Black Water In Aonang Beach!

galilee

My wife and i have been to the beach this afternoon, expecting to eat at the "Last cafe" as we do sometimes.

We were a bit horrified from what we saw and... smelt.

This place is so nice and beautiful usually... i let you judge by the photos i ve taken... i m not sure this pollution is going to raise some concerns with the officials but if Aonang has the reputation of being polluted. there is no point in expecting tourists to continue to come here.

2013_05_24_12_46_09.jpg

2013_05_24_12_46_32.jpg

If this is the same place I'm thinking of, I have seen this for years. It's down to the left side of ao nang beach, near the monkeys? It's like a little creek of foul water going into the sea. I think it's from a resort or hotel back up in the trees.

If this is the same place I'm thinking of, I have seen this for years. It's down to the left side of ao nang beach, near the monkeys? It's like a little creek of foul water going into the sea. I think it's from a resort or hotel back up in the trees.

yep you are correct its been like it for years and it stinks swell,probably getting worse as they are doing a lot of building work abit further up the road there,dont really know what there ideas are with ao nang but now they have chopped all the trees down on mc donalds road it looks more like a concrete jungle everyday,its hardly the tropical paradise beach you would expect to find in thailand.

The main road and the beach front will be widened, all the shops that have encroached, are being dismantled one after the other.

Back on topic... the bad water reminds me the recent pollution in one famous phuket s beach.

Aonang appears to be no exception.