' Square-faced Man' A New Hit Song

george

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is about a song, remember. Despite of your predictions, Colpyat, nothing happened so far. Thaksin has been called worse, I believe, at PAD rallies, and no one demonstrated for him. Why now?

If country people have never heard how PAD treats Thaksin they might be in a shock - but not for "ai", for the long list of his crimes. Bet some of the references will need explanations, too.

In my neighbourhood there are lots of moobans and it's not "locals" who move upscale - it's children of upcountry parents - middle class. Come Songkran and out mooban will be deserted, just like it was on New Year - everyone heads back to provinces.

This thread is about a song, remember. Despite of your predictions, Colpyat, nothing happened so far. Thaksin has been called worse, I believe, at PAD rallies, and no one demonstrated for him. Why now?

What please were my "predictions"?

I have posted that the song will not cause direct riots, but will further aggrevate the situation.

About my predictions, i believe i have "predicted" that the palace will not give in into the demands on Royaly appointed Prime Minister, and doesn't view them in a positive light. Go and have a look at the Nation website under "breaking news". There you will find a rather clear message by General Sarayud of the Privy Council on that issue, namely the non-interference of the Palace on political matters. That leaves the PAD's main demand - where...?

As to "nothing happened", well, today is election day, tomorrow is another day, and according to bulmercke coming friday is the next large PAD demonstration in Bangkok. Lets see how the election results will be, and lets see what happens sooner or later with the demonstrations if they go on in case Thaksin gets more votes than "No" votes.

I meant the song and that people will be genuinely offended on Thaksin's behalf. So far they don't give a shit.

As for other predictions, this thread is about a song, let's not focus on off topic topics.

I meant the song and that people will be genuinely offended on Thaksin's behalf. So far they don't give a shit.

As for other predictions, this thread is about a song, let's not focus on off topic topics.

Well, how would you know that they are not genuinly offended? I believe Lukamar has already posted that his wife, a Thaksin opponent, was offended by the rude personal attacks against Thaksin's chldren? I wouldn't mind going around the Caravan of the Poor camping ground, and asking them about their opinion about the song. :o

Anyhow, off topic that may be, but so far, me posting the full quote of General Sarayud in another topical thread, asking for comments of particularly PAD supporters on the board, has been met by ... utter silence. Which does not exactly surprise me.

Well, how would you know that they are not genuinly offended? I believe Lukamar has already posted that his wife, a Thaksin opponent, was offended by the rude personal attacks against Thaksin's chldren?

You can find someone that gets upset about _anything_, if you search long enough.

All due respect to his wife, but jeez...you are going to argue that this song was a bad idea on behalf of her (alleged) reaction?

Perhaps you should stay out of the kitchen.

TAWP ... don't sweat it ... some people are just anti-PAD fanatics .... therefore NOTHING PAD could do would be funny .... or right ... or acceptable ... particularly a song that parodies a hero :o