Internet On Ais 3G2100

monty

I recently returned from a trip overseas.

Arriving at Suvarnabhumi, I immediately put credit on my phone and subscribed to a 3G package (1 GB for 350 Baht +vat).

Few days later after catching up with what has been going on 3G wise, I see that you can register for AIS 2100 3G. Had to go to a Lotus anyways so popped into Telewiz and asked. Had to show passport, AIS staff punched in a bunch of numbers on my phone.

Shortly after received an SMS that the service would be available sometime during May 2013. It actually was already June but anyway!

Again a day later get an SMS saying that they will activate the new 3G, and that I had to reboot the phone when there was no signal indicated.

Did this, and the phone registered nicely on the new system, set the APN correctly and 3G came up as well.

Only, I do not have any internet package anymore. Found out through *121 then 1 for English, and then after you get your balance press 4 to get internet balance. Then they say I did not subscribe to any package (so I guess bye bye 350 odd Baht of which I used 50 Mb in 2 days).

I do however have full speed internet, and up till now no funds gave been deducted from my balance...

I also have not been able to find out how to subscribe to internet packages on the new system. They did not yet include much English on their website, and they went the True way where most info is in images, which google translate is unable to translate...

Anybody any experience with this?

P.S. I seem to be suffering from frequent mid phone calls disconnects since the new 3G was activated...

Yeah, the system changed but it's not fully functional.

I did get 2 messages today, 1saying I get 12 months 20 MB/month free, and a second one saying I get 6 months 50 MB/month free...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And wasn't it supposed to become 15% cheaper?

I used to take 1GB/30 day packages for data @ 350 B/month.

If I was going to run out I took an extra 300 Mb for 7 days @ 99 Baht.

Now I find 1Gb costs 399 (which is exactly 15% more!!!),

admittedly the 1GB is now unlimited i.e. after 1Gb limited speed till the end of the billing period.

Although I now will not have to pay extra when I use to much data, I'll still end up paying more as I only had over usage maybe once every 3 months, and the the 100 Baht package at least gave me full speed 3G...

Now if I want full speed 3G if I use more then 1Gb, it's a whopping 199 Baht for 300 Mb...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It looks like there are new One-2-Call (AIS pre-paid) 2100 MHz-specific SIMs available.

http://www.ais.co.th/3g-one-2-call/th/sim.aspx

http://www.ais.co.th/3g-one-2-call/sim-detail.aspx?language=th&id=23

Does anyone have any experience with these? A visiting colleague is asking me to get one of these for him, but I'm not sure it will be the best solution.

The default calling rate: 2 baht + 50 satang isn't anything special, although the Pro Micro (option 3) does off 99 satang/min on all calls.

The pricing on the mobile data seems about the same as the 'legacy' One-2-Call plans, but that 1 GB/399 baht plan seems to have a 64 Kbps FuP limit, matching DTAC/Happy.

I seem to be suffering from frequent mid phone calls disconnects since the new 3G was activated...

Does this issue continue for you?