Swedish Muay Thai Fighter Found Dead On Koh Lanta

webfact

Swedish Muay Thai fighter found dead on Koh Lanta
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- The body of a Swedish Muay Thai fighter was found yesterday at the popular tourist island Koh Lanta, across the bay from Phuket.

Police and rescue workers arrived at a rental room at the Otto Bar after receiving a report of a dead foreigner. Police named the man as “Kasper Pobias Byreborg”, 29.

“We believe he had been dead for about two days,” said Pittaya Chariyanukol of the Koh Lanta Police.

Mr Byreborg’s right hand was grasping a syringe, while his left held a small empty alcohol bottle, about 100cc, Lt Pittaya said.

The fighter, who had been training at Lanta Gym according to the bar owner, had track marks on his left arm.

“There was no trace of a struggle in the room,” Lt Pittaya said.

“Mr Byreborg came here to train for Muay Thai. He checked in alone to a rental room behind my bar on May 24. The last time I saw him was on May 26,” Payuntara Chanpukdee, owner of the Otto Bar, said.

Ms Payuntara checked in on Mr Byreborg’s room when she noticed a stench emanating from inside.

“When I opened the door, I found his body,” she said.

Police have yet to confirm the cause of death.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Swedish-Muay-Thai-fighter-found-dead-on-Koh-Lanta-21189.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-05-30

Friendly reminder:

Never travel to Thailand or you will die.

Been coming here since 1970 and now live here please expain why your post is so wrong

Well, sounds to me like your odds are pretty high to die in Thailand but not because it's Thailand but rather due to the fact that we are all mortal. Never mind.

Hope you enjoy living in the Kingdom as much as I do despite the horror szenarios in the Farang press and community. Farang lakorn. wink.png

Do you seriously keep a grip on the syringe in your hand when in death throes.......

And a grip on the ampule with your left?

A good shot of morphine or other opiate. Yes. If that was what it was then you could just go into a deep sleep and stop breathing. Morphina, the Goddess of sleep, and a respiratory depressant would be a gentle death. any dead were found with needles in the arm. But it could be a set up too, hell what do I know.

Bad stuff.

Do you seriously keep a grip on the syringe in your hand when in death throes.......

The even stranger thing is the syringe in one hand and then an "small bottle with alcohol" in the other ?

What was he gonna do, inject alcohol ?

A cotton-ball and a bottle of alcohol or a syringe and an ampule would be more logical.

Anyhow, clearly suicide.

Heroin addicts that have been found dead, usually still have the syringe in their hand at time of death, due to the quick uptake of the heroin. My brother was a heroin user, and I often saw him in the family home inject, then go on the nod, still holding the syringe until I would take it off him. He was only allowed to do it in my home in a bedroom, because I had a fear of him overdosing and dying in a gutter. He got through, and is now clean, and shares his story of an11 year battle at NA. So yes, more than probable outcome.

Are you kidding me? I am a full time Muay Thai coach and have been in the sport for over 20 years. Sadly, I have met more junkies in boxing/muay thai than in rock bands. It starts with injuries, getting hooked on pain killers, and eventually turning to harder stuff when the pills aren't available. Did you ever see the 'Smashing Machine'? It was a doco about MMA fighter Mark Kerr and his struggle with opiate addiction. That said, the circumstances do sound fishy. Junkies do die with the needle in their arm quite often. If they are used to getting 'stepped on' products back home and then find a batch that is super pure, it is bound to happen. The ugly truth of ALL pro sports is steroid use and pain killers. Nobody wants to admit it until stuff like this happens. BTW--quite a few of my Thai trainers are usually stoned while on the job holding pads too. Don't act like Thai gyms are a Buddhist temple. There is more dirt than you think.

Agree with you regarding Thai gyms. Some gyms I trained at the Thai trainers never made it for the morning session but rather just woke up in time for the afternoon session. Then started drinking Again just after training. Felt sorry for the young Thai boxers who lived and trained there.

Are you kidding me? I am a full time Muay Thai coach and have been in the sport for over 20 years. Sadly, I have met more junkies in boxing/muay thai than in rock bands. It starts with injuries, getting hooked on pain killers, and eventually turning to harder stuff when the pills aren't available. Did you ever see the 'Smashing Machine'? It was a doco about MMA fighter Mark Kerr and his struggle with opiate addiction. That said, the circumstances do sound fishy. Junkies do die with the needle in their arm quite often. If they are used to getting 'stepped on' products back home and then find a batch that is super pure, it is bound to happen. The ugly truth of ALL pro sports is steroid use and pain killers. Nobody wants to admit it until stuff like this happens. BTW--quite a few of my Thai trainers are usually stoned while on the job holding pads too. Don't act like Thai gyms are a Buddhist temple. There is more dirt than you think.

Good to see a piece written by someone who knows what he is talking. Well written

too much conjecture ...thank christ no one was injured except him ....could have been driving a bike ....by tomorrow all will be forgotten ...except by his family members ...who more than likely have suffered because of this turd .. ready for the wowsers and the give a shits