Dinner Dance.....

So theblether was invited to a Hi-So dinner dance on Thursday evening. Appropriately dressed theblether was amazed to see sequins everywhere and even some guys wearing wigs. Very poor looking fits incidentally. If you need to wear a wig, make it look realistic eh?

Anyway, theblether was disappointed to see that the dancers resembled a scene from Cocoon, and the night started with a minutes silence for a member that had died last week. theblether was pretty sure there would be another fatality during the dance either through the over exertion of old age, or someone tripping over a discarded wig and going flying through a window.

theblether is pleased to report that no one died during the dance, and in the end up a fantastic night was had by all. It was great to see people of such an advanced age ( most in their 70's, some in their 80's ) enjoying themselves and keeping up with the beat. Embarrassingly for theblether, most of the dancers were far better than him.

Anyway, here's to sticking a finger up to old age, and here's to a fabulous night at a Thai dinner dance. drunk.gif

I'm away to take dancing lessons. smile.png

Edited by theblether

Sorry TB, That has given me a vision of you sitting with your ticket waiting for someone to ask you for a dance..............tongue.png

I haven't a clue where this vision has come from, but it won't go away, I cannot re-think this.

Hope you didn't have a problem with your wig; I hear Loctite works very well on these occasions............wink.png

Welcome back.

Good luck with the dance lessons theblether......I once had dance lessons and turned out a waste of money.

I would get the lessons whilst sober, and when out and about was too shy to get up and strut my expensive lessons learnt.....until I had sufficient quantity of the dutch courage flowing through the bloodstream.

By the time I was on the dance floor....lessons learnt had been totally forgotten...and so it was make-it-up-as-you-go.

I did consider getting lessons whilst not sober......but thought better of it.

Still can't dance.

Cheers.

Take lessons at the BIDA studio, Peninsula Plaza on Rajadamri Road, next to the Grand Hyatt.

Lots of fun, and if you're a young and hansum man looking for sophisticated hi-so ladies, then these events are very fertile hunting grounds, although the damsels are perhaps missing other qualities we usually require.