Ministry Wants To Make Thais Taller

Lite Beer

I think they should eat more brown bread and potatoes.

As long as they eat predominantly white rice and nibbles of white meat and veg they will stay small.

But what's wrong with small? What is the essence of this necessity.

Actually they should ask be given free brands chicken essence. You live forever, have an IQ of 200, climb Everest and satisfy 4 wives on that stuff. So the health food institute of Guangzhou polytechnic claims.

This. And abandon white rice cuz that's also non-food. And stop eating mama noodles and MSG (!!) and sugar and avoid the 7 Eleven candystore.

They should eat real bread indeed, and potatoes and muesli, ripe fruit instead of all those hard green papayas with chilly and MSG that causes stomach ache, and way more veggies.

Hmmm... This started me thinking... and thinking has always been bad for me and people around me...

Growing taller without growing smarter could lead to cretinism...

People can always tell how's the weather up there...

You get picked by a sniper first... (tall poppy effect)

Most ladies will prefer a taller guy hoping for a longer... relationship.

Growing taller and heavier will increase your consumption overall which is good for GNP growth.

The total biomass of the Nation grows and helps to resolve border conflicts with Cambodia... Angkor will be ours.

Our Ministers will stand out more in the crowd as they are not going to let their kids drink the same milk as the rest of the populace...

At long last the rest of the world will notice Thai Culture... (presuming it will grow proportionally).

We could actually look down at the Farangs...

Please, help!... cheesy.gif

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as a matter of interest, how many dairy herds are there in Thailand. Nearest fresh milk, which I assume the article is about, is about 30kn from our home.

Not sure, but the emaciated cows that I've seen in most of the country would probably not produce much milk anyway in comparison to a proper dairy herd. Maybe it's time to start a dairy farm with some recognised breeds. The increased consumption the government is decreeing is huge and I'm sure they have not done the math on how big the dairy industry has to grow to meet that consumption level.

Don't quote me on this but I believe most if not all of the milk companies in Thailand make their milk from powder imported from other dairy producing countries. I don't believe there is such a thing as "Fresh Milk" in Thailand. The hot weather is not conducive to dairy cows. Even the cattle here look like anorexic Ethiopians.

Plenty of dairy herds in Thailand. Freisians kept under cover, not those skinny brown ones you see out in the open.

Just as a matter of interest, how many dairy herds are there in Thailand. Nearest fresh milk, which I assume the article is about, is about 30kn from our home.

Not sure, but the emaciated cows that I've seen in most of the country would probably not produce much milk anyway in comparison to a proper dairy herd. Maybe it's time to start a dairy farm with some recognised breeds. The increased consumption the government is decreeing is huge and I'm sure they have not done the math on how big the dairy industry has to grow to meet that consumption level.

Don't quote me on this but I believe most if not all of the milk companies in Thailand make their milk from powder imported from other dairy producing countries. I don't believe there is such a thing as "Fresh Milk" in Thailand. The hot weather is not conducive to dairy cows. Even the cattle here look like anorexic Ethiopians.

Plenty of dairy herds in Thailand. Freisians kept under cover, not those skinny brown ones you see out in the open.

You can see some of those Fresians at http://www.farmchokchai.com/en/index_content.php?content_id=29 That farm alone has 3,000 of them.

The Dairy Industry is really big business, with sales of billions for milk and

diary products annually, so you might expect hard line marketing

from them, but would you expect them to aggressively sell their products if

they were known to be harmful to people, especially to women and children?

The cholesterol content of three glasses of milk is equal to

what one would get from 53 slices of bacon.

Do you know of any doctor who recommends that much bacon per day?

In the animal Kindom no animals drink its mother’s milk in

adult life.

"It's not natural for humans to drink cow's milk.

Human’s milk is for humans.

Cow's milk is for calves.

You have no more need of cow's milk than you do rats milk, horses

milk or elephant's milk. Cow's milk is a high fat fluid exquisitely designed to

turn a 65 lb baby calf into a 400 lb cow. That's what cow's milk is for!"

--Dr Michael Klaper MD

Please Google "The Dangers of Cow Milk"

Thanks for saying exactly what I was thinking. All points covered to the tee. Those that have not seen the film "Forks Over Knives" should take a look. Pretty much shoots the Dairy Myth in the foot. You can see how well the dairy industry has effected the US population, huge marketing campaigns and miseducation. My wife never had any dairy products until she was in her late teens - She seems just fine to me. Most Thais have accepted the misconception that milk is essential to good health. Oops.

Don't worry about all that hocus pocus that milk increases hieght. I saw the size of thais being a problem long ago and that is why I created my special instant formular. Simply rub it on the skin and garanteed to increase hieght by 25 cm per year. Perfectly safe to use with conjuction whitening creams. I will have you looking like a farang in no time.

Chooka . Question: why do they want to look like a farang, I don't go around in Oz tryin to look like a Thai. Is it a direction from Dubai?
Often puzzles me why Thais want to be white. Seems to be a status symbol.

The Dairy Industry is really big business, with sales of billions for milk and

diary products annually, so you might expect hard line marketing

from them, but would you expect them to aggressively sell their products if

they were known to be harmful to people, especially to women and children?

