Where To Buy Liquid Nitrogen In Pattaya? I Just Need 1 Liter

paulsh

Hello

I need to buy a liter of liquid nitrogen, I already have a container, do you guys have any idea where could I buy some?

Liquid nitrogen is very cheap (about $0.50 (15 baht) per liter), I'm used to have access to it at the university where they had daily delivery.

I need some for personal reason, is there any store selling it in pattaya?

Thanks!

Bangkok Hospital is the only place with facilities to produce and store liquid N2 in Pattaya, there are no retailers. I'm curious as well what you need it for?

I find this hard to believe, liquid nitrogen is used for many purposes, I can't believe none of the schools have some, or any skin doctor, or that there's no gas retailer in pattaya, absurd! I just need the address or phone number so I can order some, and I can't seem to find those on the web so I was wondering maybe you guys have more resources.

Thanks again.

By the way it's easy to make liquid nitrogen, if only I had the right tools and the time I'd make some myself, we could use the compressor of any air con to make liquid nitrogen, it's quit simple actually, just don't have the time or patience.

Edited by paulsh

Scary...

A teenager has had emergency surgery to remove her stomach after drinking a cocktail containing liquid nitrogen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/19866191

I did not know such cocktails existed, that is some crazy story! Liquid nitrogen can be deadly if wrongly handled/used, I wish there was more education about this in schools.

Yes, it is a shocking story and it is good thing it is not that easy to get.

Hope those who do sell it have a responsible attitude and check what it is being used for.

When I worked on hydraulics we had accumulators filled with nitrogen and at just over 900psi (60Bar) the nitrogen would transform to liquid.

Interesting about using it to cool your CPU but would you not run the risk of killing it with "thermal shock"?

Even in gas form they can be quite lethal in closed room, causing asphyxiation as it drives out the oxygen around you.

I've seen the big tanks in Bangkok Hospital and the Somdej Something Govenment Hospital in Sriracha, but getting them to sell it to you might be a problem?

Curious though, do you absolutely needs liquid nitrogen? Dry Ice are more readily available, they only cost 30.- baht for a block of a kilogram,

Bangkok Hospital is the only place with facilities to produce and store liquid N2 in Pattaya, there are no retailers. I'm curious as well what you need it for?

I find this hard to believe, liquid nitrogen is used for many purposes, I can't believe none of the schools have some, or any skin doctor, or that there's no gas retailer in pattaya, absurd! I just need the address or phone number so I can order some, and I can't seem to find those on the web so I was wondering maybe you guys have more resources.

Thanks again.

By the way it's easy to make liquid nitrogen, if only I had the right tools and the time I'd make some myself, we could use the compressor of any air con to make liquid nitrogen, it's quit simple actually, just don't have the time or patience.

Talk to Thai Industrial Gases, they will most likely make it...but dont think they will sell you just 1 liter...

Curious though, do you absolutely needs liquid nitrogen? Dry Ice are more readily available, they only cost 30.- baht for a block of a kilogram,

Dry ice is too hot for what I want, liquid nitrogen is more than 2 times colder!

Found an overclockers board in Thai with a thread from 2007

http://www.vmodtech.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=20844&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

They said they managed to get 3 litre from a supplier in Bangkok called "Thonburi Oxygen" [email protected] 024579391-2,024670178,

70 Baht per litre but you need special storage tank to bring home is 20,000 for 3 litre tank and 40,000 for 20 litre tank

The guy that did it said he manage to run through 40-60 litre per sessions, so driving up and down from Bangkok might not be ideal. (mind you this is a thread from 2007 so note the price)

So if you have the right storage, the local supplier might sell you some apparently cattle rearer also uses them in small amount to store semen, so try ringing around the local gas supplier

Good luck with that. I've also tried getting some LN2 for overclocking around here but it seems quite impossible.

Do you live in Pattaya or are you staying here for just a few days? I'm quite into the overclocking scene and would be nice to know some enthusiasts in Pattaya.

If it is for your computer why not just switch it to mineral oil like all the IT shops use for there top end machines. A lot cheaper & a hell of a lot safer!

Oh really? can a standard core i7 reach 7-8 GHz with mineral oil? woaw, thanks for teaching me something new!

liquid nitrogen is used for an overclocking competition for a few minutes only, not for permanent use!

Just have a nurse burn it off like everyone else. There's no need to feel embarrassed, Thai nurses are very professional.

Even if I had warts I'd prefer to burn them myself http://www.wikihow.com/Freeze-a-Wart-With-Liquid-Nitrogen

... but I don't.

I still need liquid nitrogen and couldn't find any in pattaya yet.

Ask on http://www.vmodtech.com/

Someone will hook you up.

If it is for your computer why not just switch it to mineral oil like all the IT shops use for there top end machines. A lot cheaper & a hell of a lot safer!

Oh really? can a standard core i7 reach 7-8 GHz with mineral oil? woaw, thanks for teaching me something new!

liquid nitrogen is used for an overclocking competition for a few minutes only, not for permanent use!

Sounds like a monster system! Why you need that much my full on gaming computer clocks at 4.7 & it just needs fans to cool it down

Never mind now I know that it is getting maxed out & is running hot. Original post didn't state what you needed it for. So not to get to far off topic what competition is only for 2 minutes?just curious.

Edited by Beardog

As the OP has mentioned it is for overclocking competition and not full time gaming rig. I've been interested in this also and even though working at a physics lab and have access to lots of LN2 (Chiang Mai) just no time or patience for it.

Sounds like a monster system! Why you need that much my full on gaming computer clocks at 4.7 & it just needs fans to cool it down

Never mind now I know that it is getting maxed out & is running hot. Original post didn't state what you needed it for. So not to get to far off topic what competition is only for 2 minutes?just curious.

I was just explaining to you the purpose of liquid nitrogen in the overclocking world which is only temporary. Most overclockers do that for fun, personal experiments...

As the OP has mentioned it is for overclocking competition and not full time gaming rig. I've been interested in this also and even though working at a physics lab and have access to lots of LN2 (Chiang Mai) just no time or patience for it.

Thanks for the videos pretty interesting stuff.