I Cry Out For The Goodness In Mankind.

So, OP, - what did you do today, to make this world a better place? Besides posting this video....Feed any hungry, cloth any cold.

Perhaps start by going to your local electric company, and paying the bill anonymously for a few poor people who have had their electricity cut off over the matter of a few hundred baht - so that never again will children die in a fire started with a candle, that they were using to do their homework, because their electricity was cut off over failure to pay a few hundred baht.

• Like 1

So, OP, - what did you do today, to make this world a better place? Besides posting this video....Feed any hungry, cloth any cold.

Perhaps start by going to your local electric company, and paying the bill anonymously for a few poor people who have had their electricity cut off over the matter of a few hundred baht - so that never again will children die in a fire started with a candle, that they were using to do their homework, because their electricity was cut off over failure to pay a few hundred baht.

Thanks for the suggestions. What a welcome change from the usual whinging and cynical abuse of our fellow posters that seems all too common on these fora.

I think I might give to the chaps that are normally collecting for charity outside the ATM tomorrow.

SC

• Like 2

I would be directly behind you in the queue Stradavarius37 if for a moment I thought it would make a difference. As a matter of interest, how many bills have you paid today?

What happened to the children was a tragedy, but it was simply that, an unfortunate accident. I don't understand why you feel the need to bring this to a 'feel-good' thread unless it is trolling.............

So, OP, - what did you do today, to make this world a better place?  Besides posting this video....Feed any hungry, cloth any cold.

You sound like fun.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

With all due respect humans are animals, the same as the animal kingdom,so u will never get unity or love amongst all people.Just be good yourself,help the needy and u will feel good every day.

One only has to read some post daily to realise we are all different,some on here are horrible people and some are very genuine,who dont find the need to be intolerant or gobby

Good post.....

I thought it was a little OTT for a few expats letting off steam, also not Thai related, sorry just my view.

General topics.

General topics

A forum for general interest topics related to Thailand only

Ha ha, good one.

I would be directly behind you in the queue Stradavarius37 if for a moment I thought it would make a difference. As a matter of interest, how many bills have you paid today?

What happened to the children was a tragedy, but it was simply that, an unfortunate accident. I don't understand why you feel the need to bring this to a 'feel-good' thread unless it is trolling.............

Well, considering I just came back from volunteering at my local orphanage, I would said I've done more than you today...since you asked.

I did a 14 hour shift at the BP Oil production line (Vienna) for 12.50 Euros/hour in order to provide financial means for my Thai wife, and son, so that they can pay for their electricity needed. I currently do that 6 days a week, and every second Sunday.

Charlie Chaplain is perfect really! He would have fit right in as an expat in Thailand. his last marriage was to an 18 year old when he was in his fifties. :D

And he fled the US because of an FBI investigation was underway.

Surely there are better examples to use for a Kumbaya moment than a comedian who needed to run to Switzerland to escape a paternity suit.

Some TV posters may be delusional, but I doubt too many are plotting to over run Poland.

Edited by Suradit69

Charlie Chaplain is perfect really! He would have fit right in as an expat in Thailand. his last marriage was to an 18 year old when he was in his fifties. biggrin.png

And he fled the US because of an FBI investigation was underway.

Surely there are better examples to use for a Kumbaya moment than a comedian who needed to run to Switzerland to escape a paternity suit.

I think The Great Dictator is meant to be fictional, rather than autobiographical, and the identity and misdemeanours of the actors are of secondary importance. Do they not have cinematic entertainment where you're from?

SC

Very nice but surely un American.

We're fortunate, in this forum, that that is not a crucial deficiency. I suggest you raise it with the film's original publishers, wherever they were from.

SC

I am glad to see that the Chinese version is presented using Traditional Characters and not Simplified.

But so far I have not been able to find this in Esperanto.

Strange this man was forced to leave the USA just for holding a few political and world views.

The land of free speech turned out to be not free enough after all.

Maybe Chaplin should have stayed away from Talkies.

Far safer when you don't talk.

Edited by OldChinaHam