Married Foreign Husbands Wife Living With Thai Husband

manxninja

Firstly how is someone properly married and then only see their wife two or three times a year? I have a niece who behaves herself but I wonder why. She has a French partner who only comes to Thailand once a year.

My wife lives with me in Papua New Guinea because that's where my business is and a wife's place is with her husband. She wouldn't dream of leaving me here by myself and I have no desire to be on my own. That's what I call a regular marriage. We have a house at home and spend two or three months a year in Thailand. As time goes by this will increase but she'll always be with me. We love each other and want to be together.

I personally doubt the 80 to 90% stat. But the fact is that having a "wife" who you see a few times a year is bizarre. More bizarre than the fact that she then has a partner who is actually with her full time. Yeah, she's poor and they take the money and once or twice a year it's a bit silly. But who's the fool?

Tell that to our military guys, if you dare. coffee1.gif

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch n learn !!!

I doubt, that many guys, send money to these, mostly overweight and not so young any more "Thai Princesses" shown in that Video. blink.pngtongue.png

I would also believe, that most of their level would stay really home if receive enough money from a "spender-sponsor, as business is a bit rare for them anyway.

Edited by ALFREDO

Firstly how is someone properly married and then only see their wife two or three times a year? I have a niece who behaves herself but I wonder why. She has a French partner who only comes to Thailand once a year.

My wife lives with me in Papua New Guinea because that's where my business is and a wife's place is with her husband. She wouldn't dream of leaving me here by myself and I have no desire to be on my own. That's what I call a regular marriage. We have a house at home and spend two or three months a year in Thailand. As time goes by this will increase but she'll always be with me. We love each other and want to be together.

I personally doubt the 80 to 90% stat. But the fact is that having a "wife" who you see a few times a year is bizarre. More bizarre than the fact that she then has a partner who is actually with her full time. Yeah, she's poor and they take the money and once or twice a year it's a bit silly. But who's the fool?

Hardly a fair comparison.

Unless a you are talking about a military man who has ducked off to a foreign country, married a lady and then headed home to only visit her a couple of times a year. Not married a lady from his own country who lives in his home and he goes away to work.

There is a very good chance of these foreigners have wives in their home countries. If they weren't married they would have taken their Thai wives with then. How can you be married and only see your wife 2-3 months a year, its a farce.

• Like 1

Unless a you are talking about a military man who has ducked off to a foreign country, married a lady and then headed home to only visit her a couple of times a year. Not married a lady from his own country who lives in his home and he goes away to work.

Sadly you miss my point regarding your post. A navy guy can be away most of a year, soldiers go for six month tours, and guess what, many are married. rolleyes.gif My dad was away for three years. coffee1.gif

Many of the cheating spouses in question wouldn't get a visa to the husbands home country, it's unlikely they'd be able to stay together while he works in his home country anyway.

For others who work on ships, in the oil industry etc.... They need to be choosing their spouses carefully...

• Like 1

From the screenplay for Castaway starring Tom Hanks:

Exterior. ST. PETERSBURG APARTMENT HOUSE

A beautiful young RUSSIAN WOMAN opens the door. A young
AMERICAN MAN comes up behind her, signs the (FedEx) form and takes
the Angel Box. We see Christmas decorations inside. The
woman puts her arms around him as the door closes.

RUSSIAN WOMAN (Off Screen)
(accented English)
It's pretty. Who is it from?

AMERICAN MAN (O.S.)

My wife.

The easiest way to explain this is that you understand their perception of the two most valued things in their life; Cash (currency) and FACE.

Below these two valued things fall all other things, be they spiritual, moral or of the physical.

These things which fall below currency and FACE are merely the resources which may be used to gain currency and FACE. They may be used without guilt or conscience to effect getting the most currency or most polished and respected FACE at the desire and whim of the individual.

Nothing else matters.

When you understand this, then you will understand that your sense of interpretations fall within all things below currency and FACE, and therefore do not deserve an answer.

So, why do they do it? To achieve those two things.

