Work Visa, Exit And Enter As Much As Needed?

Hello, I am looking at getting a non-imm. O visa for work in Thailand. However, I plan to move between Thailand and the surrounding countries a lot, for not much more than 2 weeks at a time. Can I get enter and exit as much as I want? What kind of visa can I get to do this?

Thanks.

Based on what would you qualify for a non-immigrant visa?

Are you marreid to a Thai or have a child with Thai nationality?

Are you over 50 years old?

If you want to look for work in Thailand, come in on a tourist visa and try to find a job. Once you found a job you can get a non-B visa and work permit. Not untill you have an employer will you get these.

I am an American (23/M) coming from the US living in Thailand for a year or so.

You posted above earlier which does not indicate any reason for a non immigrant visa issue of any type. So unless you have found employment and a work permit being issued it appears you would not qualify. If you are getting a job in Thailand you would need a non immigrant B visa (unless married to a Thai during your stay and you did not post about it).

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I am self employed and plan to stay and work in Thailand. I am not married to a Thai. Single, 24 yr old, male. Will a non-B allow me to travel in and out of the country with no issues?

How do plan on getting the non-b visa?

A non-b can be a multiple entry visa if you qualify for it. Not available from nearby embassies unless you have a work permit. Can be issued in your home country for business purposes if you are working for or own a company there.

An extension of stay of a non-b visa entry can be done if you have a work permit. A multiple re-entry permit can be obtained for an extension of stay.

Edited by ubonjoe

How do plan on getting the non-b visa?

A non-b can be a multiple entry visa if you qualify for it. Not available from nearby embassies unless you have a work permit. Can be issued in your home country for business purposes if you are working for or own a company there.

An extension of stay of a non-b visa entry can be done if you have a work permit. A multiple re-entry permit can be obtained for an extension of stay.

I hadn't though about that yet, since I am still trying to decide which visa is best. I assume I will apply online and ship my passport in my home country to get the visa.

Thanks for the info.

1. You must have your passport at all times when in Thailand.

2. A Consulate will not issue a visa if you are currently in Thailand.

3. If such a visa were issued it would not be valid or accepted by immigration.

4. You will need paperwork to obtain a non immigrant visa wherever you apply.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I am self employed and plan to stay and work in Thailand. I am not married to a Thai. Single, 24 yr old, male. Will a non-B allow me to travel in and out of the country with no issues?

If your not staying for more than two weeks at a time, a visa waiver will fine, hoever the fact you have stated you intend to work here, you will need a Non-imm B and a WP...and you dont have the grounds to be issued one unless you get a job in Thailand and you do know shipping your passport back to US without you to get a visa put in it is illegal if you are still in Thailand and dont believe you can do on-line visa's for Thailand anyway