Scum Tourists Propositioning (And Insulting) One Of My Thai Friends

davidst01

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is what actually happened I feel very sad for the lady. No saying she is in anyway to blame regardless of where she was, everyone has the right to walk anywhere without being propositioned in this type of way, having said that I wonder why in the world would a "classy" lady except cash in hand only to throw it in a bin? Sounds very very strange to me..just saying

A Thai would throw money (with the Kings picture) in a trash bin?

I thought that too

If this is what actually happened I feel very sad for the lady. No saying she is in anyway to blame regardless of where she was, everyone has the right to walk anywhere without being propositioned in this type of way, having said that I wonder why in the world would a "classy" lady except cash in hand only to throw it in a bin? Sounds very very strange to me..just saying

+1

There are some really dumb tourists around, but I find it difficult to believe that any of them is dumb enough to hand money for sex to a girl on the street before she goes anywhere with them. I do not believe this story.

• Like 2

I don't think I know any Thai woman that would take money off strangers who accosted her in the street - regardless of what she might subsequently do with the money.

I know how it is to have foreigners try to chat up Thai women on the street, one example being, my former GF here.

But at the same time, the regular (non-bar) Thai women I know don't make a habit of engaging in conversations with groups of anonymous/unknown farangs they encounter on the street, and certainly not engaging in anything leading up to them handing over money to the lady.

Whenever my ex was tried to be chatted up while going to or from her regular job, she'd just decline and walk away or continue on her way. That seems a much simpler manner of handling the situation.

One post may have hinted at the OP's motive for even posting this as being self serving. It is over and done with, if true, the OP nor the offended lady can do anything about it, so its kind of a story with no plausable ending. I guess a little farang bashing might make some feel better, but will accomplish nothing.

The lady lives and works in the big city and has been exposed to its realities of life, something similar could happen again or she could take the same precuations many young ladies take, travel busy areas, with friends, ignore unwanted communication, etc.

• Like 1

Hard to say without knowing the full story.

I think it would depend a lot on the circumstances and the area where it happened.

If it is for example in a business district or on the sky train, the guys were way out of order!

I would not condone taking he money and throwing it in the bin tough. A verbal rebuke would have done. This is of course assuming no physical contact/intimidation happened.

If it happened for example just outside the nana plaza entrance, I'd say she has to grow some thicker skin. Unless the guys were really obnoxious or drunk, a friendly refusal would be all it takes! Lord knows what all the regular staff (hotel staff, restaurant staff, etc) have to endure, and they seem to handle it pretty ok!

It comes with the area, if she doesn't like it then such area's are best avoided.

Sent from my B1-A71 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

a sensible post

I don't quite understand why some people, mostly women, like to feel insulted in such a situation.

Why was ignoring the four farangs and forgetting about them at the next street corner not an option?

Maybe a psychiatrist can explain?

Is that a serious post.?

Your question obviously is,

Why would a woman feel insulted if 3 or 4 guys she had never seen in her life before right out of the blue open the conversation with 'here is ???? cash, will you come and sleep with us.?

You and three of your mates try in Oxford street.

• Like 1

has been done to death about predators and thai ladies,goes with the territory unfortunaly,i always find a simple pia nai suffices you always get a positive or sometimes a negative response.and you can take it from there,

• Like 1

Yup, that's life OP.

I was in big c in a thai neighbourhood today and a thai guy with his girlfriend pointed out 'mun farang' obviosly thinking I cant speak thai. I just laughed.

Point being your friend needs to get on with her life because there are idiots everywhere.

Edited by Salapoo

Yup, that's life OP.

I was in big c in a thai neighbourhood today and a thai guy with his girlfriend pointed out 'mun farang' obviosly thinking I cant speak thai. I just laughed.

Point being your friend needs to get on with her life because there are idiots everywhere.

In the vegetable section?
  • Like 2

There are some really dumb tourists around, but I find it difficult to believe that any of them is dumb enough to hand money for sex to a girl on the street before she goes anywhere with them. I do not believe this story.

