Question About Iherb.com Shipping

jackbox

For those of you who have received packages from iherb.com using the Global Priority Mail by DHL option I have a question for you. In which country do the packages enter the mail stream when mailed to Thailand? I see that DHL Global Mail has hubs in Hong Kong and Singapore. If you remember in which country the postage label was from (if one was used) or in which country the postage permit was issued I would appreciate a reply here. It seems that if the packages enter the international airmail stream in another country, they have a much likelier chance of passing by customs rather than having to pass customs first and then entering the mail stream here in Thailand.

I always have them ship USPS no problems yet

iherb.com does not offer USPS shipping. Their airmail service is a Global lift service by DHL. The packages are not posted in the US but are airlifted to another country closer to Thailand for posting. They are delivered by Thai Post but I would like to know in which country DHL is posting the mail into the international airmail system. I am quite confident it is not USPS as their rates are ridiculously expensive and it would make no sense for iherb.com to be using a middle man to simply mail them from the same country.

I am not clear, are you saying they DHL to another country which then mails them by regular post?

Whatever you do, do NOT have it come into Thailand by DHL or any other courier.

Yes, that is what they do. The packages are moved by DHL and then mailed in another country to Thailand. I want to know from people that have received these packages from which country they were mailed from. This can be discerned from the postage label or postal permit imprint. They are not mailed directly from the U.S.

• 2 weeks later...

No responses. I received my first order today 12 days after I placed my order. The postage permit was from Germany. So they are having DHL air freight the packages to Germany and then are mailed to Thailand. Only had to pay the 7 baht customs fee for packages over 1kg in weight. They gave me a gift code (DSF797) to share with friends for $10 off first order over $40 or $5 off a smaller first order. Everything came in good order and I am very pleased.

• 1 month later...

I placed a small order (1x L-Taurine powder 300g and 2x Potassium Chloride powder 227g) as a test (total $27.90) on July 27 and the package arrived today (August 16) at my Ploenchit office. Box was stamped "Postage Paid Permit No. 6/2546 Laksi Post Office, Direct Entry". I'll be placing a larger order now (whey protein and creatine), although not too big in case Customs decide to take their cut.

Edited by a1falang
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes - it is really a no-brainer this month, with free shipping (only USD 4 normally) and if first time order; use of code YOQ460 (10 USD discount on top of free shipping) . Also remember to click "freebies" at the top of their homepage for an extra gift - I can recommend the organic lipbalms. Finally; keep the order under USD 65ish to avoid customs charges (and the hassle of going to the post office). Charges will normally be in the 30% range. If more is needed, then simply order more packages (Yes; I have had 2 arriving at the same time multiple times - no problem).

I have received more than 20 packages now from Iherb. Longest delivery was 6 weeks, shortest was 10 days. So be prepared for that.

Cheers!

• Like 2

Yes - it is really a no-brainer this month, with free shipping (only USD 4 normally) and if first time order; use of code YOQ460 (10 USD discount on top of free shipping) . Also remember to click "freebies" at the top of their homepage for an extra gift - I can recommend the organic lipbalms. Finally; keep the order under USD 65ish to avoid customs charges (and the hassle of going to the post office). Charges will normally be in the 30% range. If more is needed, then simply order more packages (Yes; I have had 2 arriving at the same time multiple times - no problem).

I have received more than 20 packages now from Iherb. Longest delivery was 6 weeks, shortest was 10 days. So be prepared for that.

Cheers!

That's good advice about keeping orders under $65. I was wondering how large to go. Even then 30% isn't as bad as 100% or 200% like I'd expect. And I see everyone's pushing their referral code. I'd never sink that low and tell people to use code CJN725 for their first and subsequent orders from iHerb and save, save, SAVE. whistling.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Worth noting this message when choosing Thailand from iherb's website.

'Please Note: Due to Thailand customs currently preventing importing of our products we have currently suspended shipping orders to Thailand with DHL Express or UPS International. We are currently working with customs to determine what we can do to get our packages to be allowed entry into your country. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.'

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know the limit for packages into Thailand before you are charged customs?

On the iHerb site, it currently says there's a limit of $80 for orders to Thailand though I can't tell if this is the same as the customs limit:

International Airmail — $4.00

Orders up to $80.00, and 4 pounds (1814 grams)
Usually Takes 1-4 weeks, 10 days to Europe and Pacific
2-12 Weeks to Russia and Brazil
Reliable, But No Tracking & Non-refundable

Please Note: Due to Thailand customs currently preventing importing of our products we have currently suspended shipping orders to Thailand with DHL Express or UPS International. We are currently working with customs to determine what we can do to get our packages to be allowed entry into your country. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

PS: I ordered about 3-4 packages under $60 including international postage of $4 earlier this year without customs charges to central Bangkok but the above notice is fairly new. First order to Bangkok took about 3 weeks, subsequent orders were quicker, around 10-12 days.

Edited by BigOm19

• 2 weeks later...

I am not clear, are you saying they DHL to another country which then mails them by regular post?

Whatever you do, do NOT have it come into Thailand by DHL or any other courier.

Have you recently used Iherb Sheryl? I placed my first order on the 14th of last month. It was shipped two days later. Still have yet to receive it. No Q10 included. I even had it shipped in my Thai wife's name. (in thai). Hoping that would help. Are all packages from them flagged?