Help On Regular Monthly Investment

Good afternoon TV Community!

This is my first post here, after reading many post in the business section, I did not find exactly what i was looking for, so i am starting a new thread smile.png

I have recently started a new job in BKK which remunerates much more than what I have been used to, which has left me with around 100'000 extra a month which I would like to invest. I have already set up a 20k recurring retirement plan, and a regular savings plan on mutual funds in Thailand with another 30k. I am left with 50k that I would like to invest and I am looking for suggestions on what to do with that in order to be able to invest that capital each month in order to diversfy my portfolio. I am in my late 20s and can tolerate high risk for better returns. Please note that my company pays my taxes for me so i do not need an investment with tax benefits.

FYI, I have already saved a discretionary savings account for cash to which i am also adding 20k a month, so I really am free to invest the full 100k previously mentionned.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Kiax

Edited by kiax

One caution - you say, in part that you "can tolerate high risk for better returns." In a previous life I was a financial planner and found that virtually everyone feels the same way in the abstract. The real measurement occurs when that same person goes through a real life, gut wrenching market downturn where they loose a significant portion of their investment.

That is the real test on how one actually feels about risk.

• Like 1

biggrin.png

One caution - you say, in part that you "can tolerate high risk for better returns." In a previous life I was a financial planner and found that virtually everyone feels the same way in the abstract. The real measurement occurs when that same person goes through a real life, gut wrenching market downturn where they loose a significant portion of their investment.

so you failed in your last life, did you get enough punishment in this one?

Edited by PCA

biggrin.png

I can't wait until I become a TV Senior Member and can generate amazingly clever, caustic responses that have absolutely nothing to do with the original question.

Edited by SpokaneAl

biggrin.png

I can't wait until I become a TV Senior Member and can generate amazingly clever, caustic responses that have absolutely nothing to do with the original question.

hehehe, yeah wait for seniorship.

Save up your cash, buy some rental properties using all cash and forget about it for 20 years. Buy a small safe, buy some gold as a store of wealth and forget about it for 20 years. Save your cash, wait for the next big market decline, buy the stock market and forget about it for 20 years. Don't waist your money on consumer crap.

• Like 1

Hi

Ex Financial advisor in the uk....and just helped a family member in Thailand who wanted to buy into the set100

Took a Buffet approach and used sensible filters...bought into 14 shares rather than track the whole set.

The shares were chosen on a safety first approach so utilities/oil companies/banks...(hopefully thai banks have learnt from the west!!!)

Divis about 4% on average...which will likely significantly increase before you retire as will hopeully the value of the shares.

High risk very rarely means high return!, you have many years ahead of you so slow and steady a better policy

Hi

Ex Financial advisor in the uk....and just helped a family member in Thailand who wanted to buy into the set100

Took a Buffet approach and used sensible filters...bought into 14 shares rather than track the whole set.

The shares were chosen on a safety first approach so utilities/oil companies/banks...(hopefully thai banks have learnt from the west!!!)

Divis about 4% on average...which will likely significantly increase before you retire as will hopeully the value of the shares.

High risk very rarely means high return!, you have many years ahead of you so slow and steady a better policy

thank you for your input rekkie, however I have no experience in the stock market and don't have the time to educate myself on it. Which is why i went ahead with a fund!

Save up your cash, buy some rental properties using all cash and forget about it for 20 years. Buy a small safe, buy some gold as a store of wealth and forget about it for 20 years. Save your cash, wait for the next big market decline, buy the stock market and forget about it for 20 years. Don't waist your money on consumer crap.

Thanks for your reply NCC. I am definitely not interesting in spending my money uselessly on consumer crap that's why i'd rather invest it instead of saving large amounts of cash. I Was thinking about buying property but as I looked around, it seems that one cannot use the funds gained in thailand and sitting in THB in a thai account to buy a condo... I don't want to go through the hassle of sending my money overseas and bringing it back to thailand to go into property, i will lose too much on forex and bank charges..

is there a way to purchase thai property with THB? A way that doesn't require me to set up a company or partner with a thai person?

Hi

post-17813-0-96142300-1370235195.jpg

Buy a small safe, buy some gold as a store of wealth and forget about it for 20 years.

If you had done that in 1980 you would have lost over 75%.

Guaranteed store of wealth? No.

I have read your point of view in other posts here, Your example is based on two of the worst moments to buy and sell gold in the last 35 years! What if he bought gold in 1978? or 1984? or 2001? Gold is insurance against currency debasement.

http://www.kitco.com/scripts/hist_charts/yearly_graphs.plx

• Like 1