Lamborghini Crash Survivor: Amulet Saved My Life

webfact

Khun Darwin

I'm afraid modern science, medicine and political correctness have negated natural selection. Now the most inept, brainless, weak and the all round useless get to pass their genes on.
  • Like 1

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 million baht, guess the insurance company is looking for someone to repair, must be cheaper to repair here.? than scrap

Looks like rain, guess greasy and slipery

But nobody else crashed. This is down to him and his lack of driving skills. Seems that he was nearly rushing to his own funeral.

I think Lambo's are hand built, if so a repair would seem to be out of the question.

34 million baht, guess the insurance company is looking for someone to repair, must be cheaper to repair here.? than scrap

No way that cost 34 Million Thb ! Looks like it's a Gallardo 550/2010 Model @175kUSD which is approx 5.5 Million Thb...........

Edited by metisdead
Font size: 14

In most countries people that buy these things (super cars) have NO clue on how to drive them. I was in the auto industry and heard figures of 65% crash/total rate in the 1st year of ownership.

Maybe the other 35% use a different amulet.....

No way that cost 34 Million Thb ! Looks like it's a Gallardo 550/2010 Model @175kUSD which is approx 5.5 Million Thb...........

I wonder if they have a global repair deal for grey imports.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/aventador-wrecked-in-thailand-driver-says-lucky-amulet-saved-his-life-60448.html

post-9891-0-32223000-1370005618_thumb.jp

And yes, it probably did cost that guy 34 million baht. Thai prices, a bit higher than the real world.

He is truly lucky to have not been insured!! Was that a Lamborghini Gallardo Nero ????????

No. Looks like it used to be an Aventador to me.

Nero or dark grey? Difficult to tell from the photo.

Not sure I have this figured out - are the lucky Thai's the ones that have one amulet hanging around their neck - or the ones that look like they have a bunch of gold plated fishing weights hanging around their neck?

I hardly ever see them on women (maybe I haven't looked thoroughly enough - I'll try and do better) - so - does that mean they don't need them or do they just marry the guy with the most amulets hoping for the "shield" effect?

Not sure I have this figured out - are the lucky Thai's the ones that have one amulet hanging around their neck - or the ones that look like they have a bunch of gold plated fishing weights hanging around their neck?

I hardly ever see them on women (maybe I haven't looked thoroughly enough - I'll try and do better) - so - does that mean they don't need them or do they just marry the guy with the most amulets hoping for the "shield" effect?

They marry the guy who is well hung with amulets of course.

The obvious question being; why does the Great Garuda hate Lamborghinis so much.

He got pis*** off when they stopped making tractors.

The Great Enzo Ferrari did too.

Something to do with agrarian cooperatives.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/aventador-wrecked-in-thailand-driver-says-lucky-amulet-saved-his-life-60448.html

attachicon.gifaventador.jpg

And yes, it probably did cost that guy 34 million baht. Thai prices, a bit higher than the real world.

its an Aventador alright... 34 million about right in Thailand.

scroll down a few cars here...... Lambo's for sale

• Like 1

My God, such jealousy.A rich man has a car..and crashes it. Whooopeee

I don't know about anyone else ... but in my case it's not 'jealousy' but bemusement at someone who has had brains enough [needs citation] to get filthy rich (unless he was paying the car off and living in a 12x6 box) ... yet mind numbingly believes a piece of plastic and glass 'saved him'.
  • Like 1

I remember seeing guys in Korat a couple of years ago with up to a dozen or more amulets around their necks. I can imagine a scene in the doctor's waiting room. "So what's your problem mate?" ... "Sore neck"

• Like 1

It's time Thailand starts to build sportscars, those falang built sportcars are really unsafe whistling.gif

I know you're joking, but I've actually thought in the past that you could make serious money here doing just that.

i.e. Buy up the plans, jigs and moulds from somewhere like TVR, and build them in Thailand. (TVR sprang to mind as they were never built in huge volumes, and they've gone bust, so should be relatively cheap to get a hold of - and you could even hire some people that used to build them to show the new workers what to do...)

The main benefit of building it here would be there's plenty parts manufacturers around so you can source the necessary mechanical bits (or equivalents), and you'd have a car that would be significantly cheaper than all it's competitors as there's no sports car manufactured in ASEAN, so the only competition is cars with massive import duty.

I keep wondering why Proton doesn't build the occasional Lotus in Malaysia for the same reason.

I am reliably informed by someone who supplies weapons systems to the Thai airforce, that the pilots have this stuff in their planes and believe without question that they guarantee safety and victory. He told me this as he gave me an expensive amulet. I guess the recent helicopter crashers must have forgotten them.

Well, I better stock up on Great Garuda amulets that are set with tiny diamonds because it's gonna be the next big thing and I'm gonna be filthy rich selling them! ;-)

Demand for Great Garuda amulets that are set with tiny diamonds will be insufficient for you to make a profit on your investment.

Lamborghini Aventador price in USA and UK - 11,000,000 baht

Lamborghini Aventador price in Thailand - 34,000,000 baht.

Shame the amulet doesnt protect the brain from being ripped off.

The joys of import duty (I do wonder how they get away with that level of import duty as a member of the WTO), and not allowing the import of used cars.

The owners make a lot of it back when they sell. i.e. For what you get when you sell a 4 year old BMW here, you can get a brand new one in the UK, and have money left over.

• Like 1

Its an Aventador.

Gallardo in Thailand costs 15 million baht.

And it just so happens that he has 34 of these amulets for sale at 1 million each!

I'd prefer to have one of those amulets that make it impossible to be shot.

But you know, I've noticed they don't stop mosquito bites.. why is that? rolleyes.gif