Best Way To Post Items Abroad From Pattaya.

piston broke

I have had great luck with EMS to the US....3 or 4 days, half the price of DHL or FedEx.

The Pattaya Postal Services kiosks at Central Festival (near the food store on the lower level) or the one at Tesco North Pattaya are the ones that I have used.

I agree with WayWardWind but if you chose the mail you can go to Soi Post Office off beach Rd. Quite well known for farangs and I believe it is soi 13 or soi 13/1? Maybe someone can say for sure.

Not sure where you are in Pattaya, but there's a big one on Suk just past Chiayaphuek on the right as you head south. You'll need to do a U-turn past the floating market if coming from Pattaya. It's a very big place and is never crowded.

• Like 1

I agree with WayWardWind but if you chose the mail you can go to Soi Post Office off beach Rd. Quite well known for farangs and I believe it is soi 13 or soi 13/1? Maybe someone can say for sure.

I have used that place in the past and 99% of the stuff 'all letters' I sent never arrived. Untill I was told by a Thai only send from there if it's registered as they take the stamp's off and pocket the cash.

I don't know if they do that but would you believe it after that everything arrived funny A.

Edited by fredob43

I have used that place in the past and 99% of the stuff 'all letters' I sent never arrived. Untill I was told by a Thai only send from there if it's registered as they take the stamp's off and pocket the cash.

I don't know if they do that but would you believe it after that everything arrived funny A.

I sent all my Xmas cards from there last year, not registered, and not all were obviously cards, all arrived smile.png

Nothing but good things to say about Thai Post. Everything sent from Thailand has always been received by the addressee and likewise everything sent to me at numerous addresses in Thailand has always been delivered provided the correct address was written.

Bt60 for registered post is cheap insurance. The online ThaiPost tracking system only tracks your item to the international gateway. Foreign postal services generally do not enter inbound registered items on their system for tracking purposes apart from date and time of delivery.

On the one occasion an item was overdue - held for inspection by US Customs - ThaiPost tracking staff were most helpful.

It's Soi 13/2, but always crowded. Also Post Offices at Sawang Fa Road, Naklua and Jomtien Soi 5 (Immigration Soi).

Nothing but good things to say about Thai Post. Everything sent from Thailand has always been received by the addressee and likewise everything sent to me at numerous addresses in Thailand has always been delivered provided the correct address was written.

Bt60 for registered post is cheap insurance. The online ThaiPost tracking system only tracks your item to the international gateway. Foreign postal services generally do not enter inbound registered items on their system for tracking purposes apart from date and time of delivery.

On the one occasion an item was overdue - held for inspection by US Customs - ThaiPost tracking staff were most helpful.

Everything you have been sent arrives your a very lucky man. The only thing I ever get that's sent from the UK is bank stuff anything else go's on the misssing list. I tried to send a valentine to the miss's this year when I was in the UK did it arrive well NO and please don't tell me I don't know my own address. In over 25year's of me being here it's alway's been the same. except for airograms. I would like to know where they put all the undelivered post as there must be a vast warehouse or several in BKK that are over flowing with opened and rummaged through letter's.

When I was in 13/2 post office Pat's I noticed how they did thing's (not been there for some time so might have changed) you get a No: and then go to the counter they weigh your letter and tell you the price take the said letter put the stamps on top (Not stuck on) and pile them up on the side weather they get stuck on later and sent off I don't know but why would they not stick them on if not to resell at a later time. I did try another ploy after I had started registering my stuff I got the letter weighed and asked for the stamp's put them on myself an posted it in a post box some way away and low and behold it arrived. Might have been a fluke who know's.

I have a friend who shipped some 13 boxes back to the US last year. 12 made it back. For one, she got some weird notification from an address in Spain saying her package had been diverted (or something like that) and that the insurance amount wasn't enough to ship the box onward. She needed to send them some $100. Right....

Beware of all the little shops around announcing postal service, you have no guarantee that anything is actually passed into the real post office and the price often doubles or triples. I've never had problems sending anything out of Thailand from the main post office in Naklua, but incoming mail can be a big hit and miss.

Not sure where you are in Pattaya, but there's a big one on Suk just past Chiayaphuek on the right as you head south. You'll need to do a U-turn past the floating market if coming from Pattaya. It's a very big place and is never crowded.

That is the same one i used recently. Good service. Tracked the mail all the way to the door in the U.K. You need to be able to translate the tracking site as it is all in Thai.

About 5 days for posting to arrival for me.

That is the same one i used recently. Good service. Tracked the mail all the way to the door in the U.K. You need to be able to translate the tracking site as it is all in Thai.

About 5 days for posting to arrival for me.

It is in English as well

You should be aware that these "kiosk" post offices are not actually the Thai Post Office, rather in general they are simply a shop masquerading as a post office and they can be dis-honest (from experience) and will overcharge.

The actual Thai Post offices I believe are on Naklua main road or Soi post office (13/1) and I think there are a few others around.

The Thai post tracking site is in English: http://track.thailandpost.com/trackinternet/Default.aspx?lang=en

Registered post is not expensive, even overseas!

Edited by Pdavies99

You should be aware that these "kiosk" post offices are not actually the Thai Post Office, rather in general they are simply a shop masquerading as a post office and they can be dis-honest (from experience) and will overcharge.

The actual Thai Post offices I believe are on Naklua main road or Soi post office (13/1) and I think there are a few others around.

The Thai post tracking site is in English: http://track.thailandpost.com/trackinternet/Default.aspx?lang=en

Registered post is not expensive, even overseas!

When I changed address a few years back I had six notification letters to send back to England. Went to one of those 'postal' shops and they wanted 25 baht/letter on top of the actual 21 baht/letter I was charged at the official Post Office in Naklua. Not bad when it costs you only 4 Baht more to move a letter 3 kilometres across Pattaya than it does to move it 6000 miles by air to the UK! (And no guarantee they won't just drop it in the bin as soon as you walk out of the shop!)

It's Soi 13/2, but always crowded. Also Post Offices at Sawang Fa Road, Naklua and Jomtien Soi 5 (Immigration Soi).

I never find it crowded. Whenever i go in i usually just walk straight up to the counter and get served immediately. Much better than the UK.

I never find it crowded. Whenever i go in i usually just walk straight up to the counter and get served immediately. Much better than the UK.

Was in there to weeks ago. In the door bought the envelope from the desk on the right, placed the stuff inside straight over to counter & done. Took under 10 minutes. Sent by EMS to Australia, 650 baht ( light package) received at Australian address some 6 to 7 days later. No problems.

Had to fill out the EMS tracking form & the envelope contained some medicine that a friend of mine gets here way cheaper than Australia. Told the girl that I had sent before & envelope checked by Aussie customs , all good.

Would use EMS over DHL anytime.

Actually they now track all way to delivery address and times and dated.