Norwegian Proves His Love For Thailand With A Tattoo

webfact

Norwegian Proved His Love For Thailand With A Tattoo

nor.jpeg
Image: Khaosod online

BANGKOK: -- Eager to prove that a minor incident involving a rude Thai bus driver during a recent trip to Thailand did not affect his love for the country, a Norwegian man sent a photo of the tattoo on the back of his neck which reads "I Love Thailand".

Ms. Monnapa Navatong, official from Tourist Assistance Center, under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Tourism and Sports, in Phuket province showed the picture to our correspondent.

She said she had received complaint from a Norwegian tourist, identified as Mr. Jon Helga Vaeng, about impolite behavior of a bus driver he encountered.

She said she had told Mr. Vaeng the matter has been dealt with, and hoped the incident would not be a bad stain on Mr. Vaeng′s experience in Thailand.

In a reply, Mr. Vaeng assured her that he understood Thai people are generally friendly, and the bus driver was an isolated bad apple. He also attached photo of his tattoo to underscore his point.

Ms. Monnapa said she is very surprised and glad to see the photo. She said she has forwarded the picture to Mr. Somsak Purisrisak, Minister of Sports and Tourism.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNMk9Ua3hOREk0TXc9PQ

-- Khaosod Online 2013-05-31

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another point scored in the vain attempt to ingratiate himself with the locals and at the same time inpress his empty headed friends who will think this is cool.

Neck tattoos might even become compulsory for long staying foreigners; a small barcode could easily be scanned at the airport and at immigration. Handy during clampdowns and purges too. Perhaps they could start off with having us wear an armband for easier identification while we are in country.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

FarangTalk, on 31 May 2013 - 07:05, said:

Another point scored in the vain attempt to ingratiate himself with the locals and at the same time inpress his empty headed friends who will think this is cool.

Neck tattoos might even become compulsory for long staying foreigners; a small barcode could easily be scanned at the airport and at immigration. Handy during clampdowns and purges too. Perhaps they could start off with having us wear an armband for easier identification while we are in country.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes all foreigners should wear a t-shirt with the country they are from on the front so a Chinese person would be wearing a t-shirt with a Chinese flag and the word "China", while a Swiss visitor would obviously have a Swiss flag and the word "Switzerland" on the front. These t-shirts would be handed out at immigration checkpoints upon entering the country. Good idea huh?
  • Like 1

In the unfortunate event that he ever has a run-in with the authorities (immigration) and ends with a nice PNG stamp in his passport, I wonder will he keep it?

Lazer removal in that area will definitely make sure he is paying attention...................thumbsup.gif

This is akin to people getting past girlfriend names tattooed on their bodies; a reminder of past mistakes is the usual outcome...........wink.png

• Like 1

Dumbass! Love affairs never last as long as a tattoo. Maybe sucking up to Thai people will get him some points except they will only see it when he turns to leave. He should have gotten it on his forehead so all Thai people will know he loves Thailand when they see him coming. Also, employers love to hire people with neck tattoos. Dumbass!

while i think the tattoo is ridiculous, i think the highlighted statement equally so.

we don't all aspire to the life of a salaryman, some of us actually do make our own opportunities

...and my toast got burned, this morning! coffee1.gif

oh my condolences, is there anything I can do?

Report it to The Nation and make sure it will be in the "News"- section, like the cr@p OP?!

• Like 2

Well, it actually says Thailand which isn't too bad.

I could have been like lots of others......Nok, Fon, Sexy Suzy Wong et al.......all very regrettable and hard to forget......the pain in the neck won't go away.

Edited by uptheos

If there's anything positive to be said about this young man it is that at least he had it done in place where it can easily be concealed by letting his hair grow a bit (if he ever realizes how stupid he was to get this tattoo in the first place).

• Like 1