Thailand Elite Card To Be Relaunched In June

webfact

That's what I remember about it, though. Which card was the scammy card, then?

I am a relatively new member to Thailand Elite. I paid for and received my five year, Multiple Entry "PE" visa valid until 2019. Even if Thailand Elite goes down the visa issued by the Thai Government remains in play. For more than a decade it has been predicted that Thailand Elite is dead by detractors and by the various ministers who felt the need to pop off to a reporter. I do not know why people can't comprehend the likes of Gerry and other long term users very clear positive experience with The Card.

I personally know a few that got their Thailand Elite Card as the program began 12 years ago. They are on their third 5 year entry visa. Each enjoys the privileges of the card and are 99 to 100% satisfied with their purchase and would all do it again. Not one person has lost $1 that I know of, no ones been cheated and at least for the early adopters the worst that could happen is that their money would be refunded. This is based on the fact that Thailand would not want to lose face or become involved in a couple of thousand lawsuits if the program was cancelled.

Haters got to hate but should choose a quest others can get behind. The arguments against The Card are not well thought out, born of negativity and jealousy I would guess. Not one person is forced to buy but it is an option for visiting or living in Thailand.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always enjoy these Thailand Elite card threads.

I think Thailand Elite is a misnomer. Thailand Morons would be more appropriate.

It's only dumb if you can't afford the service without even thinking about it too much.

When I saw the availability of the 5 year membership I knew it was the visa solution for me.

Buy it then forget about it for 5 years, forget about your visa hassles and visa runs too, they will be a distant memory before you need another one.

Edit : I'm quite the opposite of someone who could be described as 'a moron' yet I purchased one of the 5 year memberships.

Edited by ukrules

I always enjoy these Thailand Elite card threads.

I think Thailand Elite is a misnomer. Thailand Morons would be more appropriate.

Me too I really enjoy the Thailand Elite threads.

Posting here is my favorite hobby, after driving my Lambo with my group of (Thai)(Elite) friends :)

Let's keep this thread going, for the sake of everyone's fun :)

I know three people who have been members since day one and they are all thrilled they did it!

I am a relatively new member and love being in the program. I fly internationally an average of three times a month so I am in and out a lot.

Even though my wife is Thai and I am over 50 years old this card and service are very valuable to me.

I am very proud to be a member of this excellent organization and friends with the other members.

Happy Holidays to all the team at TE and fellow members!

I know three people who have been members since day one and they are all thrilled they did it!

I am a relatively new member and love being in the program. I fly internationally an average of three times a month so I am in and out a lot.

Even though my wife is Thai and I am over 50 years old this card and service are very valuable to me.

I am very proud to be a member of this excellent organization and friends with the other members.

Happy Holidays to all the team at TE and fellow members!

Your comment is very interesting.

It shows that even if you have the options of a retirement visa or a marriage one, the Thailand Elite program is still an option to consider, for the ones who have the adequate funds.

Indeed, Thailand Elite is delivering a whole service that makes life in Thailand more enjoyable.

We speak a lot about the PE visa, but it is more than only a visa.

I too am a new memeber and the one thing that gets me about the TE haters is there mis information. Ive said it before the fee broke down annually was less than what I paid in council tax alone. Bargain for an easy piece of mind stay in a country I love. Most of the detractors on here maybe dont have the money but if any UK nationals here should move back home and see what your bill would be for living in Sunny UK. Get a life. Also the UK has a similar scheme so where are the comments on that? Well done to TE for expanding the scheme and making people more aware of it. Am sure it will be success as many are not even aware of it including me before I saw Gerrys comments on here. TE is not for everyone obviously but its a service and a great service at that. Read from people who have and have had it since day one not these haters who have no clue whatsoever about what there taking about. At least if you dont like the scheme stick to the facts.

Edited by bim

On the other side, more and more people join Thailand Elite.

Good news smile.png

I don't get it.

You say more and more people are enjoying Thailand Elite, yet in another post you mention 153 members this year.

