Scum Tourists Propositioning (And Insulting) One Of My Thai Friends

davidst01

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a cheesy ice breaker for guys who do not knowing how to talk to woman. ( where you going).

to add to this topic. my female friends who are not night crawlers have complained on several occasions that western Arab and Indians have misjudged them for working girls and tried to persuade them in to unlawful acts.

I would think the OP story is probable.

I find telling her she has great shoes and then asking for sexual intercourse works really well for melaugh.png

It is a cheesy ice breaker for guys who do not knowing how to talk to woman. ( where you going).

to add to this topic. my female friends who are not night crawlers have complained on several occasions that western Arab and Indians have misjudged them for working girls and tried to persuade them in to unlawful acts.

I find telling her she has great shoes and then asking for sexual intercourse works really well for melaugh.png

miss can you help me with directions ( where to ) you room!

• Like 1

miss can you help me with directions ( where to ) you room!

clap2.gif

Let them know she is calling the police for harassment. See how long they hang around and have 2nd thoughts about another victim. Either that, or kick them in the ... biggrin.png

Amusing story of my recent flight to Samui.

Flew out from U-Tapao on a BKK airways flight that was at best 30% full, I was seated in row 2 with my missus opposite us in row 2 were two guys of unknown ethnicity (English was not their native tongue but they could speak it)............ as the flight was preparing to land the very pretty cabin lady came to her seat to buckle in for landing upon which time one of the guys asked her how much for short time upon which him and his mate burst out laughing.

Stone cold faced she replied to him "Would you like to continue enjoying your holiday or would you like me to speak to the Captain and ask for the police to meet you when we land"............. guy went very pale faced and apologized profusely.

I guess she preferred long time onlytongue.png

• Like 2

''Hi, I just met four Foreigners on street while I'm walking to go home they ask me to go with them,they give me money and I took them money and throw money in the bin in front of them to see that money cannot buy me and I'm not like a kind of women like that they said to me that money can buy everything no matter how hard it is so I'm happy to throw them money in the bin and see them pick it up,but at that time I feel so angry and hot inside can't stay calm,now I'm ok''

My friend is a classy girl and has extremely high integrity

hmm sadly not exactly true A Classy girl with high integrity would never have even entertained them and certainly not taken their money.....She would have completely ignored them and not reacted, Thirdly her english would be better smile.png

I feel your friend is not as classy as you make out...

As long as there was some drama and foreigners to publicly demonize... :whistling:

• Like 2

Yup, that's life OP.

I was in big c in a thai neighbourhood today and a thai guy with his girlfriend pointed out 'mun farang' obviosly thinking I cant speak thai. I just laughed.

Point being your friend needs to get on with her life because there are idiots everywhere.

In the vegetable section?

Haha, fruit section actually, why? :rolleyes:

With all respect for TS, but this topic belongs probably in 'Thai girls and their weird fantasy stories'. It makes me think of the foreign friend who emailed me lots of 'weird' stories his tgf told him, about her past, her family, about illnesses she never had, about her university period while she never went to, and many more. Sweet and harmless, just at moments she used to be in her own parallel universe. In the beginning the friend believed everything she said and sometimes got confused by the strange stories, but I know this girl and her typical issue longer then him and could make him aware of this behaviour. She isn't the only one, have seen it before. Perhaps it is a symptom of light schizophrenia, not very uncommon in Thailand.

• Like 2

With all respect for TS, but this topic belongs probably in 'Thai girls and their weird fantasy stories'. It makes me think of the foreign friend who emailed me lots of 'weird' stories his tgf told him, about her past, her family, about illnesses she never had, about her university period while she never went to, and many more. Sweet and harmless, just at moments she used to be in her own parallel universe. In the beginning the friend believed everything she said and sometimes got confused by the strange stories, but I know this girl and her typical issue longer then him and could make him aware of this behaviour. She isn't the only one, have seen it before. Perhaps it is a symptom of light schizophrenia, not very uncommon in Thailand.

And there was me thinking I was the only one

Dinnaebedaft, yeraj!

Ok, so most of us realize by now that there are two Thailands. One in which girls give themselves up for a plate of rice and the other where people have more respect for themselves. To tourists fresh off the plane this can get confusing. Personally, before i got here the stories i had been told (admittedly by people who have no idea of what they are talking about) were of everything and everyone being for sale. Although i dont condone the actions of the guys, i also dont think it was right for her to throw their money in the trash.

As others have said, a simple refusal would have been better. What she should have done is taken the chance to educate these misinformed people that Thailand is not what you see on TV, movies.... or read in magazines, newspapers, government advisories..... This is no excuse for acting like an a-hole, but it can be understood why some people act this way.

Edited by yourauntbob
  • Like 1

Ok, so most of us realize by now that there are two Thailands. One in which girls give themselves up for a plate of rice and the other where people have more respect for themselves. To tourists fresh off the plane this can get confusing. Personally, before i got here the stories i had been told (admittedly by people who have no idea of what they are talking about) were of everything and everyone being for sale. Although i dont condone the actions of the guys, i also dont think it was right for her to throw their money in the trash.

As others have said, a simple refusal would have been better. What she should have done is taken the chance to educate these misinformed people that Thailand is not what you see on TV, movies.... or read in magazines, newspapers, government advisories..... This is no excuse for acting like an a-hole, but it can be understood why some people act this way.

I found Thailand to generally be much sleazier than portrayed in the movies/Tv.

What they all seem to miss out is also the extreme danger to the tourists life and health.

