But What Do Some Thais Expect From Their Health Service?

baboon

Just back from the Emergency Room with the wife and my three year old daughter. My daughter was complaining of a minor pain in her ear, so off to the hospital it had to be, according to the wife.

To cut a long story short, my daughter was seen to and dealt with quickly and we were out of the place within an hour. This was at ten o' clock at night, yet my wife was complaining about the lousy service. This was at Udomsakdi hospital in Chumphon.

What more could be possibly expected from a Government institution?

Long time ago, when I was young a very simple idea dawned on me:

" Any thing free coming from the Gov't is not worth having"

Luckily fresh air, sunshine, water may be still free... Hmm...water?

"What do they expect"?

What they get is....TABLETS, tablets, tablets and more tablets... .good for the liver and kidneys hey?w00t.gif

I have about 1 kg of the bloody things in my fridge. Mostly antibiotics and analgesics. If I had taken them all I probably wouldn't be around any more.

Told my wife to throw them out, but you know them, - can't eat, but can't throw out...

• Like 1

Service can be different from correct treatment. Public hospitals rarely prioritize being patient and friendly. You may get the correct treatment (or not), but you won't know cause the doctor won't bother explaining anything to you. This is common in all public hospitals around the world.