Promenada Mall - Opening Feed Back

SDH

I was there as well today and with the descrip above the only significant opening is Uniqlo , a great place to shop for Japanese designed clothes at very reasonable prices for women, men and kids

SF cinema was open as well and had the same movies as Central

We left after an hour as the parking and the rest of the small ships were duplicates of Central / Airport Plaza

For those with kids they have a major play area there next to the cinema for 180 baht an hour and 270 baht an hour for the larger area for bigger kids

I won't be back for long till they open up the rest and the missus agrees

Drive to airport plaza arriving at 4pm and there was a great amount of parking available today ! Amazing :-)

Meh, the only thing that was finished was the cinema, the Crocs store, Sports world and japanese gap. It doesn't seem like that big of a mall, i walked around the whole first building and i'm pretty sure there's only two buildings. Seems like more of a place to hang out than actually buy stuff.

On a good note, there was some kind of event that had free finger foods and beer. I'm not actually sure if i was supposed to be eating and drinking it, but no one stopped me.

On a good note, there was some kind of event that had free finger foods and beer. I'm not actually sure if i was supposed to be eating and drinking it, but no one stopped me.

You didn't think of asking then ?

Edited by alfieconn

Back in the UK, i lived within 20 - 30 mins. of the Trafford Centre (near Man U). I have been there about 5 times in 20 years or so, twice when I had gigs there at Christmas time, once with a lady friend and twice when I have been on visits back to the UK with my Thai wife.

Yesterday we visited Promenada Mall. It's quite close to us so we went on the motorbike. We parked up and transferred to the courtesy songtew for the drive to building 2. It appears that there will be substantial parking facilities available. The, almost complete, building 2 appears to be the smallest of the two buildings housing, at present, a small Rimping, Sports World and UNIQLO, plus several smaller shops inc. Manchester. The cinema appeared to be open.

Almost everything is in English and there were numerous westerners strutting about looking important, so it looks like a big western investment/development.

The place is open and airy at the moment, not oppressive as some UK malls are. If it remains so when all the stores are installed remains to be seen.

I will probably visit the mall when it is fully completed, but, as my introduction intimated, I am not a particular fan of these establishments (except as maybe a cool retreat when the outside temperature reaches the high thirties)

With a bit of luck it will make Airport Plaza much more user friendly. Much more convenient location for us.

I just hope it is accessible as Airport plaza for those of us who do not own are own transportation.

I don't own it as I feel by not owning it I am protecting others.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

With a bit of luck it will make Airport Plaza much more user friendly. Much more convenient location for us.

I just hope it is accessible as Airport plaza for those of us who do not own are own transportation.

I don't own it as I feel by not owning it I am protecting others.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I just hope I remember how to ice skate, maybe I should stay off of them to protect others 555555!!

I just hope I remember how to ice skate, maybe I should stay off of them to protect others 555555!!

Second timer I was on them they told me I was a defeense man I had to ask what does he do. It was a company team. If I get out there watch out.clap2.gif

Second timer I was on them they told me I was a defeense man I had to ask what does he do. It was a company team. If I get out there watch out.clap2.gif

Oh Noooo, maybe better for me I stay as an observer as well! b

Back about 1,000,000 years ago i use to play Right Wing, of course I wasn't as big as an Elephant then.... Better to think this over carefully for me w00t.gif

Is it going to be a real ice rink? I have a feeling its going to be a fake plastic one.

Is it going to be a real ice rink? I have a feeling its going to be a fake plastic one.

Nope it will not be plastic, it will be ice....

Went there on opening day....think opening was a little premature.....maybe wait until it's finished, outside really dusty and like a building site.

However, inside, I really liked the feel of it, very open and airy.......when it is finished it will be quite nice (for a shopping centre).

Will go back in 3 months.

• Like 1

I have been told by 'Someone' in the Trade that Villa Mark will open a branch in CM.

john

I hope so, it will give Rim Ping some stiff competition. Their branch at the Avenue in Pattaya has been very popular with the expat community for many years...

glad that they managed to open 'on time', but I'll be waiting until around august before going back. The whole building structure should be finished by then.

Wish that they have more shops that are ready to open and not just 10%.

Yeah it'll take while to be at 100% occupancy, but that's normal.

Wish them a lot of luck. We, CM, need a new shopping place.

I called in this afternoon as I was passing. You've got to think that they're regretting opening with more than half the building still under construction but it was an interesting visit - just don't go hoping to have some kind of shopping experience. Here are a couple of pictures of the main area that you can access.

i-kg2dnbP-XL.jpg

i-rSvTwmD-XL.jpg

An interesting and open design which, if they can resist the temptation to clutter it up with dozens of cheap signs and loud promotions, could make for a pleasant atmosphere. Unfortunately, the volume from the big screen showing previews outside the cinema on the next floor was already too high as far as I am concerned so I have a gloomy feeling that the big space will host the relentlessly awful super loud promotional events that make an afternoon at Airport Plaza so grim while the gain upstairs will be pushed to no 11 to compensate.

Good news for ice cream connoisseurs. On the car park level, Piccallo ice cream has a small concession with prices about the same as Sesto's at Big C extra. They used to have a pitch at Airport Plaza and then vanished but the product is a cut about most although the choice is limited.

The clothes shop that's obviously the anchor (forgot the name: so much for branding) is nicely done and has interesting product (much made in china, I noticed) although at those prices I have the feeling that shopping in the UK would probably be cheaper.

Edited by Greenside