It is a far cry from 1300 members target.

In the recent article from Bangkok Post which I can not link it says that only 3 (three) 2 million baht cards were sold.

Obviously a lot of people don't think this is a good buy.... as a matter of fact the program looks like a complete failure.

It looks like you are in absolute minority, Gerry.

I'm with you Gerry, already 7 years on a no headache visa, with on average 15 minutes every 90 days for a report. Total cost so far 13.300 Baht.

How about your expenses so far?smile.png

Uhm... I never made the calculation. I am not very good at accounting, especially when it comes to my own spendings smile.png

But since I am in my third 5 years' no-headache visa, I guess that my cost per year must be quite low.

I think that the PE (privileged entry) visa should be renamed NH (no headache) visa smile.png

By the way, since you are also a long time Thailand Elite member, did you notice that most of the bitter and envious Thailand Elite haters have disappeared?

They must be out of silly arguments to criticize the program.

Good news smile.png

Did you read my post correctly?

I said thirteen thousand and three hundred baht in total over 7 years.

I bet I got a TE visa for that money, and I'm sure it cost you also a bit more.

In fact, I have such a feeling that for the difference of money you spent on your no headache visa, I got a no headache house and new truck thrown in on top of my visa.

My god... You must have a very little house and an old truck for that price smile.png

I must apologize indeed. I read your post too quickly and got the impression that you were not on the cheap side. Sorry again to have misunderstood and to have mistaken you for an Elite member.

In any case, if we are both happy with our choices, no problem at all smile.png

I fact for my 2 million I got a brandnew 4 door auto gear Nissan truck ( 800.000 Baht) and a second hand, but good maintained, fully furnished 2 bedroom house in a Pattaya Moobaan ( 1.150.000 Baht), and have some free visa for the next 26 years ( 50.000/1900).

So what did you get for your 2 million apart from the card that says Elite?

I fact for my 2 million I got a brandnew 4 door auto gear Nissan truck ( 800.000 Baht) and a second hand, but good maintained, fully furnished 2 bedroom house in a Pattaya Moobaan ( 1.150.000 Baht), and have some free visa for the next 26 years ( 50.000/1900).

lulz

Good news smile.png

I don't get it.

You say more and more people are enjoying Thailand Elite, yet in another post you mention 153 members this year.

In the recent article from Bangkok Post which I can not link it says that only 3 (three) 2 million baht cards were sold.

Obviously a lot of people don't think this is a good buy.... as a matter of fact the program looks like a complete failure.

I read from other posts on this forum that Gerry is in fact very well off, with exotic cars and sponsoring charities in the North and elsewhere.

Maybe he's the account holder from the Singapore account in which the Elite memberships are paid? biggrin.png

Good news smile.png

I don't get it.

Nice to meet you again :)

We missed you on the Thailand Elite threads. Really :)

By the way, you are wrong!

It's not 153 new members. It's 152!

I met several of the new members, very nice people indeed.

Some are seriously high net worth individuals, by the way.

As for myself, I am very happy to belong to the "absolute minority", the minority of wealthy people on this planet.

It allows me to do some good things for the society, among other expensive hobbies :)

Good news smile.png

I don't get it.

I read from other posts on this forum that Gerry is in fact very well off, with exotic cars and sponsoring charities in the North and elsewhere.

Maybe he's the account holder from the Singapore account in which the Elite memberships are paid? biggrin.png

You're bad :) :) :)

Good news smile.png

I don't get it.

Nice to meet you again smile.png

We missed you on the Thailand Elite threads. Really smile.png

As for myself, I am very happy to belong to the "absolute minority", the minority of wealthy people on this planet.

It allows me to do some good things for the society, among other expensive hobbies smile.png

Care to spill the beans on how such a young person as you can belong to the minority of wealthy people on this planet?

By the way the account holder comment was made tongue in cheek, I thought you would have figured that out.

You met several extremely wealthy people who paid 500k (less than 17 thousand dollars) for Elite Card?