It is not intentional; it simply is... and you should not feel put out if you subscribe to the two most valued things. Moreover, you may even become a firm believer and willful contributor to their happiness. To resist is futile hahaaaaaaa.

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 1

Sadly you miss my point regarding your post. A navy guy can be away most of a year, soldiers go for six month tours, and guess what, many are married. rolleyes.gif My dad was away for three years. coffee1.gif

I have to make it clear that my post was in no way intended to cast aspersions on the military. I have enormous respect for members of the armed forces who (apart from enforced separations form their families) put themselves in harm's way for the rest of us.

I do see your point that they are away from their wives (and kids) for extended periods of time. I don't see it as being the equivalent of the point in hand however. The vast majority of your cases would be Americans (sorry if I assume incorrectly but your ndp seems to indicate US) married to Americans who are going away to leave their spouse in the country that is home for them both ...

I hear from a guy who lives, sometimes nearby, 10 km from me.

He shall, as it is rumored being in the bank business and built a huge house on nice land with a pool just outside the Amphoe village.

The Falang 500 m from him, I know, opened his eyes, that his -good looking- as it is said, but not so young anymore, (I never saw her), GF has some Thai Gigs and one special one, -she, bought or rent that Thai BF an apartment in the Big City!

Talks BS about him, the Falang, all the time around the Village, -he has only a small Banana-

and -her Gigs Banana is, in comparison, sweet like a sugar cane in her mouth!tongue.png

And so on.

Once, she even, shortened her 3 month Schengen Visa EU holiday trip to only 3 weeks

and flew back to TH with excuses, missing her Gig Nr.1 to much.

Does not want to stay in EU with him, for obvious reasons! wink.png

He, the "horned one" who begged my acquaintance-friend to be his eyes and ears for him, when he is not around,

made now consequences.

Yes, maybe one, limited the contact to the whistle blower, he begged beforehand to blow the whistle if necessary!rolleyes.gif

As she new well, he believes only her, Enslaved. blink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

I have not seen it within my family but have heard about out it with some local Western men. So no doubting it goes on but feel it is all relative to the people you associate with. My wife and family do not like the idea of a second wife/husband. The fil has always stated if he finds out any of his children or in-laws are misbehaving he banishes them. To date he has thrown one out.

So it would seem the same mind set follows through out the village. It is frowned upon by all the family members. My wife's first husband, 15 years ago, stepped out (got a girlfriend) shortly after the birth of their first and only child. He was not allowed back into the family fold and left shortly afterwards.

If you are afraid of telling your "friend" that his wife is stepping out on him because of potential retribution so be it. Up to you. Remember though what comes around / goes around. If you are to always be afraid of what the family might do to you if you step out of line or are fearful of them, then maybe you should reconsider who or why you are married and living here in Thailand.

As for the face thing. The Thai husband has nothing to be shameful of. Asked my wife what she thought and although the family disapprove of it, they know it happens. But it is not a problem for the Thai's. They can separate the means to an end part of the relationship. Her having a western husband is a way of earning "income" while the Thai husband provides the social and communal side of the lifestyle. So both win. Well except the Western Husband if he is seeking a wife who will be exclusive.

• Like 1

Many of the cheating spouses in question wouldn't get a visa to the husbands home country, it's unlikely they'd be able to stay together while he works in his home country anyway.

For others who work on ships, in the oil industry etc.... They need to be choosing their spouses carefully...

Why? I have had no problem getting visas for my wife and know plenty of men married to Thais who have done the same. The PR (for Australia anyway) is pretty onerous but if your relationship is genuine you'll get through. For a work permit dependent visa (which is her status in PNG) they just wanted to see a marriage certificate. Shengen visa for Europe was no problem and NZ too.

Would it be cynical of me to suggest that some of these guys who are "married" to Thai ladies and leave them there actually have another family in their home country?

So many of these topics / posts read: 'a friend of mine', or 'someone in the village', or 'someone told me about', etc. I solved that problem: I don't know anybody, don't have any friends, and talk with as few persons Western or Thai about whatever relationships, if any, I might have with Thai women.

