Safety Deposit Box Rentals?

kharmabum

Keep your eyes peeled for new banks under construction. Talk to whichever bank official that seems appropriate and 'reserve' a box. Might need a small deposit.

This is the ONLY way I was able to get a box without waiting forever. Done it three times this way now...

• Like 1

Keep your eyes peeled for new banks under construction. Talk to whichever bank official that seems appropriate and 'reserve' a box. Might need a small deposit.

This is the ONLY way I was able to get a box without waiting forever. Done it three times this way  now...

Good idea. I'm guessing promenada will have a bunch of new banks opening in a month or so.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 11 months later...

No. And banks all have queue lists to get a box. I've been in the queue for 2 years now at my branch of Kasikorn Bank. The g/f tried her branch and they told her "about 16-18 months wait."

The queue is simply to put you off.. Kasikorn has boxes

I went to my kasikorn.. No cannot.. have list.. I said surely another branch has a box.. No cannot have list.. OK then I will transfer my large baht deposit account out of here to another bank who will help.. Ohh hang on.. On the phone 10 mins.. Have have..

The Kasikorn just near the super highway on the 1001 road (inside the highway to the train station 100m) has them for sure. I asked about the prices of different sizes only a few weeks ago, and they had empty ones.

Try Siam Commercial on Thapae a couple of blocks from the bridge.

as of about 10 days ago they still have some available

several sizes

several options about pricing, with big deposit or without