I have seen something similar on Silom. It was during lunch break and I was talking near BTS Sala Daeng with a couple of Thai friends when we noticed a farang with two one thousand baht notes in his hand. He was approaching Thai girls (many having lunch break from the office) and placing the money in their hands.

The ones we saw all refused and some got quite angry and some seemed to be afraid. I wanted to go and say something to him but didn't get round to it as he disappeared.

About 10 or 15 minutes later we saw him walking along Silom hand in hand with a Thai girl. I don't know if she was a bar girl or not. I really can't remember as it was a year or so ago.

I have several other cases I could mention that my students have told me about but I won't bother.

The other night, i walked past a girl, who said to me " go with your short time"

i am so offended, how could she possibly think i would be the kind to use her service.

Few meters down the road, i was barked at by a dog. Could not believe my eyes that the mutt dared to open his mouth.

Shortly will let everyone know via facebook of insults i received from the dog and the girl, after all i am a respectable businessman and dog and working girl should have been aware of that cheesy.gif

I agree entirely.

I am really offended that there are rude and stupid people in the world. They are an affront to my dignity.

Sorry, I missed out the "other" there...

SC

I think it would depend a lot on the circumstances and the area where it happened.

If it is for example in a business district or on the sky train, the guys were way out of order!

I would not condone taking he money and throwing it in the bin tough. A verbal rebuke would have done. This is of course assuming no physical contact/intimidation happened.

If it happened for example just outside the nana plaza entrance, I'd say she has to grow some thicker skin. Unless the guys were really obnoxious or drunk, a friendly refusal would be all it takes! Lord knows what all the regular staff (hotel staff, restaurant staff, etc) have to endure, and they seem to handle it pretty ok!

It comes with the area, if she doesn't like it then such area's are best avoided.

a sensible post

I don't quite understand why some people, mostly women, like to feel insulted in such a situation.

Why was ignoring the four farangs and forgetting about them at the next street corner not an option?

Is that a serious post.?

Why would a woman feel insulted if 3 or 4 guys she had never seen in her life before right out of the blue open the conversation with 'here is ???? cash, will you come and sleep with us.?

but why get worked up about it instead of just ignoring those tossers?

a sensible post

Is that a serious post.?

but why get worked up about it instead of just ignoring those tossers?

You or I might think that it says more about the men than the lady, but perhaps she valued their opinion.

has been done to death about predators and thai ladies,goes with the territory unfortunaly,i always find a simple pia nai suffices you always get a positive or sometimes a negative response.and you can take it from there,

What's a 'pia nai' when it's at home?

I have seen something similar on Silom. It was during lunch break and I was talking near BTS Sala Daeng with a couple of Thai friends when we noticed a farang with two one thousand baht notes in his hand. He was approaching Thai girls (many having lunch break from the office) and placing the money in their hands.

The ones we saw all refused and some got quite angry and some seemed to be afraid. I wanted to go and say something to him but didn't get round to it as he disappeared.

About 10 or 15 minutes later we saw him walking along Silom hand in hand with a Thai girl. I don't know if she was a bar girl or not. I really can't remember as it was a year or so ago.

I have several other cases I could mention that my students have told me about but I won't bother.

I was on an urgent recruiting drive. The temp from the agency had a prang on the way to the Regus office and I had 4 Chinese clients already waiting in the lobby.
  • Like 1

It is a cheesy ice breaker for guys who do not knowing how to talk to woman. ( where you going).

to add to this topic. my female friends who are not night crawlers have complained on several occasions that western Arab and Indians have misjudged them for working girls and tried to persuade them in to unlawful acts.

I would think the OP story is probable.

Edited by RakJungTorlae

Had an ex girlfriend tear in half the 20k I gave her to get the <deleted> outta my life and throw it at me calling me an <deleted>............ she was an awesome root though.

In my experience, it's the only redeeming thing about most bunny boilers.