Need Advice On Shop Business Gf Want Give To Me

Hi, I got old friend, girl in pattaya, shes got few businesses, most in to money exchange booths, she is doing quite well i guess, not know exact how much but not that point.

She got nice shop, on jomtien beach rd. somewhere between some massage and next to 7/11

She put some money to decorate it like build rooms and toilet, now is puting tiles, i think spend over 100 000 on decorate, rent is 30 000 or 35 month cant rember now

She want do there like herbal house, sell natural products, like coconut oils, may b some soaps,

She sowed me photo, looked like one of thoes http://photos.wikimapia.org/p/00/02/42/68/79_full.jpeg

She says russians like it :)

Anyway she is too busy with her exchange business, and she says I can have herbal shop, like she gives to me, so I can buy stock, get thai employee, and just look after it kind of thing,

She allows me to take profits, even she rented out and decorated, so basically its ready shop all it needs is stock banner and employee, which is not much problem to find.

So I think its worth for try for me

I d'like to hear some opinions business wise, please dont tell me any other personal things :)

any ideas how much shop like this can make ?

I would do it not for big profits but just so I can support myself

thing is would shop make enough to pay employee and rent? and still something left ?

May b u guys who live in patts could popt in to one of those thai natural shops and do some charity work for me like see what they sell and what some example prices :) any help be appreciated

thx

She allows me to take profits

Are you sure about this. How does your friend make money from this bilateral enterprise?

I would do it not for big profits but just so I can support myself

Mind-boggling. Can your friend set me up in business too?

she dont need it, not bothers her as she is getting profits from other businesses..

i doubt that

Are you serious??

are you familier with del shannon's hit[RUNNAWAY]or as puuchai ask's take what john mcenroe said

you cant be serious,or you can take the korgis hit EVERYBODY'S GOT TO LEARN SOMETIME.

OP:

Ask her for the financial records of the shop so you can see for yourself. Now shes not going to have an "annual report" or anything, but she should at least have something, maybe even hand-written, that shows the history of her sales vs her costs. If she doesn't have any history of sales to give you, then I would never take her offer.

Its common practice when taking over someones business that they show you what the shop has made in profit in the past.

You would have to assume that this shop is NOT very profitable, or at least not as profitable as her "other businesses"...otherwise why would she want you to take over? I doubt its just because she is too busy or just wants to do something out of the goodness of her heart.

Edited by kblaze

whistling.gif Yes it's possible but you must understand this:

1. You can't OWN the business. The best you can get is 49% ownership max.

2. You can't RUN the business, it is probably a business that is prohibited to a foreigner. Retail shops usually are prohibited.

3, Since she is the owner, she can sell or close the business if and when SHE wants to.

Now with those limitations, you can decide whether or not you want to invest money into that business with her as owner,

whistling.gif

Edited by IMA_FARANG

The proposed business arrangement between you and her isn't clear to me. Can you give a bit more detail? Also, it seems that the business hasn't yet traded and so there is no financial or other track record. However, she is local and seems to have a good business sense so her hunch may be accurate.

I assume that you don't know anything about the style of business and it may be difficult to find employees who do and whom you can trust with cash. Perhaps your friend would act as an advisor for you. In any event, you would need a manager because I doubt that you would be able to get the proper authority to work there yourself.

You should create a spreadsheet of known and anticipated costs and probable income. Also a narrative plan. There are templates available from the internet. Business plans should be very cautious and certainly not emotionally optimistic.

If you are prepared to risk some money, are prepared to stand over staff all day and can do this within the law, why not have a go?

OP:

Ask her for the financial records of the shop so you can see for yourself. Now shes not going to have an "annual report" or anything, but she should at least have something, maybe even hand-written, that shows the history of her sales vs her costs. If she doesn't have any history of sales to give you, then I would never take her offer.

Its common practice when taking over someones business that they show you what the shop has made in profit in the past.

You would have to assume that this shop is NOT very profitable, or at least not as profitable as her "other businesses"...otherwise why would she want you to take over? I doubt its just because she is too busy or just wants to do something out of the goodness of her heart.

its brand new shop, never had single sale, its refurbrish, in good location jomtien beach, looks nice inside outside

thats is she that paid for all

all shop needs is stock and employee, and thats is what she offer me to do it, and i can have that shop

The proposed business arrangement between you and her isn't clear to me. Can you give a bit more detail? Also, it seems that the business hasn't yet traded and so there is no financial or other track record. However, she is local and seems to have a good business sense so her hunch may be accurate.

I assume that you don't know anything about the style of business and it may be difficult to find employees who do and whom you can trust with cash. Perhaps your friend would act as an advisor for you. In any event, you would need a manager because I doubt that you would be able to get the proper authority to work there yourself.

You should create a spreadsheet of known and anticipated costs and probable income. Also a narrative plan. There are templates available from the internet. Business plans should be very cautious and certainly not emotionally optimistic.

If you are prepared to risk some money, are prepared to stand over staff all day and can do this within the law, why not have a go?

yes new business, nice shop inside out, never traded

well simple thing, she just want give it to me, like i pay stock... she is not much bothered how much i give her from it or anything like that, she would not let me anywhere near her exchange business, but shop she cant be bother, she thought she can do it, but looks like too busy, and she want i can live in pattaya, so she gives me shop

well i be on tourist visa, so i dont plan like really working, but i want to be in shop like on laptop in my room there, may b help move some things, may b go order stock, things like i can get away with

not like serving customer... got staff to do it

she would help me with things still, like find staff, etc. ...

i think its oportunity worth try, not much to loose

thanks for help all

yes new business, nice shop inside out, never traded

well simple thing, she just want give it to me, like i pay stock... she is not much bothered how much i give her from it or anything like that, she would not let me anywhere near her exchange business, but shop she cant be bother, she thought she can do it, but looks like too busy, and she want i can live in pattaya, so she gives me shop

well i be on tourist visa, so i dont plan like really working, but i want to be in shop like on laptop in my room there, may b help move some things, may b go order stock, things like i can get away with

not like serving customer... got staff to do it

she would help me with things still, like find staff, etc. ...

i think its oportunity worth try, not much to loose

thanks for help all

not much to loose are you that nieve,why dont you do something useful with your money if you want to give it away because thats what your goner do.go and see father ray at the pattaya orphanage now that will be money well spent.as the saying goes,ONE BORN EVERY MINUTE.

On a tourist visa and working in a shop, mataleo? You'll last two weeks, if you're lucky, before you are arrested and possibly deported.

That's spot on right!

I think that some deep research is needed.