I guess even these extremely wealthy individuals realized that 2 million baht is extremely poor value for what essentially is a tourist visa.

Remember, this 500k card was aimed at individuals like myself (and I am sure many other TV members) who have the means to pay partly 17 grand yet recognize the poor value of this card.

This is simply about value. It is poor :)

As a matter of fact I am sure people enjoy Thailand more if I have the freedom to leave whenever they want and return whenever I want. That 17 thousand dollars can be spent in some very nice hotels worldwide and have some nice pictures to show.

You like comparing Thai Elite card to Lamborghini or Porsche, but I would rather compare it to paying $600 a night for staying in Super 8 motel.

I get in for free

Good things in life are never free.

However, 500,000 baht for a PE visa and all the privileges attached to it... is a real bargain.

Of course, if you are a bit short of money you can still dream about getting one free ;)

I feel sorry for you, it sounds like you have to pay for everything in life. No free anything for Gerry, which I suppose means nobody likes Gerry?

I'll list a few good things that are free for at least some people, but not all...1. Getting into Thailand 2. Sex 3. Friendship 4. Good conversation....the list is endless actually...but to appreciate that some of the best things in life are indeed free, if you're a half decent human being that people aren't totally repelled by, you need to be at least somewhat enlightened.

Good news smile.png

I don't get it.

Nice to meet you again smile.png

We missed you on the Thailand Elite threads. Really smile.png

It allows me to do some good things for the society, among other expensive hobbies smile.png

Care to spill the beans on how such a young person as you can belong to the minority of wealthy people on this planet?

By the way the account holder comment was made tongue in cheek, I thought you would have figured that out.

Please try not to let your anger ruin your day :)

I was trying to be "light hearted" :)

As for the "beans' spilling" (I like the expression), ... why should I explain anything to total strangers who are just envious and mad at certain people for the only reason that they became Thailand Elite members and enjoy comfortable stays in Thailand (for a fee, of course)?

Peace everyone ;)

Edited by gerry1011

I get in for free

However, 500,000 baht for a PE visa and all the privileges attached to it... is a real bargain.

Of course, if you are a bit short of money you can still dream about getting one free ;)

I feel sorry for you, it sounds like you have to pay for everything in life. No free anything for Gerry, which I suppose means nobody likes Gerry?

I'll list a few good things that are free for at least some people, but not all...1. Getting into Thailand 2. Sex 3. Friendship 4. Good conversation....the list is endless actually...but to appreciate that some of the best things in life are indeed free, if you're a half decent human being that people aren't totally repelled by, you need to be at least somewhat enlightened.

Oh my god!

Do you imply that I... 2) don't have (free) sex, 3) don't have (free) friends, and 4) don't have (free) good conversations?

Let me check :)

As for 1), I get into Thailand in style every time thanks to the Thailand Elite girls who wait for the member at the gate each time I come back in the county.

You met several extremely wealthy people who paid 500k (less than 17 thousand dollars) for Elite Card?

I guess even these extremely wealthy individuals realized that 2 million baht is extremely poor value for what essentially is a tourist visa.

Remember, this 500k card was aimed at individuals like myself (and I am sure many other TV members) who have the means to pay partly 17 grand yet recognize the poor value of this card.

This is simply about value. It is poor :)

As a matter of fact I am sure people enjoy Thailand more if I have the freedom to leave whenever they want and return whenever I want. That 17 thousand dollars can be spent in some very nice hotels worldwide and have some nice pictures to show.

You like comparing Thai Elite card to Lamborghini or Porsche, but I would rather compare it to paying $600 a night for staying in Super 8 motel.

Up to you.

For me, I see the Thailand Elite fee as cheaper than a watch (I mean the full membership).

I am happy if you are happy :)

(It does not seem to be your case though)

I get in for free

Oh my god!

Do you imply that I... 2) don't have (free) sex, 3) don't have (free) friends, and 4) don't have (free) good conversations?