• Like 1

If you're an honest guy, please let the gentlemen know what their wives are doing when abroad.Guess you'd be more than happy, when somebody would "open your eyes."

It's pretty much common here. I'd guess 80% of Thai women are doing the same shit.And you won't loose face telling it through let's say your wife.-wai2.gif

After 47 years in Southeast Asia, I can assure you the stupidity involved with the farangs in this situation is rampant. Wives of farangs with local husbands, girls with two or more farangs sending them money every month, wives of farangs who blow all their husband's money on gambling, boyfriends, or family, etc., ad infinitim.

Tell the men, you say? Well, I have lost two good friends following that advice. One died still resenting me, even though he came to realize his 'love' was scamming him. The other still refuses to talk to me. Some people just don't want others knowing anything about their private lives, especially if they are being duped; made the cuckold. Funny, I would like to be told if it were happening to me, which was the reason I told them.

47 years, you say, in SE Asia and yet you're suggesting it still might be possible that your Thai wife / GF could be doing you wrong and some other farang, friend or otherwise, might know about it and you would not?

consenting adults should be free to do what they like as long as they're not hurting anyone. the rich thai businesslady with 5 boytoys sounds very happy but what really makes it a happy story is that everyone knows and is ok with it: the husband, the wife, the boytoys, and presumably the husband's girltoys too.

variety is healthy and can be a great way to relieve stress. the trouble is with people being brainwashed into thinking that absolute monogamy (at least for your spouse though maybe not for you) is the only respectable path. many say things like "i would never marry someone who admitted to wanting to have an affair or a 3some now and then!" even though it's human nature to want variety, so instead of accepting it they try to defy reality by choosing a partner who promises to love them monogamously forever and ever... and sooner or later they realize they've made a mistake... probably would have been happier taking the open and honest offer... but they would first have to overcome the societal brainwashing that sex is only respectable within the confines of absolute monogamy.

of course there are exceptions, some people really do prosper in strictly monogamous ltr's but then some people find happiness in prison too...

(that said, of course they should take safety precautions to prevent std's and unwanted pregnancies)

Edited by khh

It is in some cases bad thai ladies screwing the falang in all kinds of ways, but to be honest, there are way more bad falangs coming here to Thailand and treats the thai like shit.....

So you are claiming there are many bad foreign men that have cheated nice Thai ladies out of their home, pension and savings?

I think not!

@khh

No moral rules on monogamy in Thailand which is part of the problem foreigners have living here.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

It is in some cases bad thai ladies screwing the falang in all kinds of ways, but to be honest, there are way more bad falangs coming here to Thailand and treats the thai like shit.....

So you are claiming there are many bad foreign men that have cheated nice Thai ladies out of their home, pension and savings?

I think not!

@khh

No moral rules on monogamy in Thailand which is part of the problem foreigners have living here.

Mr falang from america, dont be so.......I can say that there is a LOT of really idiotic bad falang coming here to Thailand, We can call it the name you like to use in the US. We can call them white trash, because trash is what many of them are... And unfortunately that reflects on the rest of us sadly....

I know that some ladies take the chance to scam the falang-guys, no question about that..... But to me when reading here on TV. all of us are nice guys being so badly scammed by the evil thailady..... And living in another reality than you cityboys I cannot really agree to that.......

Tai dee dai dee... in some strange sort of way.. If you behave like an bad idiot and mostly make bad, what you get is the very same in return...... Dont be an idiot and than cry out on the internet..

Glegolo

There is a very good chance of these foreigners have wives in their home countries. If they weren't married they would have taken their Thai wives with then. How can you be married and only see your wife 2-3 months a year, its a farce.

Are the guys 'viilage' married or 'Amphur' married ? Could be the costs for two months a year living in a house with hot and cold running p--ssy on tap is preferable to two months in a big city.

Perhaps they are loaded back home and the cash does not mean that much to them anyway, however, even if I was loaded back home it's not a choice I would make.

It's very widespread, not only with foreigners here part-time.

The wife of full time foreigners can have a Thai husband tucked away, she visits when, funeral, go to see relatives, little holiday with her sister, etc.