(car/mc accident, random hotel death poison/plummet and drownings)

OK, so not good to ask a random girl for sex, but if you can walk 500m, you will find a place.

• Like 1

My guess is that these morons were just showing off to impress their mates and you`re find that most of these Jack the Lad jerks are basically cowards.

What the girl should have done, and this is exactly the advice I gave my daughter, is to shout at them at the top of her voice, literally scream at them in a threatening manner and if that attracts a crowd of spectators or the police, even better.

In most cases if directly confronted and considering that they are tourists here, they will <deleted> their pants in fear.

Or you could always be smarter and not bring yourself down to a level of idiots, by simply refusing the offer and thanking them for their time.

Several posters have excused the actions of the foreign tourists in the OP by talking about the reputation of Thailand for prostitution. I can assure you that were you to do the same thing in St. Kilda, Kings Cross or East Perth, you would find yourself up Sh@t creek without a paddle! These are all places in Australia known for the abundance of prostitutes but were you to approach a non prostitute with an offer I fear you would be doing time in Jail!

• Like 2

Yup, that's life OP.

I was in big c in a thai neighbourhood today and a thai guy with his girlfriend pointed out 'mun farang' obviosly thinking I cant speak thai. I just laughed.

Point being your friend needs to get on with her life because there are idiots everywhere.

So they were talking about potatoes and you thought they were talking about you? Great Thai skills mate!

No mate, the previous post about it being in the fruit section was a joke. I would have thought that everyone knows that farang also mean guava, as in the fruit.

It was actually exiting Big C into the car park and they were walking towards/past me.

Uneducated and angry, quite a combo you got going on there. :)

Right.. because she was 'just walking home' and not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4x guys all approached her and started waving cash under her nose. :D

Did she take a detour via nana carpark, climax or somewhere that she neglected to tell you about?

Hard to say without knowing the full story.

I think it would depend a lot on the circumstances and the area where it happened.

If it is for example in a business district or on the sky train, the guys were way out of order!

I would not condone taking he money and throwing it in the bin tough. A verbal rebuke would have done. This is of course assuming no physical contact/intimidation happened.

If it happened for example just outside the nana plaza entrance, I'd say she has to grow some thicker skin. Unless the guys were really obnoxious or drunk, a friendly refusal would be all it takes! Lord knows what all the regular staff (hotel staff, restaurant staff, etc) have to endure, and they seem to handle it pretty ok!

It comes with the area, if she doesn't like it then such area's are best avoided.

Sent from my B1-A71 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Do Asok and Silom count as business districts ? whistling.gif

Several posters have excused the actions of the foreign tourists in the OP by talking about the reputation of Thailand for prostitution. I can assure you that were you to do the same thing in St. Kilda, Kings Cross or East Perth, you would find yourself up Sh@t creek without a paddle! These are all places in Australia known for the abundance of prostitutes but were you to approach a non prostitute with an offer I fear you would be doing time in Jail!

Agreed. And a totally pathetic excuse. Must admit though I know a few Aussie girls that had you approached in this way would have had you thinking jail time was a pleasant option as you were hitting the pavement.

I'd be just as inclined to aportion blame to the millions of thai women that have and do sell themselves for money and have given this wonderful place it's reputation that it is famous for worldwide.

Lets blame the forces that has caused these poor women to sell it.

There are scoundrels at the top that like it this way.

It's terrible when the servants become the masters.

There is no way that these nerds would ever try this on with girls in the UK or the States.

There would be an outrage and they would have been arrested for soliciting and sexual harassment..

The same applies here in Thailand under the law. In fact these guys committed a criminal offense and could have been heavily fined, deported and even eligible to serve some jail time.

It is not only Thai girls who experience these idiots. Myself and all my female friends have experienced verbal sexual abuse at some point in our lives. There is currently an investigation in the American military about sexual abuse perpetrated on female members of the military. It is worse when young men get together and have a few drinks. It doesn't happen so much when men mature and stop running on pure testosterone all the time. Unfortunately, Thailand has a well deserved reputation for young women looking for a P4P good time, and young men with nothing between their ears are too stupid to tell the difference between just another cute Thai girl in a mini-skirt and a part time hooker. I will add into the mix some of those east European louts who travel in groups. They also don't know how to treat women with respect.

• Like 2

It is not only Thai girls who experience these idiots. Myself and all my female friends have experienced verbal sexual abuse at some point in our lives. There is currently an investigation in the American military about sexual abuse perpetrated on female members of the military. It is worse when young men get together and have a few drinks. It doesn't happen so much when men mature and stop running on pure testosterone all the time. Unfortunately, Thailand has a well deserved reputation for young women looking for a P4P good time, and young men with nothing between their ears are too stupid to tell the difference between just another cute Thai girl in a mini-skirt and a part time hooker. I will add into the mix some of those east European louts who travel in groups. They also don't know how to treat women with respect.

I blame people who live by generalisations.

• Like 1

I'm guessing the OP's greatly exaggerated feelings of disgust are probably over the fact that he's been desperately trying to get into the lady in question's knickers but hasn't managed it yet!

Move on or head for Nana/Soi Cowboy to relieve those frustrations my friend!

• Like 1

I'm guessing the OP's greatly exaggerated feelings of disgust are probably over the fact that he's been desperately trying to get into the lady in question's knickers but hasn't managed it yet!

Move on or head for Nana/Soi Cowboy to relieve those frustrations my friend!

We're all free to form our own speculations. I believe he may be a video referee for the rugby football league.

SC

• Like 1