Time For A Little Proper Music...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sustento, have you seen the film 'Standing in the Shadows of Motown'? You would love it. It's about the band of musicians who played on all the great Motown hits. More No.1 songs than the Beatles, Stones, beach Boys and Elvis combined and nobody knew their names. They called themselves The Funk Brothers'.

http://www.standingintheshadowsofmotown.com/

Edited by dekestone

Some great music there Sustento .

Interesting story about Percy Sledge i read a while back that for the size of the hit of " when a man loves a woman " poor old Percy was paid a one time payment of twenty dollars and the recording studio/record label collected the rest.

Was quite common back then .

Edited by xen

There was a programme on TV a few days ago with a clip of Percy singing 'When a man loves a woman'. The clip was recorded in the 1990s. If you closed your eyes it was 1966 again. His voice was just as powerful. What a magic man.

I think he was recording at least until a few years ago . I have bought some of his later recordings and his voice and style is still strong.

When a Man Loves a Woman was the first LP record i ever bought . An Atlantic import and then i bought James Brown's Prisoner of Love. All my friends thought i was crazy as the Beatles were what everybody was listening to .

Keep them coming . Some great stuff you have given us but there is also so much more .

Incidently ,how do you post the clips off u tube ? I will post some if i knew how to .