Foreigner Killed In Bangkok Bar Fight

webfact

We all know how this went down so let's stop the BS please :

Spicy,Boss and Bossy are all owned by high-ranking Policemen.There's a table of off-duty Police in there and an Arab drunk guy,Arab drunk guy's probably been groping girls all night and been turned down by more than a few!

He's probably looking for trouble anyway,doesn't want to pay his bill or maybe he's told,very politely,to stop giving the girls a hard time.He flies into a rage because he's a tough guy Arab who can't handle his drink and comes out swinging,maybe picks up a bottle or glass and threatens the off-duty Police Officer.

Police Officer not wanting to get hurt,draws his gun and shoots a few rapid-fire shots,unfortunately there is some collateral damage to some innocent bystanders but the job is done and the Arab is down.

Self-defense,end of story,move along please nothing more to see here!

You should be a fiction writer.

If he was, the book would be in the has-been bin heavily discounted.

A tragic accident. The Arab was almost certainly lost and had stopped to ask directions. Everybody knows that Arabs do not frequent bars that serve alcohol and have scantily clad tarts everywhere.

I'm with you jaidam. I'm sure all those Arabs I see around Soi Nana Sukhumvit aren't really Arabs, but westerners in 'drag', just out for a meal and glass of lemonade..............at 3.00 am!!

RIP.

My first question would be: what was a group of Thai males doing at Spicy?

Regular Thai guys out for a drink or a bit of fun, wouldn't be caught dead in Spicy.

Why? Because they have a million other options to choose from, that are devoid of foreigners.

Maybe they were pimps or the pimp's mates? Friends of taxi drivers?

RIP.

My first question would be: what was a group of Thai males doing at Spicy?

Regular Thai guys out for a drink or a bit of fun, wouldn't be caught dead in Spicy.

Why? Because they have a million other options to choose from, that are devoid of foreigners.

Maybe they were pimps or the pimp's mates? Friends of taxi drivers?

Maybe they were invited there by a falang....................wink.png

Not unheard off.............

I was at Spicy a few months ago on a night when the BIB basically shut down Soi 11. The thing that struck me was just how drunk and aggressive the crowd was in there. It doesn't surprise me that there are guys packing heat in there.

Anyway, the club is over crowded and has a crappy bar layout. Definitely wouldn't go there again.

I was at Spicy a few months ago on a night when the BIB basically shut down Soi 11. The thing that struck me was just how drunk and aggressive the crowd was in there. It doesn't surprise me that there are guys packing heat in there.

Anyway, the club is over crowded and has a crappy bar layout. Definitely wouldn't go there again.

I find that Spicy gets busiest when the police shut down other late night venues. Not a good time to go cos they don't give a monkey's about safety. They just want to pack in as many people as possible regardless of fire exits etc.

A lot of Thai guys go to Swing just over the road from Spicy. It shuts at 10 or 11am.

I love that place - Yeah it's a bit seedy but the atmosphere can be fantastic. The Thai guys are cool; no probs.

Any trouble that does start usually does so when pissed up non-Thais go too far. When I say non-Thais, I mean whites, blacks, Arabs whatever - no one race has a monopoly of drinking too much and trying to grope the wrong bird.

Spicy's on Soi 11,since when?Think we may be talking about a different Spicy here,the one I've always been to is in the middle of nowhere!

Spicy's on Soi 11,since when?Think we may be talking about a different Spicy here,the one I've always been to is in the middle of nowhere!
I'm guessing he means Climax which is on Sukhumvit soi 11 and used to be called Spice (not Spicey).

It's in Nakhon Pathom.

Strange, Yes. He just blurted it out like it was something he's wanted to say for a long time. I've lived overseas too long and in too many places to give it much thought.

I was thrown out of a bar in Japan as I walked in. In Japanese the own/barman simply looked up and said, "No foreigners." I turned around and left taking my business elsewhere. If he doesn't want my business, I don't want to give it to him. I've also left a disco in China where there was a strong feeling of hostility. What do I need to prove? That I'm as big an a-h0le as they are. Nah!

asupeartea, on 29 May 2013 - 08:51, said:

My Thai girlfriend bought me a small and easily hidden razor cutter, the kind kids have in their stationary bags to cut paper. No explanation but she DID think I should always carry it. I don't but I might start. Perhaps the Libyan didn't realize that Thailand is such a dangerous place and he should have been armed himself.

2 weeks ago I was in a new coffee shop in the new gas station and chatting with an old guy. His family was with him. He asked if I speak Thai and I said that I speak a little. Then, out of the blue, he said, "you know people around here don't like foreigners." His daughter/granddaughter understood and turned bright red. My response was quite Asian, I nodded and said, "I see," and then excused myself and left.

Where was this gas station? A very, very strange thing to say I have to say...what was wrong with this guy?
Thanks for your reply. Well, that's racist (what you encountered in Japan in particular and to a lesser extent China).

