Upvc Window Companies In Thailand- Who Is Good, Who Is Not?

jeffandgop

I will be building a 1-story home in Chiang Mai starting in a couple of months. Thru Internet research I have come up with the following list of Thailand sources....I would appreciate any comments/experiences you may have had with:

1. TRADE UPVC WINDOWS & DOORS

2. A.R.C.

3. EUROPVC WINDOWS & DOORS

4. VIGNET

5. KING/REGENT INTER CORP

6. WINDSOR (I have visited their BKK showroom).

And if you have any other recommendations on uPVC windows I'll gladly accept them.....Thank you.

Edited by lopburi3
correct font

I will be building a 1-story home in Chiang Mai starting in a couple of months. Thru Internet research I have come up with the following list of Thailand sources....I would appreciate any comments/experiences you may have had with:

1. TRADE UPVC WINDOWS & DOORS

2. A.R.C.

3. EUROPVC WINDOWS & DOORS

4. VIGNET

5. KING/REGENT INTER CORP

6. WINDSOR (I have visited their BKK showroom).

And if you have any other recommendations on uPVC windows I'll gladly accept them.....Thank you.

What did you think about the Windsor products? I can choose them for my new build but would like to know how they compare.

Windsor sliding doors (and perhaps sliding doors in general) have too much play where the bottom of the doors ride on the tracks. When all the bugs come out to play the night after a heavy rain the smaller ones can make their way into the house. I have to stuff towels in the open side of the track tight against the door to keep hundreds of bugs out. Also of course, cooling losses and noise pollution. If I ever build a new house I will use French doors rather than sliders.

I'm glad you have told me that. My house is scheduled to be built with two Windsor sliding doors. I didn't like them because they seemed to flex to much in the center of the vertical sides. I could fit my fist in. Ill look for French doors instead.

Has anyone seen any real sturdy doors?

Windsor sliding doors (and perhaps sliding doors in general) have too much play where the bottom of the doors ride on the tracks. When all the bugs come out to play the night after a heavy rain the smaller ones can make their way into the house. I have to stuff towels in the open side of the track tight against the door to keep hundreds of bugs out. Also of course, cooling losses and noise pollution. If I ever build a new house I will use French doors rather than sliders.

I don't think what you desribe is a problem solely with Windsor. Sliding doors will always have a few mm space below as the rollers will be a lower as the rest of the frame.To avoid that they should add brush seals inside the top and bottom of the profiles

I'm glad you have told me that. My house is scheduled to be built with two Windsor sliding doors. I didn't like them because they seemed to flex to much in the center of the vertical sides. I could fit my fist in. Ill look for French doors instead.

The problem you describe is because the steel inside the profles isn't cut the way it should.The coorect way is to have a steel profile from top to bottom which has cut a hole in it where the door handle sits. This take time and some craftmanship to do, it is much easier and cheaper to just have a piece of steel at the top and one at the bottom with nothing for 30 cm in the middle, but it makes your profile unstable.

Additiionally those Thai Upvc companies just insert a piece of steel in the profiles which hasn't the exact dimensions of the outer profile.If you go for a big brandname they should use a steel which has the exact shape and size of the space inside.

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 1

I'm not sure how the Windsor sliding doors work ... I have 3 Sliding doors installed

by ARC, and so far they look very sturdy and appear to be sealing 100%.

I also have one swing door. Please see the other thread I have posted some pics

there. (http://www.thaivisa....ows-in-pattaya/)

I am in Pattaya and happy to show of my installation to anybody interested, just

send me a PM. ARC has also a very comprehensive show room on Sukhumvit,

close to North Pattaya road.

Cheers,

luudee

jbrain - Yeah I figured it would be sliding doors in general with a the gap at the bottom.

Khun Jean - Both sections of the sliding doors I purchased slide. Not that I asked for that, it is just how the came. And I did not opt for insect screens.

Mike45 - Good revision Mike. Especially if your new build is in the country, a lot more bugs.

I would also highly recommend upgrading the locking mechanisms to the higher spec. It is expensive to upgrade but the standard locking mechanisms are crap. The upgraded locks are multi-point and must be fitted during door/window construction. You'll thank yourself later when you've forgotten about the money.