Lamborghini Crash Survivor: Amulet Saved My Life

webfact

So many amulets about that it must keep the monks busy making with the magic words and sprinkling of holy water. I wonder what their commission rate is.

Which has nothing to do with a guy driving an expensive car too fast in inclement weather and dodgy road conditions and bending it big time.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee guys....

1) Many Thai people believe in their amulets. It's a part of their culture. Get over it!

2) We know nothing about his driving skills. And seeing he was going to his fathers funeral he might not have been in his normal state of mind.

Really don't understand why so many of you feel the need to judge him.

Embracing scientific rationalism is widely known to improve standard of living for many. In Thailand, it's a very unrepresentative Thai who is driving that brand of car. It's just food for thought for people regarding the uniqueness of Thai culture. Most people who spend the kind of money this guy has spent are connoisseurs in the automotive world. This guy doesn't appear to know the first thing about his car. By scientific standards, amulet magic is a fairly funny concept, much like the belief that the number thirteen should be associated with bad luck.

May I inquire: do you believe in objectivity, or is science merely a cultural anomaly?

Edited by Unkomoncents

"He said he was wearing Great Garuda amulet, surrounded by tiny diamonds,at the time of the accident, which he believed contributed to his miraculous survival."

How about trading in one of those tiny diamonds for a set of rain tires so next time the Lambo survives as well? w00t.gif

What are "rain tyres".

Tires specifically designed to prevent aquaplaning. If you do not know this, I hope you leave your car in the garage when it pours or at least wear 4 amulets when you hit the road. whistling.gif

Gee guys....

1) Many Thai people believe in their amulets. It's a part of their culture. Get over it!

2) We know nothing about his driving skills. And seeing he was going to his fathers funeral he might not have been in his normal state of mind.

Embracing scientific rationalism is widely known to improve standard of living for many. In Thailand, it's a very unrepresentative Thai who is driving that brand of car. It's just food for thought for people regarding the uniqueness of Thai culture. Most people who spend the kind of money this guy has spent are connoisseurs in the automotive world. This guy doesn't appear to know the first thing about his car. By scientific standards, amulet magic is a fairly funny concept, much like the belief that the number thirteen should be associated with bad luck.

May I inquire: do you believe in objectivity, or is science merely a cultural anomaly?

Objectivity is how the real world really is while "science" may be distorted by lobbyism. rolleyes.gif

Lamborghini Aventador price in USA and UK - 11,000,000 baht

Lamborghini Aventador price in Thailand - 34,000,000 baht.

Shame the amulet doesnt protect the brain from being ripped off.

The joys of import duty (I do wonder how they get away with that level of import duty as a member of the WTO), and not allowing the import of used cars.

The owners make a lot of it back when they sell. i.e. For what you get when you sell a 4 year old BMW here, you can get a brand new one in the UK, and have money left over.

Many don't, and instead buy them in Malaysia and then transport/ship them in in smaller pieces, engine and body separated etc. for much less in envelopes and handshakes.

Remember those Thais that have 8 figures of baht to spent on a toy will know people, and be able to easily buy those they don't. smile.png

Really? Strange because car prices in Malaysia for foreign cars are as equally prohibitive to Thailand. And all just to keep Proton in business.

Seems strange that someone would buy a car in Malaysia for the same price as Thailand, cut it up, smuggle it into Thailand illegally, bribe officials in the process and then have some backstreet mechanic try to put it together again and then if they manage to do that you have to drive it around Thailand illegally as it wont have gone through the correct import channels.

Seems far more logical just to pop down to your local showroom and pick one up in one piece with a manufacturer 3 year warranty.

Not only that but taking but the engine isnt going to make the dimensions of the chassis any smaller as the engine fits in it.

A quick google search tells me the Aventador is about 9 million baht cheaper in Malaysia

Edited by Spoonman

So many amulets about that it must keep the monks busy making with the magic words and sprinkling of holy water. I wonder what their commission rate is.

Which has nothing to do with a guy driving an expensive car too fast in inclement weather and dodgy road conditions and bending it big time.

Apart from the fact that the accident took place in Chonburi and not in Cheshire.

Gee guys....

Short answer: Amulets!

Longer answer: most people driving these are connoisseurs...? Scientific basis for this required please. And how do you know the Thai guy hasn't got a shed load of expensive cars and chose the black Aventador because he was going to a funeral.

if you want to have a go at rich boys who 'shouldn't be driving these cars', nip over to China. No amulets. Just shed loads of money.

The accident according to the description happened where they have just widen the road adding a short extra lane on the inside. Because of people u turning in the outside lane people go flying doen the inside. I wonder if this had anything to do with it.

This could be the same funeral as the MIL went to last night and is that the same black lambo that was parked at mega Bang Na last Saturday ? A superleggra ?

Yep same funeral.

People with the most money are the ones who least deserve it, haha. At least I can stand back and laugh about it sometimes. Maybe the extremely rich get out of touch with reality...seriously. An amulet, and a lambourghini on a straight road..sheesh...I think I am happy being an average guy!

Seen lots of guys with riches, but lacking in common sense....Common sense is more essential, enabling us to survive (with or without 'amulets!')

Edited by gemini81

People with the most money are the ones who least deserve it, haha. At least I can stand back and laugh about it sometimes. Maybe the extremely rich get out of touch with reality...seriously. An amulet, and a lambourghini on a straight road..sheesh...I think I am happy being an average guy!

Seen lots of guys with riches, but lacking in common sense....Common sense is more essential, enabling us to survive (with or without 'amulets!')

Small mercies I guess. At least he didn't take out a motorcyclist and drive home with him stuck to the windshield.

I see the haters are out in full force on this thread. Anybody know this guy? Ever met him? No? Thought so.

He thinks an AMULET helped him survive a CAR CRASH!

Want to met him?

No way!

I see the haters are out in full force on this thread. Anybody know this guy? Ever met him? No? Thought so.

Perhaps some of us are not haters, just that IF you drive this type of ride and have not been shown the ropes one will perhaps be in trouble. For sure. What folk are discussing is that on our daily driving we see xxxx, every day. Soooo, this guy was not in race mode but going to a funeral.

If you have driven a high HP ride you will know how easy it is to come unstuck. I have. laugh.png

Edited by metisdead
That four letter word pertaining to fecal matter is profanity as well.
  • Like 1

Yup.

Wife's uncle.

Is he a rich spolied tosser or a decent bloke then?

Want to met him?

No way!

I volunteer to be his chauffeur. His life will definitely be longer, amulet or no.

17 years and no dings. Touch wood. Where's my lucky piece of wood gone?

Edited by Thai at Heart

Want to met him?

No way!

I suppose NONE of your Thai friends believe in amulets then. Oh, that is if you have any.

• Like 2

Want to met him?

No way!

I certainly wouldn't want to be his passenger!

Want to met him?

No way!

Yes he's the only person in the world to crash a car ever.

The accident according to the description happened where they have just widen the road adding a short extra lane on the inside. Because of people u turning in the outside lane people go flying doen the inside. I wonder if this had anything to do with it.

This could be the same funeral as the MIL went to last night and is that the same black lambo that was parked at mega Bang Na last Saturday ? A superleggra ?

Yep same funeral.

Different car.

Surviving on a 30k baht pension every month, that is dwindling every minute....

• Like 1

Yep same funeral.

Different car.

Dunno. It was hard enough trying to understand what relation they were. biggrin.png

Want to met him?

No way!

She fled the scene. Underage apparently.

Want to met him?

No way!

I suppose NONE of your Thai friends believe in amulets then. Oh, that is if you have any.

Want to met him?

No way!

I would advise most people for that to be the case. :)