or pies.

Aren't gerkins supposed to be sweet? That has alwasy been my experience, it's the dills that give you that sour vinegar taste, Much prefer the dills and good ones are difficult to find all over asia. Whenever I find a shop with some in stock I load up.

talking about pasties promoting your corned beef pasties for sept.today the wf.went in no have and change your ad.that you placed 10days ago for your cooked ham 200grms x 90bht.no its 100bht.embarrassing for the wf.to question the price.wai2.gif

The corned beef pasties sold out very fast, a new batch will be ready soon.

We have two hams Meatboy. One is priced at 100 baht the other is 90 baht. I think the smoked ham which is 90 baht has sold out too. So I think the shop assistant would of brought the other ham to show your wife. Apologies for any confusion, or embarressment caused.

A new batch of smoked ham will be ready soon, too.

Edited by KoratChef

The corned beef pasties sold out very fast, a new batch will be ready soon.

We have two hams Meatboy. One is priced at 100 baht the other is 90 baht. I think the smoked ham which is 90 baht has sold out too. So I think the shop assistant would of brought the other ham to show your wife. Apologies for any confusion, or embarressment caused.

A new batch of smoked ham will be ready soon, too.

apoligies excepted,now for the verdict as they say the proof is in the eating.

cornish pasties 10 out of 10.

ham which was 250gms=100bht.again 10 out of 10.

so kc.next batch of corned beef pasties please may i have 6.

and cornish pasties i will have 6 as well.

let us know when their ready wf.will come and pick them up.

havnt tried the sage and sausage ones i have to make room for some amber necter.

meatboy.

Hi meatboy,

the corned beef pasties are back in stock now and we have cornish too.

sorry didnt answer yesterday at immigration,if you have fresh ones i can freeze myself.

6 of each and if you have 6 sausage rolls as well. wf will pick up tomorrow[thurs]

meatboy.