Marriage O Visa Funds

No it can not - for marriage it must be 400k in your name bank account 2 months or 40k per month income. But this is for one year extensions of stay from immigration - there is no requirement for a non immigrant O visa issue by a Consulate (although for multi entry some amount may be required).

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply.I am trying to clarify something.On siam legals website it says you can.I am just confused.This is why i am posting on here.

Thanks

It is possible with an Extension based on Retirement to use a combination of income and bank account, but as Lopburi3 said for Marriage it is either Income or Bank Account and no combination of the 2.

The requirement for extension of stay (not a visa) is as I stated above. And as I stated there is no financial requirement for the actual 90 day visa entry required for extension of stay outside of the normal 20k of any non immigrant visa (which is almost never checked). It is for extension of stay from immigration for 1,900 baht per year that the 400k/40k is a requirement and a combination is not allowed. Not all web sites provide the correct information so it is good you are asking. And the cost of a 90 day visa will be 2,000 baht if obtained in Thailand (where you would have to show you can meet the financial requirements of extension) or local equivalent if obtained from a Consulate outside of Thailand (where no such financial requirement would be required).

No it can not - for marriage it must be 400k in your name bank account 2 months or 40k per month income. But this is for one year extensions of stay from immigration - there is no requirement for a non immigrant O visa issue by a Consulate (although for multi entry some amount may be required).

Strange thing I noticed about this the other day when browsing the British Consul BKK web site. It states there that the proof of income letter must not be converted to Thai Baht therefore if your income is on the threshold of 40k then you are at the mercies of the current exchange rate I guess???

Strange thing I noticed about this the other day when browsing the British Consul BKK web site. It states there that the proof of income letter must not be converted to Thai Baht therefore if your income is on the threshold of 40k then you are at the mercies of the current exchange rate I guess???

You are correct about being at the mercy of the Forex rate. Obviously the Embassy can only verify the documentation from your pension (or whatever) provider and the Imm' officer will do the calculation. I always ask the Embassy to quote the full gross amount of my pension before tax as this can be helpful if you are on the cusp.

The figure is expected to be gross - and immigration will normally accept any reasonable exchange rate if it is close to what they see on daily list. Alternative, if retirement extension is not an option, is the 400k in bank or using multi entry non immigrant O visas until you can get the bank account up or exchange rate goes in your favor again. Loss of extension would not be the end of the world but it would be an convenience for most. As a temporary measure there is always a 60 day extension available for marriage/child without financial need.