What Is The Cost Of Food In Koh Phangan And Bottle Beach This Year ?

Hi,

What is the cost of food in Koh Phangan and Bottle Beach this year ?

Any scan of menus ?

Cost of food per day specifically in Ko Phangan or Bottle Beach ?

I realize places like Bottle Beach are a bit remote but as you are stuck there you have to eat in your guest house
so if you known some prices I would be very interested to budget accordingly.

Thank you.

Have a Nice journey.

Edited by angiud
Removed link to another forum

My advice is if you plan to make the effort to reach Bottle Beach (and its really not difficult) and are worried about paying 10 baht extra for a plate of fried rice compared to Chaloklum - don't bother going. Or bring a kettle and a week's supply of instant noodles. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

On one side a new member asking for a legitimate question and get a not so polite and completely useless answer. On the other side the new member quickly upset answering in another not so polite way.

IMHO 2 bad ways to behave in a forum.

I hope maitraya just rethink about his/her departure from Thaivisa and some members don't answer a post if they really don't have nothing to say.

On one side a new member asking for a legitimate question and get a not so polite and completely useless answer. On the other side the new member quickly upset answering in another not so polite way.

IMHO 2 bad ways to behave in a forum.

I hope maitraya just rethink about his/her departure from Thaivisa and some members don't answer a post if they really don't have nothing to say.

Angiud, you are quite the diplomat... as always...

The OP asked a rather stupid question....

If He / She can afford a plane/ train/ boat/ songtaew ticket to Phangan, well, the price of a plate of rice should be totally irrevelant

• Like 1

The OP probably wants to stay at that beach for an extended period, having a very limited budget to spend. Her question is legitimate, and there is no reason to ridicule her.

It brings back memories of my sole visit to Bottle Beach, back in 1999. I remember getting into conversation with a farang girl who probably assumed I was a lot younger than I really was, and also assumed I had a very different lifestyle than I really had. She enthusiastically told me she had found an 80 Baht bungalow. It was like a flashback to my hippy days in the early/mid seventies.

It would be difficult to find the time to go there now, so I would love to read a report how it is at Bottle Beach nowadays.

The problem with the question was prices for this year... but comparing to when was the last visit? That was not said.... If it was last year, I doubt there would be a lot of difference..

There are four places to stay at Bottle Beach, from what I can figure, from doing a Google search ... each would have it's own restaurant... prices would vary as they usually do in places like that... but too, so might the quality and amount of the food?

I doubt that many members here, have been to Bottle Beach, I have not been there since 2007 and then 2009, on day trips, so hard to say how prices have changed...

But looking at the web sites, seems one can still get a room for 400 baht a night... Food will as with any resort will be more expensive than some of the street vendors on other parts of KP .... But it depends on what you eat...(western style food is always more expensive as are fish dishes) .... We have no idea of the OP's taste in food, so again makes it a difficult question to answer.

This site is the only one that seems to mention any food prices... ( a couple of examples) The article was written in March this year...

http://www.travelfish.org/blogs/thailand/2013/03/23/the-best-of-ko-pha-ngans-bottle-beach/

Asking to get a menu scanned would probably next to impossible, I would doubt any resorts even have a scanner.... Too, Bottle Beach seems to be one of those places on KP that require a minimum stay during FMP... Christmas and New Years... There are places around KP that don't do that...

As for prices of food in other areas of KP, that will vary too, prices in say Haad Rin are going to be higher than most other places.... Tongsala will I think have some of the cheaper food which more of the locals would consume. Even 7-11's on KP, prices are a few baht higher compared to Samui..

Hope that helps.... think about asking questions a little more clearly, that will probably get less sarcastic responses. wink.png

I was on Bottle Beach a couple of days ago and visited Bottle Beach 1 resort (the best in my opinion) prices (allthough I cant remember any details) are pretty similar to other beaches around Koh Phangnan and not really much different if any different from last year.

But let's not forget the most important thing - Bottle Beach isn't worth visiting, stay away!

Why Angthong?

A few years ago was nice

Ahh, is ironic isn't it?

BB is only good for quiet bookworms like me, sitting there savouring the silence. It's completely worthless for everyone else i.e. most people, and I'd like to keep it that way :D

• Like 2