Windsor Upvc Windows And Doors

Thailsacien

Hi all,

Does someone have any experience with Windsor uPVC doors and windows?

I'm planning to change all alu-framed w&d at our house and I've asked Windsor and an other company (the one on the 2nd ring road, driving to the West after the underpass of Hangdong road) for a quote.

The Windsor measuring team came to our house and looked very professional. They seem to know their job.

The others, well.... a mix of Mr Bean and Laurel&Hardy blink.png

I've seen other topics in the "Do it yourself" forum, but I would like to hear some real experience.

I could find some topics in the CM forum about PVC WIndows 2 months ago. But it seems they have disappeared?

Are there other reliable uPVC suppliers in CM?

Thanks for your answers

Global House has a reasonable stock of UPVC doors and windows

Maybe worth talking to them, also made to measure and checking out the quality

If i can downgrade "reasonable" to "limited"

I was checking them out earlier this week. the quality looks good, either sliders or sashes with integral flyscreens but there appeared to be only 3 standard sizes. (their wood ones were the same and many shelves empty)

by all means go to look but really you need bespoke when it comes to plastic replacements unless you need a one off when building something new.

I was impressed with the grey powder coat ally windows with blue mirrored glass. in the right context they would look the dogs <deleted>

• Like 1

In this climate, UPVC (a fancy word for plastic) window frames have a greatly reduced lifespan due to the intense sun so aluminum is strongly recommended. The only other realistic option is machined old teak but that is hard to find and very expensive. I had two windows done in teak, rest all aluminum. Maintenance free so far (5 years).

• Like 1

I wasn't very taken with the quality of the PVC units at Global House. The brand is "Wellington" which I think is an OEM product they are having made in China. The price is sharp but the finish and details show it.

• Like 1

In this climate, UPVC (a fancy word for plastic) window frames have a greatly reduced lifespan due to the intense sun so aluminum is strongly recommended. The only other realistic option is machined old teak but that is hard to find and very expensive. I had two windows done in teak, rest all aluminum. Maintenance free so far (5 years).

Upvc is not a fancy word for pvc, the U stands for unplasticized which means it is more rigid, is weather resistant and does not decompose smile.png

What is available at Global House is Chinese crap, not made to measure, and try to find someone to install them. By the way Global House isn't cheap anymore with their products. ( price compared to quality)

What concerns Windsor, they are a Thai company using Thai extruded Upvc profiles and deliver a cheap product. Keep in mind , you get what you pay for.

Upvc is a cheap product to produce, the way the companies cut their cost is with the steel profiles that need to be inserted in the Upvc profiles to give it it's strenght.

You can use a thinner steel profile or a smaller steel profile or no steel at all, like the profiles at Global House, as the customer can't see what's inside.

This post http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/640377-upvc-window-companies-in-thailand-who-is-good-who-is-not/?p=6452480 explains a little how Windsor saves on it's costs.

Edited by jbrain

im interested in having some double glazing,were is global house please,and why were at it windsors as well thank you.

The WIndsor showroom is on the third ring road, at the intersection with the road 1001.

If you drive from Meechock Plaza on road 1001 heading north, turn right on road 121, the showroom is on your right side.