Age Difference With Babies = Happiness?

thehelmsman

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what is the point of this topic ?

You are happy being old with your young family and want to know if others are happy too ?

No need to post everyone KNOWS there are loads of happy people having young family ... So what ?

• Like 2

So what is the point of this topic ?

You are happy being old with your young family and want to know if others are happy too ?

No need to post everyone KNOWS there are loads of happy people having young family ... So what ?

I guess if he had posted he was unhappy with his Thai wife and family it would have been more acceptable to many on this forum

Well done OP, pleased things are going well for you, I also never really thought about starting a family, but it was the best thing that has happened in my life, gives me a great shared interest with my wife (along with those we hold already) Helped me control my drinking, provided wonderful rewarding alternative entertainment, yes a good thing all round. I often wonder why I spent those days, months, viewing the world through the bottom of a glass....but at the time I thought my life was good......little did I know it could be so much better.

Your post could very well have been written by me. Have a 2 year old daughter who has completely turned my life around and now another on the way too. I certainly feel blessed by the new direction my life has taken over the last few years.

Dear thehelmsman

I am not a HATER. It is good to see a happy man. And I hope you are happy to the very end. There are many different views expressed on TV. This happens because our lives are different, our experiences are different, hence our views.

Most people are tending to be optimistic. Some remain blissfully optimistic. Some develop pessimistic outlook. There is a joke saying that pessimist = optimist + information. This might be the reason why there are more optimists among younger people.

Be well informed, my friend. And if you will remain happy and optimistic - consider yourself lucky. I do not wish to rain on your parade. I do not wish to repeat to you all the horror stories on TV. Just be happy but not blindly so.

You say the family is well looked after. This tells me you are a good man. And I think you deserve happiness.

BTW the second difference between optimists and pessimists ( both of which stem from trust or belief) is that both kind can get disappointed but in a different way. Optimists tend to get unpleasantly disappointed. Pessimists may be more often pleasantly surprised. Do not take me as a HATER. Do not take me as an old blabbering man talking generalities. You say you are 4 months absent and 2 months present. Statistics are not in your favor. But each case has its merit.

Therefore, do not listen to me or anybody else here. Be happy, but make sure you are not blind.

Have a happy life! biggrin.png

i'm 37 and have an 11 month old, pure joy.

As a fairly young guy who is experiencing this amazing part of my life who am I to deny It or complain about it to any one else old or young.

Enjoy everyday but keep in mind don't start disrespecting all young like those young ones who disrespect the old otherwise you will be just like them.

50(ish) is not so bad but it is the 60+ and 70's with small babies I think is crazy. Most of them will be long dead before the child grows up without a father.

For me, I've done my bit bringing up the kids and now I help financially with the grandchildren, that is enough for me, but none of us are the same.

• Like 1

OP, how do you find your energy levels with the baby? It might be too young to be an issue.

Id be interested in how guys over 50 deal with the demands of young energetic children

I had my kid late 30's and she certainly wears me out

50(ish) is not so bad but it is the 60+ and 70's with small babies I think is crazy. Most of them will be long dead before the child grows up without a father.

For me, I've done my bit bringing up the kids and now I help financially with the grandchildren, that is enough for me, but none of us are the same.

In the western world it is becoming the norm for children to have no father.

Courts and judges ensure many children have no father.

Many women believe their children are better off without fathers.

Are you claiming to know better than judges, lawyers and social workers?

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

In the western world it is becoming the norm for children to have no father.

Courts and judges ensure many children have no father.

Many women believe their children are better off without fathers.

Are you claiming to know better than judges, lawyers and social workers?

Where did I mention Judges, Lawyers etc? Is there some invisble writing in my post that I cannot see?

Or that I know better than they do ..... not that Judges tend to know much at all about the life of the average man in the street,

There have always been plenty of children without fathers in the West and here also. But should a man in his 60's and 70's really be fathering children knowing they are more than likely to grow up without a father or at least a father who is too old to keep up with young children?

At least a man in his 50's stands a better chance to see the kids grow up.

There have always been plenty of children without fathers in the West and here also. But should a man in his 60's and 70's really be fathering children knowing they are more than likely to grow up without a father or at least a father who is too old to keep up with young children?

At least a man in his 50's stands a better chance to see the kids grow up.

My point being that nobody else appears to care if a father lives to see his children grow up, so why should the father care.

You don't want children at an old age, up to you, what other men want, not your business.

I would quite like to have some children and I'm almost 60.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Mid-50's here starting a new family from scratch, two kids so far. My grandkids from my first marriage are older than my new crop, but when everyone gets together we're all one happy family.

Couldn't be happier.

Even a 100-year-old wanting to bring kids into the world, as long as he's set things up so they'll be raised well and not be a burden on society, more power to him.

Ideally he would vet the "pooa noi" of the mother to make sure they'll have a good father figure role model, but then again plenty of kids grow up fine raised by single mothers, or two Tom/Dee mothers or by the whole village whatever the new definitions of "family" these days are much more flexible than in the past.

Best of luck OP all happiness to you and yours. . .

• Like 1

I am really surprised that those who find fatherhood, at a later age, offensive have not yet come out. They are out there and will say that it is distasteful for a 60 year old to be pushing a buggy, alongside his 35 year old wife, down the street in Pattaya. Some will say unnatural.

In the west it may be all those things because of the paradigms we have been brought up with - certainly, much of western society would frown upon such a thing.

At the end of the day it is for each couple themselves to decide whether it is right for them. A decision not to be taken lightly and all factors to be considered because it is certain that the dynamics of a relationship will change with the addition of children. I know several husbands (and a few mothers) who are, by their own admission, too selfish to bring another being into that relationship.

I believe it to be true that Thailand is relatively unique place for situations like this. In the west, in my late 50's, I would never contemplate starting a family with a 37 year old wife - here I would consider it.

• Like 1

I'm a 92 yo with an 18 yo girlfriend and we are in the process of family planning. I am not looking forward to those 'teenage' years

I bet she has to unwrap the condom for you................

gross

Edited by Kitsune

Well I have a pet fly and we are so happy together, shall I open a topic too ?

His parents don't approve and so do most of our friends ... People can be so judgmental rolleyes.gif

You do know that you are replying to yourself ... blink.png

• Like 2

His parents don't approve and so do most of our friends ... People can be so judgmental rolleyes.gif

Yes it's not exactly a reply per se

it's more like an extra comment

Shhh, I think he's looking in the mirror.