I have also lived in Kunming, China. I went to a few bars there, never felt out of place. However, there are times when the doormen don't want foreigners in their clubs but only after a foreigner does something stupid like piss behind the DJ booth because he didn't like the music. Still, this is not politically correct - if a Chinese patron pissed behind a DJ booth in a New York or Sydney bar, would they suddenly ban all Asians from entering (after all, all Chinese look the same and all Asians are Chinese, right?)

Can you explain the feeling of hostility you felt at that disco in China, which city it was in and when you went there? Because about a year ago now, there was a bit of a foreigner backlash due to various incidents involving foreigners (mostly criminal or anti-social acts) but generally speaking things are back to normal now.

A tragic accident. The Arab was almost certainly lost and had stopped to ask directions. Everybody knows that Arabs do not frequent bars that serve alcohol and have scantily clad tarts everywhere.

I'm with you jaidam. I'm sure all those Arabs I see around Soi Nana Sukhumvit aren't really Arabs, but westerners in 'drag', just out for a meal and glass of lemonade..............at 3.00 am!!
Arabs are basically westerners i.e. Caucasians with bigger noses and slightly olive colored skin and usually black hair, although many Lebanese look almost identical to westerners i.e. white skin, blond hair and blue or green eyes.

Some countries I have been to (Belize, Philippines) have metal detectors outside some night clubs. In Thailand no one wants this because it is well known that the high rollers won't come without goons and guns.

In China too despite the fact that guns are almost impossible for the average citizen to get their hands on. Of course knives are another concern and unlike guns, they are obviously quite readily available to the average Chinese person. Having said that, violent crime in nightclubs is quite rare there. There are always lots of police or security type people walking around, which is quite the contrary to the wimpy "bouncers" they have in Thailand that are like 5 foot tall and skinny as hell.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

... And again it is common sense that the locals resent the foreign males here.And a club where they are drinking and there are Thai ladies is a bad combination. Let them have it. There are plenty other bars and clubs.

Where the heck do people get this supposed common sense??? I've been to countless Thai-oriented bars--sometimes the only farang present--and I've had nothing but positive experiences. Man, you must be petrified stepping into a Tawandang. I went to one with a Singaporean friend, and I had several women sending over 'welcome' notes (and, no, I look nothing like Brad Pitt). The one I ended up hanging out with was a 'regular girl' with a day job and uni education. I've been to other bars where I've ended up drinking with some decent Thai guys (and no, I was not the 'wallet' for the evening). I've never had a hint of a problem. I have observed, however, farangs acting as if they are 'gods' (yes, I'm a farang), 'aggressively' hitting on women, dominating the dancing area (if there is one), and I can see this testing the patience of the locals. Happens even in Singapore where I live. Just last night, I was at a popular bar here, and there was a group of drunken white guys (albeit well-dressed) who hit on just about every attractive girl in the place, including girls who were there with local guys! Acting as if this was there playground and they could do whatever they want (jumping on stage, trying to high-five with complete strangers, etc.) ... but they actually looked like 'normal guys' (not yobs). Got on my nerves just watching it. I can only imagine how a local would feel watching their antics ... in Singapore or in Thailand.

Bit of a pointless exercise really in Singapore,as those Straits Chinese girls are all as cold as a wet fish!rolleyes.gif

What about those Straits Indian girls then?

Expensive resorts offer bulletproof wests for free, if you go out !!!

Is that actually true?

Are bullet-proof vests actually sold anywhere in Bangkok, and how would one know whether they actually are bullt-proof or fake?

Look at the label,if it says "Made in China"...

What a relief...mine say "Made in Nigeria".

... And again it is common sense that the locals resent the foreign males here.And a club where they are drinking and there are Thai ladies is a bad combination. Let them have it. There are plenty other bars and clubs.

Where the heck do people get this supposed common sense??? I've been to countless Thai-oriented bars--sometimes the only farang present--and I've had nothing but positive experiences. Man, you must be petrified stepping into a Tawandang. I went to one with a Singaporean friend, and I had several women sending over 'welcome' notes (and, no, I look nothing like Brad Pitt). The one I ended up hanging out with was a 'regular girl' with a day job and uni education. I've been to other bars where I've ended up drinking with some decent Thai guys (and no, I was not the 'wallet' for the evening). I've never had a hint of a problem. I have observed, however, farangs acting as if they are 'gods' (yes, I'm a farang), 'aggressively' hitting on women, dominating the dancing area (if there is one), and I can see this testing the patience of the locals. Happens even in Singapore where I live. Just last night, I was at a popular bar here, and there was a group of drunken white guys (albeit well-dressed) who hit on just about every attractive girl in the place, including girls who were there with local guys! Acting as if this was there playground and they could do whatever they want (jumping on stage, trying to high-five with complete strangers, etc.) ... but they actually looked like 'normal guys' (not yobs). Got on my nerves just watching it. I can only imagine how a local would feel watching their antics ... in Singapore or in Thailand.

Bit of a pointless exercise really in Singapore,as those Straits Chinese girls are all as cold as a wet fish!rolleyes.gif

What about those Straits Indian girls then?

The Indian girls are normally friendly but I know from living in Goa many,many moons ago that you can't do anything with them!w00t.gif