Where Can I Buy A Dish Washing Machine?

familymisa

The only place I have seen one is in Siam Electrical store, next to the Chinese Embassy on the south side of the moat. ( I think CanMan was meaning he would be prepared to wash the dishes for you, just as a little bit of levity).

Cheers

Hi,

The machine itself is not much more expensive than in Europe.

The problem will be the products. You can find Finish products at Rimping (tablets, salt, etc.) for about 2x the european price and Amazon doesn't deliver these products in Thailand.

Be prepared to ask some friends to carry them in their luggage smile.png

Current best bet is a at Siam TV just on the right as you enter from the moat entrance. Price 18,000 baht. OK brand but can't remember which one!

Dishwashers will join front loading washing machines as the must have appliance in all these new homes going up around town. You mark my words..... wink.png

Afterthought: I'd expect Makro to sell some kind of dishwashing supplies - I can't believe the big hotels don't use machines these days.

Edited by Greenside

folks in America are discovering that front load washers aren't all they are cracked up to be. Prone to leaking, and very proprietary like an Audi. Good item tp buy extended warranty on.

I've used dish washers for almost 45 years. Never had one leak and never had one break down. But never had one more than 15 years or so. I've got a Hafele one now and it's great. But a bit smaller than what we had back in the US. Makes it a problem for the larger dishes.

Makro is now stocking powder and finishing solution. Almost as cheap as you can get back home.

You might try Hafele if there is one in town. We got an instant 30% discount just by asking. Service is fantastic if you need it. Our micro has had a few issues and they were here the next day and either gave us a new one or fixed the problem.

Everyone I know who buys a dishwashing machine say that they rarely use it. They have a maid to clean and the maids don't want to use the machines. They regret spending the money and the wasted space of an unused appliance in the kitchen.

Edited by NancyL

folks in America are discovering that front load washers aren't all they are cracked up to be. Prone to leaking, and very proprietary like an Audi. Good item tp buy extended warranty on.

Maytag = junk. Bosch Siemens = indestructible, problem-free, amazing machines.

I believe Bosch is made in China now. Look at www.lowes.com Prices are high, reviews aren't great. 3 stars out of five, and a price of 24,000 THB...that's their low end, too. Germans know how to over-engineer and aren't practical. Their cars depreciate just a little faster than GM.

Edited by Thighlander

my mom says we had fewer sore throats as kids, after getting a new DW. Unless you use boiling water on your dishes done by hand; you're not killing all the germs, and if you looked at the germs on the dish rag/sponges you would probably throw up.

Everyone I know who buys a dishwashing machine say that they rarely use it. They have a maid to clean and the maids don't want to use the machines. They regret spending the money and the wasted space of an unused appliance in the kitchen.

Please send me a PM with the details of any of your friends who wants to get rid of one. I'm in the market anytime between now and October.

Please send me a PM with the details of any of your friends who wants to get rid of one. I'm in the market anytime between now and October.

DITTO