But what you neglect to add is that Thai men having a wife and a minor wife (even

several minor wives) has been part of Thai culture for hundreds of years and continues today.

In other words many Thai women (and men) see this whole scenario as 'normal'.

My Thai daughter in law tells me that as a little girl she (and all her female school friends) were

taught, mostly by numerous aunts, that:

'men have special needs, when you get married you must understand and accept

that your husband will need several women to satisfy his sexual desires'.

And you can find some rich / successful Thai women who have several live in boys. I'm well

aware of two such scenarios where;

- The Thai women got married, knowing full well that the new husband had several minor wives

in addition to the actual 'for status display and to father his children' bride.

- The Thai women knew full well that they were marrying into, and knew full well that it was common

and knowing full well would not change.

- Eventually got bored with the situation, like many of their lady friends, had no

desire to divorce, but did decide to copy the set up and have several live-in / live out

hot young boyfriends.

- In both of the cases that I'm aware of the actual Thai husbands are well aware that their

'main' wives have an entourage of hot young men and well aware that there is plenty of regular

action in bed, and in both cases the husbands are not concerned, not in the least.

- In one case the rich wife (also a very successful business woman in her own right) has 5 live in boys.

None of this is hidden, I've been to the house many times for business meetings and met all of 5

young men several times. she takes care of them well, they all have a luxury personal suite in the

very large house, she pays their university fees and a high salary, all have total access to the fleet

of company cars, and more.

- Also she likes threesomes and sometimes decides to have two boys sleep with her, and she also likes

to watch masculine young men having oral and anal sex. Bottom line - all of the five young men in the

entourage are bi-sexual.

you seem to be privy to alot of very secret info, do you have a phone number for this lady. Maybe I could be a toy boy, I think it would be quite nice to be owned for a while and not have to worry about anything other than pleaseing a filthy minded woman.

• Like 2

After reading this thread and with all the expert comments on Thai Wives my eye's have been finally opened.

Only last week my wife went out for 4 hour alone to see a friend.........How could I have be so stupid not to realise she was not seeing a friend but was getting rodgered senseless by some young Thai stud from the next Village.....you guys really know what you are talking about when you post all these true stories about very bad Thai women

Thanks again Guys...........I'm packing my bags after what seemed like 9 years of a very good marriage,If only I had know that her weekly trip into town to buy essential household items was just a ruse to have wild abandon sex.

I'm now going back to the UK heartbroken......... poorer but wiser

Thanks guys

Boloa

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

If your experience is true and you are sure, then my heart is with you, sadly.

• Like 1

After reading this thread and with all the expert comments on Thai Wives my eye's have been finally opened.

Only last week my wife went out for 4 hour alone to see a friend.........How could I have be so stupid not to realise she was not seeing a friend but was getting rodgered senseless by some young Thai stud from the next Village.....you guys really know what you are talking about when you post all these true stories about very bad Thai women

Thanks again Guys...........I'm packing my bags after what seemed like 9 years of a very good marriage,If only I had know that her weekly trip into town to buy essential household items was just a ruse to have wild abandon sex.

I'm now going back to the UK heartbroken......... poorer but wiser

Thanks guys

Boloa

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

If your experience is true and you are sure, then my heart is with you, sadly.

Well I'm not 100% sure ..........but sirchai said 80% of women ( one guy even put it as high as 90% ) are getting extramarital Thai Sausage ,so why should my wife be any different sad.png .......after all you lot are the experts blink.png

Edited by boloa
  • Like 2

If you're an honest guy, please let the gentlemen know what their wives are doing when abroad.Guess you'd be more than happy, when somebody would "open your eyes."

It's pretty much common here. I'd guess 80% of Thai women are doing the same shit.And you won't loose face telling it through let's say your wife.-wai2.gif

Or is this just more balderdash rubbish from a wannabe TV expert?

Do 80% of the women in your home country backdoor on their husbands?

If you have the 6th sense to "divine" that 80% of Thai women are doing this

you should be making billions on the stock market.