Facebook Users Join Anti-Govt Campaign

webfact

No, I mean the original Thai constitution, which though I am assured closely modelled the English system, managed to avoid having a senate made up of inter-bred hi-so snobs decided on nothing more than primogeniture descendency.

Skating a bit close to the ice with that last comment, aren't we?

Always strikes me as odd that many of the reactionary types on this forum turn

out to be very chippy on matters of class, odd because they give

uncritical support to Thailand's entrenched upper class.Perhaps they

should join their comrades on the red shirt side, paticularly if they

have a big problem with "primogeniture descendency".

I don't know anyone on this forum that "gives uncritical support to Thailand's entrenched upper class".

George?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how those who like to focus on & label class are from one of the most class-ridden societies in the world - England. Labelling protestors as some sort of 'proto fascists' is about as clever as Plodprasop's garbage label.

Thailand doesn't really have a class system but it does have a hierarchical system mostly based on wealth. But if ever there is a local example of an upper class twit - it's Plodprasop.

As suspected, in another thread we have Thaksin's man Nopparit
threatening to 'deal with' the masked protestors. Any protest, cartoon,
or comment against the current regime is becoming a target for some sort of silencing. Strikes me that the real fascists are the ones who can't take criticism.

• Like 2

A large proportion of posters on here are generally uncritical supporters of Abhisit are they not?

A large proportion would be critical opponents of Thaksin / PTP / Red shirts. A large proportion would probably not be "uncritical supporters" of Abhisit. And to extend the support that Abhisit does have to say that they are also "uncritical support of Thailand's entrenched upper class" would definitely be stretching it.

No, I mean the original Thai constitution, which though I am assured closely modelled the English system, managed to avoid having a senate made up of inter-bred hi-so snobs decided on nothing more than primogeniture descendency.

Again you display your misconceptions of both other poster's attitudes and the supposed goals of the red shirt movement. Thais have the inalienable right to decide their own form of government, but primogeniture is recognised as archaic in many of the more advanced societies.

Perhaps you should clean your own house first if you have a problem with entrenched upper class. Does any other society accept that as automatic entry to a senate seat?

Steady on there, Bruce!

That 'primogeniture descendency' you refer to also applies to royal families.... everywhere. whistling.gif

Perhaps it is time for a general election then we will see who is and who is not popular with the Thai people.

especially if they enforce the non payment to red shirts and ptp voters, then we would see that the only people that want a thaksin govt are those that are being paid by him as bugger all would vote for them without their payment.
Oh yes...and let the Dems and others still pay.

FYI: that is what they do as well!

And the army....................

Perhaps it is time for a general election then we will see who is and who is not popular with the Thai people.

especially if they enforce the non payment to red shirts and ptp voters, then we would see that the only people that want a thaksin govt are those that are being paid by him as bugger all would vote for them without their payment.

"And the army..."

Jump when told to at the command of the Amart, message delivered by Prem

Edited by PREM-R

"And the army..."

And the Amart are?

Again you display your misconceptions of both other poster's attitudes and the supposed goals of the red shirt movement. Thais have the inalienable right to decide their own form of government, but primogeniture is recognised as archaic in many of the more advanced societies.

Perhaps you should clean your own house first if you have a problem with entrenched upper class. Does any other society accept that as automatic entry to a senate seat?

Steady on there, Bruce!

That 'primogeniture descendency' you refer to also applies to royal families.... everywhere. whistling.gif

It's Mick, but as the brother of 3 sisters, the father of 3 daughters and grandpa to 3 grand-daughters, you will pardon me for thinking that they deserve equal rights to any other human, even if he is born with a penis.

Are critics of the reds automatically supporters of the 'entrenched upper classes'.

Where does Khun T appear in the list of top money-havers (either with or without the missing 46billion)?

Money talks, so he seems to be the entrenched 'upstart', trying to remove the 'entrenched upper classes'.

The People's Republic of Thailand' - ie North Thailand will have the Thaksin clan as their entrenched upper class.

South Thailand, will carry on its merry way and no doubt achieve true democracy - in my humblest opinion.

"Skating a bit close to the ice with that last comment, aren't we?"

Always a good thing to skate close to the ice unless you are a professional.

Skating on thin ice is best avoided, as is skating too close to the edge.smile.png

"And the army..."

And the Amart are?

"And the Amart are?"

The Amart system basically is the control of Thailand by the net-work of the

upper-crust. Take the military drawn current Thai constitution as an

example. It gives judges the ability to appoint Senators, the voting

system dominated by old money and the privy council.

Prem is the main man of the privy council.

Next question

"Skating a bit close to the ice with that last comment, aren't we?"

Always a good thing to skate close to the ice unless you are a professional.

Skating on thin ice is best avoided, as is skating too close to the edge.Posted Image

Point taken

• Like 1

"And the army..."

And the Amart are?

"And the Amart are?"

The Amart system basically is the control of Thailand by the net-work of the

upper-crust. Take the military drawn current Thai constitution as an

example. It gives judges the ability to appoint Senators, the voting

system dominated by old money and the privy council.

Prem is the main man of the privy council.

Next question

Good job the Amart are being replaced, by the benevolent Khun T.

New money replacing old as it were.

2 wrongs are guaranteed to make a right. Thailand advances ever backwards.