As for 1), I get into Thailand in style every time thanks to the Thailand Elite girls who wait for the member at the gate each time I come back in the county.

Well, you imply all of that yourself really, as you believe nothing that is good in life is free, and so can't be getting any of these good things for free...I'm just putting two and two together to make four...

Now, if being met at the airport and treated like a VIP for 5 minutes makes you happy then...well....it's just sad really....but God bless you little man....

I get in for free

Oh my god!

Well, you imply all of that yourself really, as you believe nothing that is good in life is free, and so can't be getting any of these good things for free...I'm just putting two and two together to make four...

Now, if being met at the airport and treated like a VIP for 5 minutes makes you happy then...well....it's just sad really....but God bless you little man....

Thank you big man ;)

Uhm... I never made the calculation. I am not very good at accounting, especially when it comes to my own spendings smile.png

But since I am in my third 5 years' no-headache visa, I guess that my cost per year must be quite low.

I think that the PE (privileged entry) visa should be renamed NH (no headache) visa smile.png

By the way, since you are also a long time Thailand Elite member, did you notice that most of the bitter and envious Thailand Elite haters have disappeared?

They must be out of silly arguments to criticize the program.

Good news smile.png

Did you read my post correctly?

I said thirteen thousand and three hundred baht in total over 7 years.

I bet I got a TE visa for that money, and I'm sure it cost you also a bit more.

In fact, I have such a feeling that for the difference of money you spent on your no headache visa, I got a no headache house and new truck thrown in on top of my visa.

My god... You must have a very little house and an old truck for that price smile.png

I must apologize indeed. I read your post too quickly and got the impression that you were not on the cheap side. Sorry again to have misunderstood and to have mistaken you for an Elite member.

In any case, if we are both happy with our choices, no problem at all smile.png

It allows knobs to be knob-heads!

Gosh, the nuances of some of the vocabulary used in this thread are difficult to understand for the non-native English speakers...

Maybe we could go back to the usual (extremely basic) exchanges of (silly) posts between envious TE haters and happy TE members.

No?

Or up to you guys.

I am still around anyway :)

Edited by gerry1011

Gosh, the nuances of some of the vocabulary used in this thread are difficult to understand for the non-native English speakers...

Maybe we could go back to the usual (extremely basic) exchanges of (silly) posts between envious TE haters and happy TE members.

No?

Or up to you guys.

I am still around anyway smile.png

So you think it is envy and hate?

I can see why this card would appeal to a certain type of person. I'm just not sure if that type of person would be advertising it to all and sundry! Yet alone on TV. Maybe you should accept that to most this is senseless bragging. OH look at me I can afford to throw away £10K - £40K on an Elite card this gives me superiority "I'm in the elite"

When in reality you could probably come to Thailand any time you wanted and for a lot less than the card costs even over a 10 year period. All be it with a little more hassle and a bit more time at the airport!

As it seems there are only 152-3 elite members, Obviously the seriously rich don't view this card as being worth the money. I can see that maybe for a business person or a criminal this card would be useful but how many businesses based in Thailand need to send someone abroad regularly that this card would be cost effective. So we are left with the criminals that would fine this card useful, other than those who have made a bit of money and think this card buys them into some sort of club! you know the sort someone who inherited a couple million or a lotto winner, the here today gone tomorrow type of millionaire. The type that thinks because he has a bit of money "he is someone" because the card says so! The nobody who wants be be somebody!

So please forgive us plebs who see the reality of what that money could buy, especially compared to such a trivial thing as easy entry to a country known for scams.

So it is good you are happy with your Elite card. I'm Happy for you. But please forgive me If I think anyone who bought this ELITE card is a fool. Thank you for reminding me that how not to live my life.

So, all of you TE haters, what do you do for a visa if you don't want the ED Visa, are too young for a retirement visa, aren't married, and don't want a B visa and have to work? Please enlighten the rest of us.

Well then you would seriously need to question if it was worth it? If you have to work where do you get the 500,000BHT or 2,000,000 from?