The cholesterol content of three glasses of milk is equal to

what one would get from 53 slices of bacon.

Do you know of any doctor who recommends that much bacon per day?

In the animal Kindom no animals drink its mother’s milk in

adult life.

Human’s milk is for humans.

Cow's milk is for calves.

You have no more need of cow's milk than you do rats milk, horses

milk or elephant's milk. Cow's milk is a high fat fluid exquisitely designed to

turn a 65 lb baby calf into a 400 lb cow. That's what cow's milk is for!"

--Dr Michael Klaper MD

Please Google "The Dangers of Cow Milk"

Thanks for saying exactly what I was thinking. All points covered to the tee. Those that have not seen the film "Forks Over Knives" should take a look. Pretty much shoots the Dairy Myth in the foot. You can see how well the dairy industry has effected the US population, huge marketing campaigns and miseducation. My wife never had any dairy products until she was in her late teens - She seems just fine to me. Most Thais have accepted the misconception that milk is essential to good health. Oops.

Straw man argument: the issue is not whether milk is essential but whether it's beneficial. Whole cows' milk is a nutritious source of protein and fat for those who can tolerate it.

Saying cows' milk is unnatural is a vague argument. What is natural? Is eating grain natural? Is eating bread natural? One could just as easily say that eating grass (and its derivatives) is only meant for cows and therefore bread is unnatural.

I don't know about feeling taller after the glass of milk I just drank, but I do feel dumber after re-reading the original post in this thread.

The fact that people who make statements like these are in any position of power should be enough to terrify everyone.

• Like 1

Seeing as humans are basically 'hunter gatherers' ... and cows milk, along with birds eggs, grasshoppers, animal meat etc are hunted and/or gathered ... what would you suggest is 'natural' for humans to eat? Anything in a styrofoam box? Edited by Fullstop
  • Like 1

All they have to do is ban any foreigner over 5 ft 2 tall, then all Thais will automatically LOOK taller, which is the thing that matters most.

Still won't address the Small Man Syndrome in its entirety. :(

Seeing as humans are basically 'hunter gatherers' ... and cows milk, along with birds eggs, grasshoppers, animal meat etc are hunted and/or gathered ... what would you suggest is 'natural' for humans to eat? Anything in a styrofoam box?

We started as hunter gatherers but we havent been for a long time. We can afford to be more aware of what we eat now because we are not hunter gatherers that will eat anything just to survive. Now we know the effects of certain foods to our body we can plan the most suitable diet because we have so much choice as to what we consume.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We started as hunter gatherers but we havent been for a long time. We can afford to be more aware of what we eat now because we are not hunter gatherers

That's why I drink low fat, low cholesterol milk. The fact remains ... it's not 'unnatural'.

the bangkoks middle class has certainly gotten taller in the 15 or so years i have lived there.

i have heard milk and calcium supplements credited

Any increase in height due to diet will only be achieved over several generations. No one individual person is going to get taller in the space of 15 years by drinking milk ... or anything else for that matter. Your genes determine your height. Your stuck with it.

Edited by Fullstop

I think it's a great idea to encourage Thais to drink more cows milk. Just think how it would increase the exports of New Zealand, with the largest dairy company in the world to promote the sales.smile.pngclap2.gif

Hopefully some bright spark will start pushing lamb next ....... I know, wishful thinking.

• Like 2

This is quite easy to address.

Just stand each child in a bucket of <deleted> for up to 4 hours a day.

Works for crops and trees and they grow to a nice height.

Lots of <deleted> here in Thailand, especially bullshite. thumbsup.gif

Brainless and idiotic comments, worthless even reading.

>>Don't worry about all that hocus pocus that milk increases hieght. I saw the size of thais being a problem long ago and that is why I created my special instant formular. Simply rub it on the skin and garanteed to increase hieght by 25 cm per year. Perfectly safe to use with conjuction whitening creams. I will have you looking like a farang in no time.

My deepest appologies and sorry for the offence and trauma I have caused you. It is that un natural act of drinking milk that caused me to say what I did. I am now attending a milk therapist to help me kick my milk habit.thumbsup.gif

Edited by chooka

I think it's a great idea to encourage Thais to drink more cows milk. Just think how it would increase the exports of New Zealand, with the largest dairy company in the world to promote the sales.smile.pngclap2.gif

Hopefully some bright spark will start pushing lamb next ....... I know, wishful thinking.

Won't be nice if the whole population goes baa. :o

worrying. worrying indeed. and i don't mean the height of Thai kids but the IQ levels of people governing this country. this came out too soon because it's another 302 days before April Fool's Day. next thing you know, kids below the target height will be tagged as failures and scum of the society. if and when the "authorities" learn about the role of genetics, then perhaps an information campaign will be initiated telling Thais to marry farangs just to stir up the gene pool of next-gen Thai kids.

Amazing Thailand!

Is the Ministry also planning to increase brain capacity commensurate with the new Thai " Super Race " ?

I know we regard this government as ruthless and dictatorial but please don't tell me they are about to get into genetic modification as was much loved in Nazi ideology.

If this government were "ruthless and dictatorial"....aww nevermind. Not worth the time. Your post is absurd.blink.png