Getting From Trat Airport To Koh Chang Island

Boo

Showing my complete lack of geography here but just how do you get from the aiport to the Island, how long does it take & how much does it cost?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure you just take a shuttle van or taxi to the pier and take the ferry over. It is not very far. A few hundred baht for the shuttle one way I think including ferry ticket. Taxi would be more expensive maybe 1000-1500.

I would estimate the airport is about 15 to 20km from the pier. So take a taxi and the ferry is quite cheap may be 100 Baht or so, On the other side when you arrive on Koh Chang you have taxis running along the beach all the time and the price depends on which hotel you are going to.

I would suggest taking the airport shuttle bus, around 400 baht including the crossing. The issue you may have at the pier, is the taxis quoting high prices,and hanging around to wait to fill the vehicle up. I do this crossing 3 times a week, but drive so don't have the problem, but I can certainly say that my experience of taxis from the pier is not great.

Some hotels may be able to pick you up from he per though.