Do I Need A Return Ticket With An E/d Visa

Hi All

I have a E/D visa and will be returning UK on Friday for a couple of weeks.

I will obtain a re-entry visa before departure.

Anybody know if I need to buy a return ticket when I fly back BKK again, I will be going onto a retirement visa in September so really from the date of my return to BKK will always be flying Rtn from here..

Any help appreciated

The return ticket thing is usually required more by airlines covering their butt at boarding time, rather than the officers at the airport, and I've never heard of even that except when coming in visa-exempt.

Very cheap to just get a throwaway online if you need to, or pay tons for a 100% refundable one.

If you have a visa entry or extension of stay the re-entry permit is your visa for new entry and an onward ticket is not required with a visa (only for visa exempt entry) - if airline check-in say otherwise request a supervisor and explain the re-entry is your visa.

Question: if you go to Thailand with a tourist visa only (3 months) are you bound to have a return ticket ?

Cannot say dunno exactly when I will come back so I just bough a one way ticket?

Question: if you go to Thailand with a tourist visa only (3 months) are you bound to have a return ticket ?

Cannot say dunno exactly when I will come back so I just bough a one way ticket?

A valid visa allows you to travel to the kingdom, and allows you entrance. (Unless Thai immigration has a record on you in which it says something else than when you applied for the visa).

Having a valid visa means that the airline never can be held responsible for your return flight, as is the case when you travel without a visa, and asking for a visa exempt stamp upon entering the kingdom.

Entering or wanting to enter the kingdom on a visa exempt stamp, (usually 30 days) therefore the airline wants to see a return ticket, or proof of onward travel during the validity of the visa exempt period.

With a valid visa, you are ok to travel without having to show any of that.

A valid visa allows you to travel to the kingdom, and allows you entrance. (Unless Thai immigration has a record on you in which it says something else than when you applied for the visa).

Having a valid visa means that the airline never can be held responsible for your return flight, as is the case when you travel without a visa, and asking for a visa exempt stamp upon entering the kingdom.

Entering or wanting to enter the kingdom on a visa exempt stamp, (usually 30 days) therefore the airline wants to see a return ticket, or proof of onward travel during the validity of the visa exempt period.

With a valid visa, you are ok to travel without having to show any of that.

Most thanks for your answerwai.gif